Photo

R* Servers

16 replies to this topic
JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:37 AM Edited by JohnGazman, 03 October 2013 - 11:51 AM.

So, on day one everyone flocked to here and started complaining that R* was unprepared, that they didn't buy and install enough servers. And from out of the woodwork came guys saying "No, it's not as simple as buying more servers".

Well; 

Makers Rockstar - which had warned "plenty of issues are bound to occur" ahead of the launch - have set up a support site to provide users with updates on efforts to fix the problems.

"We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this," they said on the site.

The UK developer of the hit game had said it was "working around the clock to buy and add more servers" to support Grand Theft Auto Online.

So as a matter of fact, it turns out that it is just that simple. And those of use who said "R* were too tightfisted to invest in servers before the launch" were right to be annoyed at multi-million dollar company being too stingy with it's profits to sort out it's game. The question is, if it actually is that simple, why wasn't it considered in the first place? Why wasn't anyone at R* saying "You know, are we sure we've got enough servers to handle the load?". 

For a company launching a persistent online game based on one of the most popular franchises ever, it seems that they were very naive - or just flat out incompetent - when it came to preparing for this launch.

Source: http://news.sky.com/...-rockstar-sorry

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Mmm interesting.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

On their support pages today Rockstar has posted: "For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved."

So it seems that, in this instance, the PS Network servers were at fault, not the Rockstar servers, so perhaps it's not as simple as that after all.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

On their support pages today Rockstar has posted: "For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved."

So it seems that, in this instance, the PS Network servers were at fault, not the Rockstar servers, so perhaps it's not as simple as that after all.

Can anyone confirm this? Last night I created my character for the 3rd time, but I couldn't join the first race and lost the character again. 

I'll try this when I get home... I hope its true

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

tl:dr read it all before. Too many times if you ask me.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by avfc1991, 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

I still get stuck on the bit before the race. The blurry screen.

baddestsupercec
  • baddestsupercec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

They said the race part is a entirely seperated glitch.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

That was day one though, the problem seems to be now with some people (not all, as i know some still have problem with the race part) that the character isnt saving even if you do get online. So it seems it just isnt a server error but also a Cloud error aswell.

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Can anyone confirm this? Last night I created my character for the 3rd time, but I couldn't join the first race and lost the character again. 

This update has been posted 24 hours ago already..

As of yesterday loads of new players were able to join. They still didn't fix the race/save issue though

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

That was day one though, the problem seems to be now with some people (not all, as i know some still have problem with the race part) that the character isnt saving even if you do get online. So it seems it just isnt a server error but also a Cloud error aswell.

The Cloud is still a server issue as well though. This - to me - points to all the launch-day woes stemming from a general lack of preparation on R*'s part.

ovoVoodoo
  • ovoVoodoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

all I know is no matter what I do and what I try or how long I wait it will not let me play online.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

This update has been posted 24 hours ago already..

As of yesterday loads of new players were able to join. They still didn't fix the race/save issue though

Yeah, it's not an "all-fixed" message but just one particular issue resolved (i.e. PS3 networks had a limitation on concurrent users!) - Here's the source: http://support.rocks...-Latest-Updates-

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I've been able to access online perfectly, character was returned yesterday along with my rank and money. Everything's been working nice and smooth for me.

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Pasty anyone?

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Its working for me! BTW I got the first character I created again, somehow they saved it lol

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Pasty anyone?

Please.
  • skinku likes this

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Its working for me! BTW I got the first character I created again, somehow they saved it lol

Whereas mine has just vanished 10 minutes ago... I am assuming she will show up again in the morning covered in dirt & wagging her tail.

• NADOLNY likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users