Photo

Passive mode sucks. People can still grief in many ways

33 replies to this topic
Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Okay so I see that Rockstar removed the option of playing solo.  I wanted to try this out so I could get my feet wet without being griefed.

So I went to passive mode to avoid dickheads, and what happens? Some guy rolls up and wrecks my car shooting at it, gets cops after himself, I ignore him, he gets in my car and transfers his wanted level to me, we both die, my car is impounded, and my gameplay is screwed by some idiot.

Which IIRC is something Rockstar said they wanted to avoid.

I cant remember the guys name to thumb him down, all these idiots have the same kinds of stupid name anyway.

Why was the option for solo removed after like 3 days.

Why was the option to prevent randoms from getting in your car with you removed?

It seems like all the useful anti griefing features have been removed, aside from passive mode which is plain f*n awful.  So someone transfers a wanted level to you, and you have to go into a menu and disable it, while cops are chasing you with 3 stars, so you can fire back at the cops?   Give me a break.  That is beyond useless.

• mdeadline likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I ignore him, he gets in my car 

You can lock your car by selecting the option from the menu by holding Select.

jman1954goat
  • jman1954goat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

hold select on ps3 or whatever brings up your menu on xbox and turn car into no one can get in (locking your car)

xd6___
  • xd6___

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

So the solo mode is suddenly gone? That sucks..

ABGx Psyko xABG
  • ABGx Psyko xABG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

No it's still there....

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Passive mode doesn't work in a car anyway, to prevent you from running over people without being able to get shot for it. There should be passive mode servers, not just a passive button on the fly. Dumb you can lock your car too, this is Grand THEFT AUTO, not the Sims. I don't harass people but I still think it should be chaotic in free roam unless your in a designated passive lobby where everyone is safe.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Passive mode doesn't work in a car anyway, to prevent you from running over people without being able to get shot for it. There should be passive mode servers, not just a passive button on the fly. Dumb you can lock your car too, this is Grand THEFT AUTO, not the Sims. I don't harass people but I still think it should be chaotic in free roam unless your in a designated passive lobby where everyone is safe.

Even in Grand Theft Auto you can't just enter a car and take it. In traffic, sure, because nobody locks their car while driving it, presuming that nobody is retarded enough to jack a car with someone still in it. But for parked cars, you either smash in the window or disable the lock, which takes a few seconds.

Anyway, the car locking system is fine. If you're just exploring, it shouldn't be possible for some asswipe to come by with a wanted level and enter your passenger seat. That's retarded.

• ‹bermacht likes this

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by Astrovik, 03 October 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Solo Session is still there dude..

You have to load it up from Singleplayer.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Solution for griefers.

1. Go to passive mode. Always park your car to look "normal" (parked correctly or in an alleyway), not spread across the parking lot or street to give away who's it is.

2.  Now enter an Ammu-Nation.

3.  Watch grief player shoot at you, miss/unable to, then get shot to death by store clerk.

4. Move on on your merry way.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

I was on Solo all day yesterday.  Its still there, I hate playing with idiots.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I was on Solo all day yesterday.  Its still there, I hate playing with idiots.

It's weird how there are so many! The idiots are the loud ones but the silent majority are just quietly getting on with things.

Jetpack5000
  • Jetpack5000

I GOT IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

lol you failed

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Lock your car from the select menu. And I've found that parking your car so that it looks like a normal spawned car helps people avoid messing with you if they're not looking at your blip on the screen.

Was actually sitting in my car in one of those parking spots by the road when someone drove by, stopped, jumped out and ran to get my car (a yellow Camaro look-alike with black wheels; guess he liked it) and he tried opening it, discovered he couldn't, then he stood there for a second confused and realized there was an actual person in it. I was one step ahead of him and throttled it out of there right as he started firing at me. Funny stuff.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Okay so I see that Rockstar removed the option of playing solo.  I wanted to try this out so I could get my feet wet without being griefed.

