Photo

How do you delete the title update? PS3

10 replies to this topic
TrevorIsMyHomeboy
  • TrevorIsMyHomeboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

I've heard a lot of people say they did this and it worked. Where and how do I do this?

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

In the ps menu go to game > game data utility then look for the update in there

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

As far as I have heard, those were all XBOX people, not sure how it works on xbox. If I go to game > game data utility on my PS3, there is nothing there for GTA except for the Blimp.

TrevorIsMyHomeboy
  • TrevorIsMyHomeboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

As far as I have heard, those were all XBOX people, not sure how it works on xbox. If I go to game > game data utility on my PS3, there is nothing there for GTA except for the Blimp.

I think you're right on this one. I don't see anything to delete the title update.

Leevikingpin
  • Leevikingpin

The original Kingpin of GD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Leevikingpin, 03 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

I think you're right on this one. I don't see anything to delete the title update.
In game data utility it should two separate files for GTA V, one for 39MB and one for 8GB, there should be one that just says GTA V, press triangle and click info to check what size it is (it should be 39 MB) delete that one.

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

In game data utility it should two separate files for GTA V there should be one that just says GTA V, press triangle and click info to check what size it is (it should be 39 MB) delete that one.

I only have the one for the downloaded blimp. Maybe because I have the PSN digital version, so the game is fully installed. I also checked the installed game, but I could only delete the whole game. Anyway, I don't even bother trying that when the issues will be fixed anytime soon anyway.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

delete everything except your game save then put your disc back in. it will ask you to update the game, don't do it, then just proceed to install the game. at least that's what u do for ps3. 

i think the game is more buggy/glitchy after the update. noticed more texture/pop in and bugs

Leevikingpin
  • Leevikingpin

The original Kingpin of GD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

In game data utility it should two separate files for GTA V there should be one that just says GTA V, press triangle and click info to check what size it is (it should be 39 MB) delete that one.

I only have the one for the downloaded blimp. Maybe because I have the PSN digital version, so the game is fully installed. I also checked the installed game, but I could only delete the whole game. Anyway, I don't even bother trying that when the issues will be fixed anytime soon anyway.

Yeah it must be, in my game data files I have one saying GTA V Patch which for some reason is the install and another just saying GTA V which is the update for Online.

Oh well sorry I couldn't help more :(

TrevorIsMyHomeboy
  • TrevorIsMyHomeboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

In game data utility it should two separate files for GTA V, one for 39MB and one for 8GB, there should be one that just says GTA V, press triangle and click info to check what size it is (it should be 39 MB) delete that one.

Gold star for you, sir! I saw that but wasn't sure if that is what I needed to delete. Will try this once I'm home. Thanks!!!

aandrew610
  • aandrew610

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Just deleted update and reinstslled Ill post update in a sec

aandrew610
  • aandrew610

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Didnt Fix anything :(