Photo

This is how me and a few friends got it working this morning

69 replies to this topic
GlitchOnMyLevel
  • GlitchOnMyLevel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Ok how do I get back to the Online mode menu/character creation screen? everytime I try to enter Online mode it manually throws me into this cut scene where my character walks up to the blue circle and that race attempts to launch. I have no control at all. any help would be great!

tallaght
  • tallaght

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by tallaght, 03 October 2013 - 08:56 PM.

This worked for me, kind of.

I created my character, started the first mission, and got stuck on the launching session screen.

Dashboarded, and started the game up in story mode, then selected solo play from the online menu.

This let me play the race vs just Lamar, but after that I could run around and do jobs, see other players etc.

It was quite fun. Played a deathmatch against some guy who kept running me over outside the hospital!, played a mission with a crew member I happened to bump into.

That was 3 hours ago. Now, I go back to the game and my character is gone, and I have to start over.

I think I'm going to leave online alone until I hear from Rockstar that all issues are sorted. Need to get the last 6% in singleplayer anyway.

You weren't supposed to enter the deathmatch, just quit out of it when you go in to the circle. You then switch to Michael and This saves your character for next time. If you don't do this the tutorial isn't finished and your temporary character gets deleted again.

Revolver_Mjolnir
  • Revolver_Mjolnir

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I created my character, started the first mission, and got stuck on the launching session screen.

Dashboarded, and started the game up in story mode, then selected solo play from the online menu.

This let me play the race vs just Lamar, but after that I could run around and do jobs, see other players etc.

It was quite fun. Played a deathmatch against some guy who kept running me over outside the hospital!, played a mission with a crew member I happened to bump into.

That was 3 hours ago. Now, I go back to the game and my character is gone, and I have to start over.

I think I'm going to leave online alone until I hear from Rockstar that all issues are sorted. Need to get the last 6% in singleplayer anyway.

You weren't supposed to enter the deathmatch, just quit out of it when you go in to the circle. You then switch to Michael and This saves your character for next time. If you don't do this the tutorial isn't finished and your temporary character gets deleted again.

I didn't play the deathmatch as part of the tutorial. I switched to michael after I met that G guy, then back to my online character.

The deathmatch was against a random online player. He challenged me, and we ran around shooting each other outside a hopsital.

Character was gone a couple of hours after that, and I never even attempted the tutorial deathmatch.

tallaght
  • tallaght

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

I didn't play the deathmatch as part of the tutorial. I switched to michael after I met that G guy, then back to my online character.

The deathmatch was against a random online player. He challenged me, and we ran around shooting each other outside a hopsital.

Character was gone a couple of hours after that, and I never even attempted the tutorial deathmatch.

Maybe the servers were just acting up. If you cant access your character always go to the Select character option and keep retrying if the servers say are not available.

wassa
  • wassa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

When I get into solo, I walk into the blue circle and then nothing happens, just the loading screen again......

wassa
  • wassa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Oh wow as soon as I dashboarded the loading screen right after my last comment the race just started in the background fml

wassa
  • wassa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Now it won't even work anymore :(

chh2tx
  • chh2tx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

I hate getting stuck at red lights so a friend told me to count to 3 and say 'green!' Three times and The light would change. I Tried and it worked the first time! So if you try and it doesn't work then your doing something wrong.

That's kinda the same thing we're doing in each of these threads.
  • Sticky Pads likes this

Bitch Ass Bullshit
  • Bitch Ass Bullshit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

This method kinda worked for me yesterday. Just joined to tell that.

Tonight i will check again if my chara got deleted or not? Any way there is a new title update coming in 2 hrs

AkumaBrad
  • AkumaBrad

Gramma Natsi

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

I don't think there are any real tricks, other than perhaps starting a new character.  I'd guess that these 'tricks' are just what a person happened to do the time it randomly worked. There are like 20+ 'tricks' on the forums today, which, if you add them all up account for about every possible combination of actions you can take. Correlation is not causation.

Well said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users