So I went to passive mode to avoid dickheads, and what happens? Some guy rolls up and wrecks my car shooting at it, gets cops after himself, I ignore him, he gets in my car and transfers his wanted level to me, we both die, my car is impounded, and my gameplay is screwed by some idiot.

I cant remember the guys name to thumb him down, all these idiots have the same kinds of stupid name anyway.

Why was the option to prevent randoms from getting in your car with you removed?

It seems like all the useful anti griefing features have been removed, aside from passive mode which is plain f*n awful.  So someone transfers a wanted level to you, and you have to go into a menu and disable it, while cops are chasing you with 3 stars, so you can fire back at the cops?   Give me a break.  That is beyond useless.

How the hell is this griefing?!

You died ONCE. That is, if anything, a game incident. 

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

My biggest deal with it is that people can still easily run you over and you die.
I was in passive mode, walking around and a NPC drives straight into me with no incentive and I die. Or when someone is shooting at you while you stare at them laughing at their failed attempts and then they chase you down and run you over, killing you. That's not very fair when you just paid 100$ for passive mode and are still forced to pay the hospital bill.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by carnage., 03 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

I blew up a guy in passive mode when he was standing by the pumps at a gas station, lol.  :devil:

Also, I was in a store trying to buy clothes (in passive mode) and a guy walked in with a gun and I had to leave the store. I went outside and he stole my car and ran me over and killed me. It was great.

• DCRJonez likes this

jc0187
  • jc0187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I was in passive mode at an atm attempting to make a deposit when some asshat ran me over and killed me. Im like WTF?! I almsot had my funds in the bank. Hovered over the deposit selection when WAM! Dead.lol

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Solo mode is definitely still working...

ScaredSenseless
  • ScaredSenseless

Gaming Insomniac

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I was in passive mode at an atm attempting to make a deposit when some asshat ran me over and killed me. Im like WTF?! I almsot had my funds in the bank. Hovered over the deposit selection when WAM! Dead.lol

Same thing happened to me last night. Kinda pissed me off but I didn't have to much money to lose.

Outlaw430
  • Outlaw430

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Stop crying you bitch. Wow kids these days should of stayed to farmville. What little whiners

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've not tried passive mode yet, however whenever I make cash I instantly transfer it over to my bank account via my PHONE. So much easier. Also, there's a lot of players that like to grief but I guess we just have to put up with it. Noticed you can jump into jobs and stuff without having to drive there too. Which is nice. Just going to save up for a crib and then be on my merry way. So hard to make money though

mdeadline
  • mdeadline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I make cash I instantly transfer it over to my bank account via my PHONE.

You can do this?...I've memorized so many ATM locations.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

I make cash I instantly transfer it over to my bank account via my PHONE.

You can do this?...I've memorized so many ATM locations.

Yup if you have more than $50 you go to the internet on your phone - then money and services, then click on the Maze bank. It will give you the option to deposit money, take out or just view transactions. Click deposit and then it asks you how much you want to put in - the bottom one it usually the exact amount of money you have on hand. That's what I pick, so I never have to have cash on my person. If you go to a store, the money just comes straight from your bank account.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

passive mode is a joke. I recently went downstairs for eating and activated passive mode. But yea, it just prevents you from being shot. People can still run you over with their vehicles just fine. Well done R*. I thought it may be timed and the counter was over, but nope, I still had to deactivate it later.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

First of all, use your quickmenu to set your vehicle to "Crew + Friends", and then your car door will be locked to others.

Then, in single player, go to:

Start > Online > Invite Only

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Passive in GTA basically only covers you from enemy fire. If you know that you can still get run over then go somewhere a car or explosion cannot get you should you need to leave the game unattended for a while.

The description for passive mode ingame explains that you cannot be shot until you shoot back so it's quite clear.

Outlaw430
  • Outlaw430

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Here is a tip: If I see someone in PUSS mode, I will come at you bro, and kill you in your car or make sure your car wont move anymore. End of discussion

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

You live with your parents, don't you?

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I play with friends and crew members ONLY. we get stuff done.

doutee8
  • doutee8

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

solo session is in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users