» «

Being born in early 96 and the controversy of it

61 replies to this topic
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

I see there are probably some people born in the same time as me on here. I was born in march of 96, so i was technically alive in my momma's womb in 1995....Thats not my point though

People often criticize me for being nostalgic about the 90s....I remember being very young, around 2 or 3, So I will always consider myself late 90s child. My childhood for me started at memories and ended when i was 10.

I grew up with a bunch of sisters born in the mid to late 80s and early 90s, They watched all kinds of shows in the 90s and those shows were still airing in the late 90s and early 00s. I know some people try to lock me out of the 90s club as if "Im not a part of it". I have some pride about that and i shake them off because they cant tell me what my childhood was.

I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this in their lives

• The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

• Tyler likes this

• na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I was born two months after you and have a sh*t memory. I can barely remember what 6th grade was like. :/ 

Best thing to do is keep your age out of discussion. Act like what you want to be perceived as. If someone does find out your age, or if it's happening in real life then just ignore the flack you get and do what you enjoy doing.

• gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I was born in 94 and I barely remember anything from the 90s

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I was born in 98, dude. Tell me about it.
I'm from Mexico, so during that time, most of the new technologies came late. I remember watching Hey Arnold, Invader Zim, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog, among others. I remember playing on my dad's Nokia 3310 and on my cousin's PSOne. Age doesn't really matter, there's a lot of underage members that I respect. LazyBoyEight, Master of San Andreas (can't remember his new account), Pizza Delivery Guy (I think), gtafreak10, and many more.
  • lazy. likes this

• unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

The 90s werent that great anyway dont worry.

• NothingPersonal

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

The 90's were very nice...a short time of peace (FOR A f*ckING CHANGE). 80's were crazy as anarchistic, 70's were a shadow and 60's was a f*cking revolution to everything. 50's, starting after WW2, were the 90's, IMO, as the Cold War concluded (World War 3).

Now continuing this cycle...we've had peaceful, we've had crazy (2000 - 2010) - now it's time for revolution!!!

• Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

The only thing that defines the 90's is the bloody calendar. You can't put much stock in it - it's beyond sentimentalism. It's just an easy (read: wrong) way for people to categorize cultural movements without putting much thought into it.

• GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for making me feel old, ffs.

90's to me are the best still, the music, the movies, devirginization and so on. I was talking to a kid on the Xbox the other night, the dude sounded like he was 20+, comes to find out he was born in like 98-99, so I was pretty blown back and was like damn, I'm not old but I'm getting old.

• Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Born in late 94, and didn't even live in America for most of the 90s. I still enjoyed the spillover of 90s culture into the early 2000s though. Dealwidit 90s keeds.

• universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblingsspiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I was born in April 96 and I don't remember much of the 90s, aside from T shows from the time. But to be fair, though, most of them seiches into the early 2000s

• Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by top gear, 03 October 2013 - 07:52 PM.

I was born in April 96 and I don't remember much of the 90s, aside from T shows from the time. But to be fair, though, most of them seiches into the early 2000s

Damn I thought you were a lot older than I am. Born in July 95 and I don't really remember anything from the 90s either. But all the things that define the 90s were very present atleast until 2004 in here. Hell, I watched Knight Rider, A-Team, Teletubbies, Digimon when I was a kid, only thing I could play on the computer was Solitaire and Pinball for years and I listened to the music from 90s throughout my childhood.

• universetwisters likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I was born in 98, I'm technically a nineties kid, but I don't really consider myself as one. I can't remember anything that happened before 2002. I have no idea about what music and shows that were popular in the nineties, simply because I was a f*cking baby then.

• DAWeeE1

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

So... is there some kind of status in some countries to be a "90's kid"? I was born on 5 December 1995, but the earliest memory I have (which isn't twisted or false in any way) would be from around 1998. Many of the shows some consider to be typical 90's ran in the early 00's too, either with new episodes or reruns. I don't think a noticeable transition into the new millenium in terms of culture came before 2004 - 2005.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:45 PM Edited by zoo3891, 03 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.

