» «
Photo

To Those who are still stuck in the beginning race or having any other

11 replies to this topic
NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by NudasPriest, 03 October 2013 - 05:03 PM.

I have not have problems my but my friend has, we have since the launch and he hasn't been able to do anything until now, and what seemed to fix it is deleting the title update and redownloading it. he has tried over and over again for hours on end waiting for players to join, remaking characters, all that. This made it work the very first time and we are in a game right now as I type this post. I hope this helps anybody having issues, not that it is not a guaranteed fix, but it seems to have produced a definite result.

TL;DR

Delete Title update, redownload/reinstall title update

Edit: Forgot to mention, this was on Xbox 360. Sorry guys, but I can't say because I don't have a PS3, where you find the files to remove on PS3 I do not know.

TrevorIsMyHomeboy
  • TrevorIsMyHomeboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

How do you do this for PS3? I have not a clue where to look. All I can find is the initial install data. Where do I go?

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I updated title post, was excited to play with a friend and forgot to mention it was on Xbox Live. I would do a search on it if you can, look for where PS3 normally downloads updates for games or specifically GTA V itself and go from there. It could have been a fluke, but the very first time after my friend did this it worked and I am posting now after a LONG session without any of the bullsh*t.

Browntrout79
  • Browntrout79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Many have tried this, including myself, with no luck.
It is just a matter of luck, nothing that anyone suggests has been a fix.
Thanks for the try though!

Blue65
  • Blue65

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

What rockstar really should have done was NOT include a mandatory tutorial. 

• I SHADOWFOX I and Redeemer117 like this

Browntrout79
  • Browntrout79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

+1
  • I SHADOWFOX I likes this

GoonerSoldier
  • GoonerSoldier

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

I got by the tutorial by deleting my character 4 times until it finally went through.  If it doesnt go thru in 5 mins just log out of PSN thru email and itll take you back to SP (DO NOT TURN OFF OR QUIT GAME)   Once on SP go to online and create a new player for online. Good luck  this is for PS3.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Kinda have to agree on this one. Not quite sure why someone thought this would be a good idea. Just another case of trying to cater to the idiots of the world.

The best time to get in is when the cloud servers are down, you wont get full functionality, but at least you can go around f*cking with other players and holding up a few different 7/11's. All you have to do is not care that your character wont get saved...you know...kinda like GTA IV free roam.

Blue65
  • Blue65

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Blue65, 03 October 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Kinda have to agree on this one. Not quite sure why someone thought this would be a good idea. Just another case of trying to cater to the idiots of the world.

The best time to get in is when the cloud servers are down, you wont get full functionality, but at least you can go around f*cking with other players and holding up a few different 7/11's. All you have to do is not care that your character wont get saved...you know...kinda like GTA IV free roam.

It baffles me that rockstar would implement a mandatory tutorial. What other online game does this? I know that there are tutorial modes for some online games, but they are optional. Rockstar really messed up on this. 

Lewis_dc
  • Lewis_dc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

If you want to try deleting the title update for PS3, in the games column go to game utility data, then delete the file which should be after the install file.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

If you want to try deleting the title update for PS3, in the games column go to game utility data, then delete the file which should be after the install file.

i looked for it yesterday, in one folder there is a 'gta V DLC' file (the blimp i guess) and in the game data folder is the install file. no update files showing up anywhere..

MedicalTwerking
  • MedicalTwerking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

I found a thing that could help people out that still have a problem. When you're about to walk to the blue circle pull out your phone and open any app if your screen is at the city you did it right. it should take about 30 sec or less if it takes longer dashboard and try it again I think when you take out you phone and open a app you become host.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users