Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone else think the "Good sport" system is crap?

16 replies to this topic
diablo333911
  • diablo333911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

I mean, what is the point of this system? Why have the bounty system if you want to punish players by grouping them with griefers for killing others? It's like they added it in at the last second and didn't think it through. What they should have done was have Hardcore servers for people who want to kill eachother in free roam and normal servers for people who don't, like RDR.

TheFool
  • TheFool

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

I imagine some time in the future R* will add functions to search and join "passive" game servers. For now, let them concentrate on the bigger issues.

• pariah87 likes this

ahatius
  • ahatius

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

I mean, what is the point of this system? Why have the bounty system if you want to punish players by grouping them with griefers for killing others? It's like they added it in at the last second and didn't think it through. What they should have done was have Hardcore servers for people who want to kill eachother in free roam and normal servers for people who don't, like RDR.

As I understand that doesn't have to do anything with killing in free roam. It more has to do with leaving missions without finishing.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

I just ignore it. 

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

You won't get a bad sport rating for killing players in Free Roam.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

I imagine some time in the future R* will add functions to search and join "passive" game servers. For now, let them concentrate on the bigger issues.

Exactly.

umbaru
  • umbaru

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Is this %100?
I periodically get $1000 for being a "good sport"

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

I only know i got 1000 $ for being a Good Sport, i think you get that daily? (once per in-game day)

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Is this %100?
I periodically get $1000 for being a "good sport"

It's mainly there to stop people from quitting missions, and griefing teammates in matches etc.

Having a bad sport rating given to you for killing someone in a game where you can place a bounty on someone's head would be as stupid as having to pay "medical bills" every time you die. Wait a minute...

• umbaru likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Oh. That's a shame.

Some people want to drive around the map, customising and building their character and doing missions. Others want to "hunt" and kill people in the map over and over.

The radar blips makes hunting a pointless exercise so killers will naturally take control of a server session.

I was assuming the dedicated killers were moving to Bad Sport servers to play with like-minded players?

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Oh. That's a shame.

Some people want to drive around the map, customising and building their character and doing missions. Others want to "hunt" and kill people in the map over and over.

The radar blips makes hunting a pointless exercise so killers will naturally take control of a server session.

I was assuming the dedicated killers were moving to Bad Sport servers to play with like-minded players?

That's why you have passive mode. And the ability to fight back.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I spent hours trying to get past the tutorial, finally did, only to have some kid start killing me when I was just trying to get to a clothes store.

So after him killing me three times, I just started to hunt him down and ended up killing him like...20 times I think?

He actually started crying, or it sounded like he was crying, and said I wasn't being fair because I had the bullpup shotgun, desert eagle and advanced SMG from having the special edition.  I kept killing him and he eventually left.

Hope he can't get on again.

Anyways, I don't really know if it tallied me up as a bad sport for doing this or not, but I do know when I got to the TDM part of the tutorial, only one guy was able to join me and everyone else was "blocked" over and over again.

Fluxcap
  • Fluxcap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yes. It needs work and I predict a reset and tweaks to the current model eventually.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

How would most of us know when we have only had a couple of hours of play time or none at all.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

How would most of us know when we have only had a couple of hours of play time or none at all.

I played for 2 solid days now. You only get $1000 for being good which isn't worth it. Now if the price for being a good little soldier was $10,000 I'd never do bad things again lol.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

I spent hours trying to get past the tutorial, finally did, only to have some kid start killing me when I was just trying to get to a clothes store.

So after him killing me three times, I just started to hunt him down and ended up killing him like...20 times I think?

He actually started crying, or it sounded like he was crying, and said I wasn't being fair because I had the bullpup shotgun, desert eagle and advanced SMG from having the special edition.  I kept killing him and he eventually left.

Hope he can't get on again.

Anyways, I don't really know if it tallied me up as a bad sport for doing this or not, but I do know when I got to the TDM part of the tutorial, only one guy was able to join me and everyone else was "blocked" over and over again.

I was also killed on the journey to the clothes shop. Spawned in the street where people were shooting other people so I decided to slope off, get a car and do my own thing. I made it to the street when someone must have spotted my attempt to get to the clothes shop and ran towards me with a car then shot me. I didn't bother responding because I still wanted to settle into the world, so I went to the clothes shop after I respawned again.

I feel that the game doesn't prepare players for joining a world with "real people" so they are immediately on the defensive (or offensive) and likely to shoot. I wasn't impressed with the tutorial stages - bit of a let down.

I can't see any useful Good Sport/Bad Sport incentive although I'll wait for the dust to settle (with the server problems) before judging this.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

It is kinda stupid. I blew up several players personal vehicles and never once got a bad sport warning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users