Photo

Being born in early 96 and the controversy of it

61 replies to this topic
Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Worst part of the 90's: Watching my mom die.

dead mom = worst decade. f*ck you 90's, and f*ck all of you who peddle this nostalgia bullsh*t.

sh*t, sorry to hear that man. Seriously!!

I lost my dad in the 90s too, but I didn't watch him die. That must have been tough. Basically I hated the 90s from 97 onwards, but I really have some awesome memories too...

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

I was born in October 1995 (yay, 18th on Thursday!) And I remember the 90s, I remember helping my dad extend the garage when I was 3 and walking along the roof, I remember my 4th birthday, the dog we used to have and the day it bit my head. The day I ended up having to go to hospital to get sand out of my eyes because I couldn't see and having to use eye drops for about a week. I remember going to my grandads and him making a bowl (he was a really good wood worker and made me a bookshelf and rocking horse which I still have) I remember quite a lot from the 90s and yes, it was good, apart from on my 4th birthday I went to work with my dad (it was a weekend) and we were milking cows and I was sick in the collecting yard and then I fell off the back of a chair later on too.

we got similar memory traits. I can go back to 3 and i can remember very specific things about my memories, I remember my older sister teaching me the middle finger when i was 3 or 4. Ahhh classic 

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

This 90's kids sh*t is nothing to be proud of. I spent a good chunk of my childhood in the 90's and don't feel my childhood was any better than what is possible for kids today.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

The only thing that defines the 90's is the bloody calendar. You can't put much stock in it - it's beyond sentimentalism. It's just an easy (read: wrong) way for people to categorize cultural movements without putting much thought into it.

The 80s were defined by Otter rocking out in his living room to Duran Duran in his underpants.
  • Otter likes this

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

I think it's dumb when kids brag about being '90's kids.' I think it's even dumber when kids call out other kids for not being 90's kids.  

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

Despite being a 90's kid, March of '96, I hate everything about that Decade, The 70's is by far my favourite decade, Great Music, Great Movies ,Great TV, Great Cars, Great Women...

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 05 October 2013 - 05:24 AM.

e: Apparently "That's So Raven" is considered to be part of the 90s by Tumblr.

There is only one That's so Raven gif so I'm guessing it was mislabeled or something. And that terrible show was first aired in 2003.

And unless you remember sh*t from the 90s, you aren't a "90s kid". I was born in '92, so I do remember sh*t from '97 and on. Stuff like watching Pokemon for the first time and then asking my parents to buy me a pack of Pokemon cards, then finding out they bought me a bunch of fakes. Or the thought that the world could end on New Years and seeing the entire No Frills empty of food. Getting a GameBoy Colour and Pokemon Yellow and playing a lot of it. Playing Spyro at a friends house on his small black and white tv.

Mind you I also get part of the early 2000s mixed in cause there was a lot of cross over between the two. (I usually include 2000 and 2001 in my 90s memories, but everything above is from the 90s)

yea I was born in 92 and grew up in the hectic city of Sac... I remember waking up to cops holding guns to the bed I was sleepin in in the late 90s looking for my uncle cus he did some sh*t... sh*t the 90s were hella wild. but yea I grew up during the gang Bangin days out in Northern cali so Ive been around hella bad sh*t...

oh and I noticed that Max Steel was making a return (used to have the Blonde Max Steel army dude with the arm band that opened back in the day)

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I think it's dumb when kids brag about being '90's kids.' I think it's even dumber when kids call out other kids for not being 90's kids.  

I agree. Some people are dicks about it and look down on people younger than them, But The thing is, I dont "Brag" about it, I reminisce about it. The late 90s for me wasnt just some thing to brag about, It was something that was a part of me and always will be

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I was born in 85, and I have pretty vivid memories of at least three of the years of that decade.  I definitely remember seeing the Simpsons on Tracy Ullman, and when "Don't Worry Be Happy" was a popular song.  Much of the rest just involves kids things like He-Man and Star Wars.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

whenever someone mentions the 1990s the first thing that comes to my mind is sitting in a depressing dark green room watching pingu and that show with those robots that lived in a teapot. i have memories of that, i don't even know where that house was, who's house it was or why i was there, but i do remember it. it wasn't even in the 1990s.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Mr.Mister, 05 October 2013 - 07:46 PM.

I was born in June 93' and don't remember much of it, except 98 and 99. I remember Pokemon cards, pogs, PS1 + N64, certain 90s cartoons and cheesy pop music. Earliest memory was moving out west in 98 and going to kindergarten

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

The 90's were very nice...a short time of peace (FOR A f*ckING CHANGE). 80's were crazy as anarchistic, 70's were a shadow and 60's was a f*cking revolution to everything. 50's, starting after WW2, were the 90's, IMO, as the Cold War concluded (World War 3).

Now continuing this cycle...we've had peaceful, we've had crazy (2000 - 2010) - now it's time for revolution!!!

Peaceful? Let me think... Sure, why not.

• Nameless Foot Soldier likes this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

The only thing that defines the 90's is the bloody calendar. You can't put much stock in it - it's beyond sentimentalism. It's just an easy (read: wrong) way for people to categorize cultural movements without putting much thought into it.

