Photo

Some invitations blocked?

21 replies to this topic
-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

When I host my own match/job i'll go to invite people and it will say "Blocked" in place of where it usually says "Invited". It doesn't happen to every person that gets invited but quite a few, is anyone else experiencing this issue? It might have something to do with me being rank 30.

jiggy1965
  • jiggy1965

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'd like to know that too. I usually see icons like 'invited', 'joining' (when they are busy setting their settings while joining), and 'joined', but with a few players also a 'blocked' icon. What does that mean?

When I'm invited I can only choose to accept the invited or choose to ignore it by not picking up my phone. There isn't an option to block a player.

It also happened with a friend of mine who's on my friends list. He hasn't been playing that long. Still at RP 2 while I'm at RP 7. Perhaps players who are to far behind are automatically blocked from the job?

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

really? this post made it a week an no help? i would also like to know how to block requests.

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Me too! Blocked, I've seen and rejected. Or busy, of course, if they're already on a job

KyoukoToshinou
  • KyoukoToshinou

Gay Faggot

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I think "blocked" in this case means when either of the players invited manually decline the invite to the job over their phone by pressing X on XBox 360 or Square on PS3.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

well, it doesnt work, because i still get invites. i had one guy send me almost 10 of the same ones and i deleted them all every time...

• jtet37 likes this

abbthemad
  • abbthemad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

well, it doesnt work, because i still get invites. i had one guy send me almost 10 of the same ones and i deleted them all every time...

• jtet37 likes this

abbthemad
  • abbthemad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

The blocked thing means that person is a low level and unable to do jobs, hope it has helped
  • Captain Hammer likes this

laxwiz
  • laxwiz

carcrazy8

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

From all of the game time i have seen between myself and crew members, the blocked might have something to do with parental settings in your console, lower levels is not the case since every time I invite one person I am talking to in the game that is a higher level than me it is sometimes blocked.

laxwiz
  • laxwiz

carcrazy8

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

The answer I got from Rockstar has to do with completing the online tutorial at the beginning, I guess if you don't it will not let you receive invites.  Not all true, since I have a crew member that has not done a LTS and he is never blocked???  After trying a couple different ideas, the most success is inviting the blocked person all by themself first, then adding all other people after, seems to work for now.  Good luck everyone.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 04 December 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Unless they are your friends (on your friends list ) or part of your crew (your crew is their primary/active) they need to be a certain level to do the job. It tells you what level on the screen before your able to send the invites. It doesn't matter what level you are if your invited to missions by crew members but randoms can't join if they haven't reached the level requirement. Hope that clears things up.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

That sounds right, but it's not.  I've done plenty of missions before now that I couldn't access myself due to having a level lower than required.  And it was never with friends or crew - total randoms.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

Any update on this? I have a guy on my a Friends list and we can't join/invite it says blocked

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

Any update on this? I have a guy on my a Friends list and we can't join/invite it says blocked

jury still out.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

happened last night with a crew member (rank 130).. But after a few tries, he was able to join.

so its one of those things.

Nenzo
  • Nenzo

White Boy

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

The person you're inviting has to have done the heist already or is in the process of doing it before they can join you.

E.g: someone that hasn't done the prison break cannot join Humane Labs setup or the actual heist.

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

The person you're inviting has to have done the heist already or is in the process of doing it before they can join you.

E.g: someone that hasn't done the prison break cannot join Humane Labs setup or the actual heist.

Not true, unless you mean this is why invites show as blocked, in which case I don't know

bytemanOKAY
  • bytemanOKAY

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

guys i find out what the problem is. got the same problem, i cannot invite my friend as well as he cant. the problem is that he updated his gta 5 and i hadnt. i just download the update and ready to go.

hope this will help somebody.

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

stompin' neck & cashin' checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

I think "blocked" in this case means when either of the players invited manually decline the invite to the job over their phone by pressing X on XBox 360 or Square on PS3.

is this how to stop someone from spamming you with invites to a particular job?

TaikaJamppa
  • TaikaJamppa

President of Leineperi MC

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

I have this "BLOCKED" problem, too... ALTHOUGH; it goes on EVERYONE I have invited today... At least since last re-start of playing Online, you know.

I tried this R* deathmatch, (forgot the name), and everyone was "BLOCKED"... Why? WHY Rockstar?

As for Meatrocket, it will keep sending you invites but you can always ignore them manually.

Not true, unless you mean this is why invites show as blocked, in which case I don't know

Not true. I had invited a person level 11, and no problem. I dont think he/she had done the heist anyway, and this problem with BLOCKED showed up on a R* deathmatch (dont remember the name). So... No, no matter what kind of progress ya done.

VanessaMagick
  • VanessaMagick

Resident Lewdposter

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

1) That player has blocked all communications from you over Xbox Live. (This may not be true, but it seems to be the case.)

2) Either you or that player has Strict/Moderate NAT which is preventing you from connecting to each other's jobs.

3) That player has configured his online settings so he can't get invites from other players.

It might also be possible for it to happen when they disable invites in-game.

I think number 3 is usually the reason why.

TaikaJamppa
  • TaikaJamppa

President of Leineperi MC

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:37 AM Edited by TaikaJamppa, 22 April 2015 - 07:49 AM.

1) That player has blocked all communications from you over Xbox Live. (This may not be true, but it seems to be the case.)

2) Either you or that player has Strict/Moderate NAT which is preventing you from connecting to each other's jobs.

3) That player has configured his online settings so he can't get invites from other players.

It might also be possible for it to happen when they disable invites in-game.

I think number 3 is usually the reason why.

1. I play on PS3, but same thing is possible in the PSN.

2. My NAT is not one of those, I think. Sometimes maybe have been, but no, not this day.

3. This one might be the right thing... But how is it possible for like 50 players to do it, just today, same time? 

To be honest, I highly doubt this thing has anything to do with the players or their NAT-type... I believe it is a problem somehow accidentally created by Rockstar, OR what they should be able to solve. Hopefully.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users