» «
Photo

Phone Camera Improvements In New Patch

10 replies to this topic
SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by SlingShotUK, 03 October 2013 - 11:42 AM.

I noticed last night - after a number of days of not using it - that the phone camera is taking better pictures. Or rather, the images that are uploaded to Social Club are much better than they were before. Anyone else noticed this and was it after the patch? I'm assuming it must have been as it's most likely that the game converts the photos into JPG's and uploads them (rather than the server handling that).

Pretty pleased about this as the awful lines that used to be over the pictures (looking like interlaced video) have gone and the contrast / brightness is better. Here's an example pre-patch and post-patch (assuming it is patch related):

r10H8Zr.jpg

A56JPUo.jpg

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

yeah it was mentioned, good find anyways

Yasin-618
  • Yasin-618

☆☆ High Rollers - Gambler ☆☆

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I knew it cus i took a selfie of my character and there were no lines!! :)

• SlingShotUK likes this

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

yeah it was mentioned, good find anyways

Ah thanks for letting me know. I thought it must have been but my searching didn't point me to the right thread.

Cool to see R* improving things like this as they go. Quite a fun feature.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I've never seen the muscle beach area that busy. Is that online or in SP?

I'm guessing you are into bodybuilding, based on your pics.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I've never seen the muscle beach area that busy. Is that online or in SP?

I'm guessing you are into bodybuilding, based on your pics.

That was in SP. It was weird as just before this I was playing as Trevor and on top of a nearby building. At that point there was one woman doing chin up's. I then went down to street level and it was packed, along with two guys filming it with their phones ;)

Heh, I thought it might look like that. I just chose the billboard one quickly from my album for an example although then thought at least it's in context lol.

Not into body building but do a lot of body weight training and Parkour so love the workout bits in the game.

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by SoulTrain75, 03 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

is there a way to delete pictures you've taken? cant seem to find a delete button on my social club or in the game options thanks.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

is there a way to delete pictures you've taken? cant seem to find a delete button on my social club or in the game options thanks.

I was the same and then found out that you can only delete them in-game. Open the menu and move along to 'Gallery'. You can then delete each one. Annoying really as they take ages to load from Social Club into the gallery. Would be much easier to delete on-line. Maybe R* will add that down the line.

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Confirmed

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yet I still can't use this application, because greedy Micro$oft want me to buy their useless service to save images, and I doubt Rockstar will ever do something about it. Oh well, have fun being able to use it, the camera feature is great, even if the photos are in terrible 360p.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yet I still can't use this application, because greedy Micro$oft want me to buy their useless service to save images, and I doubt Rockstar will ever do something about it. Oh well, have fun being able to use it, the camera feature is great, even if the photos are in terrible 360p.

Yeah I don't get why they insist on a gold sub just to upload photos. Very annoying.

Photo res isn't amazing but at least they have removed the awful lines from the photos now which is something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users