But c'mon man.. the 80's!

• Otter likes this

GayHomo
  • GayHomo

Confirmed Busta

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

1991 master race, "90's kid" and don't give a f*ck because the 90s were total sh*t and everything was horrible.
  • Moonshield likes this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Damn, Im sorry to hear alot of you didnt like the 90s. I guess everyone had different experiences, Some people might like these years but i hate them alot

GTAfattyjuice
  • GTAfattyjuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by GTAfattyjuice, 06 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

90s were ok but 00s were better

20s will be the best

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Everyone seems to act like their days of young life are to be proud and loving. I call bullsh*t, you'll clinging to stupid cartoons and times when you didn't have responsibilities and you could waste as much time on stupid sh*t without too much trouble with other idiotic friends who are just as stupid as yourself.

Yeah, god I f*cking love my 90's childhood, it was so f*cking good. No, f*ck off, bullsh*t. I lived, had times of great worth but they die and decay just as everything else, nothing to be proud of. Just let it die as you should let everything die.

The same is going to be with every generation claiming theirs was the best because everyone likes to believe their own bias and simple minded deluded lies of self proclamation.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

I was born in 92 and remember about jacksh*t about the 90s, except for watching Nickelodeon and eventually Fox Kids when we stopped having cable. I think that's how the "90s kid" term is basically thrown around, just as a context for what you watched on TV but even then I barely remember any  episodes.

I wish I had listened the the radio more because I'm loving a lot of little known pop-rock 90s bands like Harvey Danger and Letters to Cleo. I had the wrong impression all music was Aaron Carter (what ever happened to that guy? Don't care),the only song I liked was "Take On Me" which I only heard in school functions and didn't know the name of.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

why do so many people hate the 90s? It was the last decade before the world was taken over by zombies of technology that can't think for themselves.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Everyone seems to act like their days of young life are to be proud and loving. I call bullsh*t, you'll clinging to stupid cartoons and times when you didn't have responsibilities and you could waste as much time on stupid sh*t without too much trouble with other idiotic friends who are just as stupid as yourself.

Yeah, god I f*cking love my 90's childhood, it was so f*cking good. No, f*ck off, bullsh*t. I lived, had times of great worth but they die and decay just as everything else, nothing to be proud of. Just let it die as you should let everything die.

The same is going to be with every generation claiming theirs was the best because everyone likes to believe their own bias and simple minded deluded lies of self proclamation.

The f*cks wrong with you?? The reason we all cling to our childhoods is because That was the time when we were innocent, And The people we talked to werent arrogant pricks like yourself

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 09 October 2013 - 01:20 PM.

The f*cks wrong with you?? The reason we all cling to our childhoods is because That was the time when we were innocent, And The people we talked to werent arrogant pricks like yourself

Oh, I hope you have such a good time thinking of your innocent (another word for stupid) days that you'll always look back to because your life is so much worse now, ignorant, the whole lot of you. And you should learn what arrogant means before you use it as a title to belittle others.

You know what I've learned. Everyone is bias and self righteous. Thinking their lives of such great worth as they try to skewer to ideas of self purpose.  Everything you will ever experience is an illusion of self fabricated lies. Nothing you have never meant anything. Not your past, future and a subjective presence of present time. You'll see that when you gear up to a life of little to no worth when you die.

I my fine deluded sir, am the end to all your petty means. I am Nameless, now and forever. Soon your name will be my name as well. 

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Lighten up bro.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Lighten up bro.

thats what im saying. he is nothing more than some miserable clown lol

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Christ, with the amount of edginess in this topic it's a wonder nobody's hurt themselves.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by dreaded_verse, 10 October 2013 - 04:16 AM.

The 90's were very nice...a short time of peace (FOR A f*ckING CHANGE). 80's were crazy as anarchistic, 70's were a shadow and 60's was a f*cking revolution to everything. 50's, starting after WW2, were the 90's, IMO, as the Cold War concluded (World War 3).

Now continuing this cycle...we've had peaceful, we've had crazy (2000 - 2010) - now it's time for revolution!!!

Peaceful? Let me think... Sure, why not.

He must have never heard of this little place called "New Orleans" 

http://en.wikipedia...._of_New_Orleans

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

why do so many people hate the 90s? It was the last decade before the world was taken over by zombies of technology that can't think for themselves.

You must be living under a rock if you think everybody hates the 90's.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

As far as I can remember, I don't see much difference between the late 90s and the present year in terms of music and fashion - well, except for the low pants that the guys wore. I remember that clearly because they still wore that during the early 2000s.

I wonder how it was like to grow up during this decade?:

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I was born in '94 and I only have specific images in my memory from that time, I can't remember what the culture was like at all. Hell, I can hardly remember what the '00's were like.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Lighten up bro.

thats what im saying. he is nothing more than some miserable clown lol

I am nothing more than a realist, a non-ignorant byproduct of nihilistic philosophy. The truth of nothing. 

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Oh, cool. How's that working out for you?

• Moth likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users