Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should R* give something free for the rocky launch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic
WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 03 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Now, before any wise-ass comes here to say "Don't b*tch about that, Rockstar said it'd be rocky.": I am not b*tching... I am just saying. This message is not in a tone of rage or anyway insulting towards R* or the current Online users, thus it is not complaining. Then what is it? A suggestion/constructive criticism. 

I have seen some random replies to threads lately, anything from "I wonder if my pony can fly!", "Online works perfectly!" etc. have at least someone reply "Stop bitching about Online." or something like that. Although funny to observe, it's somewhat weird. Or perhaps weird is not the word for it... more like it smells like slight trolling.

Anyway let's get to the main point. I think everyone should get some amount of in-game money. If your level was higher, it'd scale down (you would get less money than those who are below your level) and if it was lower, you'd get more money. This way, no one would be left without something and everyone profits. Higher levels less, yes, but that is because they've had more time to do things and get more $$$ of their own.

Whether the current people who moan now, start to moan like "But this other dude has a higher level!! Do a rollback!"... those kind of people have always existed since the creation of Multiplayer games and will always exist until someone creates a super system to make everyone to be happy.

• WarM4chine likes this

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

yeah free season passes for all dlcs

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Don't b*tch about that, Rockstar said it'd be rocky!

Seriously though... I totally agree. Free seasonal DLC or something

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

No.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

No, I am not an entitled asshole.

• El Tel and Scar3dGam3r like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm the same as this guy.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Don't b*tch about that, Rockstar said it'd be rocky!

Seriously though... I totally agree. Free seasonal DLC or something

theres a difference between something being rocky...and a god damn cliff...this was an embarrassment. 

• WarM4chine and -TommyVercetti- like this

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Get over it.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Get over it.

As soon as you read the whole opening post, my friend.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

They are a business - no, they shouldn't give away something free.

Wait a week or so and it will be fine.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I can play just fine, I felt like the people who still moan needed someone to nicely post about whether it is possible.

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm the same as this guy.

I'm the same as those guys.

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by HitPoint, 03 October 2013 - 11:59 AM.

We were already given Online free which is almost on the scale of an MMO when it comes to content.

Quitcha bitchin' entitled sir.

Btw there is no such thing called "slight trolling", it's called sarcasm. Trolling is trolling hurrdurr.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Platinum Deplorable

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by Pizentu, 03 October 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Yes! They should give you 10xs what you paid for online. 

x0       or    10 x 0 = 0

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Shouldn't the launch have been pushed back by a week then? Instead of this sh*t.

I don't know. I don't feel they should give something free, but on the other hand, it'd go a long way towards repairing the damage to their reputation if they did. More than anything, they  need to give answers.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Free bans for people who are unable to use the search function.

• avfc1991 likes this

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by HitPoint, 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Shouldn't the launch have been pushed back by a week then? Instead of this sh*t.

I don't know. I don't feel they should give something free, but on the other hand, it'd go a long way towards repairing the damage to their reputation if they did. More than anything, they  need to give answers.

This happens to almost every major online game of this size, plus they didn't do any stress testing with an open beta. They tried anticipating the launch by buying more servers and in practice it doesn't always work. They are still fairly new to the online infrastructure of this magnitude they tried making a game that has close to the same amount of content as a modern MMO. They're still a business after all, and they have done a damn fine job at it from my experience on both 360/PS3 of both solo content and now Online.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Wouldn't mind a Pack of 10 Snacks :D

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Gimme gimme gimme = this generation.

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

A free cops and crooks game mode would not be entitled and would be something that a lot of people would want.

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

maybe some discounts at amunation but I wouldn't expect anything huge from them. If they just fix all these long loads and connection problems I will be happy.

watto33
  • watto33

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

So many self entitled peices of shiiizer on here

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by FocusedPants, 03 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Question is... what is FREE?

Yesterday, there was a debate about what is free...which kept me entertained during a slow day at work.

xinvictusxplayx
  • xinvictusxplayx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Would I like something because I can't get on? Of course I would! Money isn't the biggest thing for me due to level unlocks, my issue is that my friends are now way ahead of me and so I will pretty much be unable to enjoy the game with them - a way of being able to catch them up quicker, I.e an XP boost up (say 200% xp) up to level 15 or something for a week would be much more useful.

Should I get something because I can't get on? Absolutely not! I am entitled to nothing! Better information from R* would go a long way, as well as issues being fixed but giving me money? No. Of course I am frustrated that I can't get on but issues are expected, I don't doubt R* are working on them - can't really ask any more than that!

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

This happens to almost every major online game of this size, plus they didn't do any stress testing with an open beta. They tried anticipating the launch by buying more servers and in practice it doesn't always work. They are still fairly new to the online infrastructure of this magnitude they tried making a game that has close to the same amount of content as a modern MMO. They're still a business after all, and they have done a damn fine job at it from my experience on both 360/PS3 of both solo content and now Online.

I know. As I said, I don't think they should feel like it's something they must do, but it's something they could do.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

They could have pushed it back another week but they still wouldn't have foreseen what issues might occur - like the PS Network servers concurrent user limits (as reported on R* support page today.)

Obviously it's an insanely massive project and to release it live is going to bring up all sorts of issues that you just can't predict.

I bet R* are also gutted at how it has transpired.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Why do kids think they are entitled to something free?? Listen to yourself lol, no we dont deserve a freebie, we was all warned about it before hand, it was expected

crobert0247
  • crobert0247

Rock*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Triple RP and cash for a time. That may backfire though. The servers would probably get blasted again. Comp'd Surfing or Poker DLC would be most excellent though. :)

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I can play just fine, I felt like the people who still moan needed someone to nicely post about whether it is possible.

To be fair, WinterEdit did just suggest free in-game money (not a physical reward) and he did post nicely! I doubt Rockstar would organise this - it could cause more complications - and complaints!

gatu55
  • gatu55

Suicide Inducer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

OMG all you entitled assholes are really starting to piss me off for the last time!!! Your making my arrogant little ass want to cry! All I ever wanted was to feel entitled too but my life sucks so I've never been able to feel it! OMG I HATE ENTITLED PEOPLE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users