So... is there some kind of status in some countries to be a "90's kid"?

Not really a country, but on the internet being a 90s kid means you get high fives and you're allowed to trade e-pogs.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZvYvqQuqhiI (Read the comments, and on videos like it)

Their intentions of living out their childhood is nice, but it ends up looking pretentious and lame, especially when they argue about who's allowed to call themselves a "90s kid."

e: Apparently "That's So Raven" is considered to be part of the 90s by Tumblr.

• trip

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for making me feel old, ffs.

Yeah. I was going to come in and post a standard "I'm old enough to have fathered a lot of the people posting in this thread", and then I realized I might be a few years too far out to have fathered some of the posters in this thread.

To kind of be on topic:
I was born in the later 60s but I identify myself as a 70s kid.

• Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

e: Apparently "That's So Raven" is considered to be part of the 90s by Tumblr.

There is only one That's so Raven gif so I'm guessing it was mislabeled or something. And that terrible show was first aired in 2003.

And unless you remember sh*t from the 90s, you aren't a "90s kid". I was born in '92, so I do remember sh*t from '97 and on. Stuff like watching Pokemon for the first time and then asking my parents to buy me a pack of Pokemon cards, then finding out they bought me a bunch of fakes. Or the thought that the world could end on New Years and seeing the entire No Frills empty of food. Getting a GameBoy Colour and Pokemon Yellow and playing a lot of it. Playing Spyro at a friends house on his small black and white tv.

Mind you I also get part of the early 2000s mixed in cause there was a lot of cross over between the two. (I usually include 2000 and 2001 in my 90s memories, but everything above is from the 90s)

• gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Chronologically a 90's kid is someone born at any point between January 1st 1990 and December 31st 1999

Socially speaking a 90's kid is someone born early-mid 90s who can remember their childhood in the 90s, if you can remember the sh*t you did then i'd say you are a 90s kid

• chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

I was born in 91 and can't remember what i had for my tea yesterday.

• Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

I was born in '85, so I'm a true 90s kid. Don't have any memories of the 80s at all...

I remember the '94 elections in my country (don't remember much before that haha), Tamagotchi (what, I had one, so what), The Lion King, Dinosaurs (Not the Mama!!), Jurassic Park, falling in love with Pixar in '95 with Toy Story, Beavis and Butthead, watching Simpsons for the first time, Power Rangers, The A Team, Babewatch, falling in love with Pamela Anderson and her boob physics, dial up internet, WWF (before it became WWE), Shaun Michaels, Bret Hart, Yokozuma, collecting WWF stuff, Pokemon, playing games on my SEGA console, especially Sonic and WWF lol, playing games on my Gameboy, getting my first pc in '97, seeing Lara Croft naked, falling in love with Lara Croft, dumping her for a real girl (then we moved and I never saw her again :( ), Carmageddon, Half-Life, playing GTA for the first time, and the Y2K crap to name a few...

Great, now I miss the 90s...

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

sh*t, 90s seems so awesome. People will probably say something like  "I miss the 00s (or 10s)" in the future, but it really seems like the nineties was a really good decade.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

April 97, don't remember anything from the nineties. Everything after that, however, I know like the back of my head.

I don't get what was so great about the 90s. Wasn't it the boy band era?

• I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

I don't remember jacksh*t from the 90s, however during the early years of my childhood I experienced a lot of 90s culture, pretty much until around 2006 when I became more revealed to the outside world. 90s TV shows, 90s music, 90s toys, etc. I remember watching Hey Arnold! and Full House all day with my sister, and playing with Tamagatchis. It was great memories.

• Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Wasn't it the boy band era?

And? It was also the grunge era and the good rap era. Plus the boy bands from the 90s were better than the boy bands of today.(aka One Direction)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

Don't worry, the hype around the 90's is mostly an effect of nostalgia.
The truth is, the 90's were nothing special. In fact, it was a sh*tty decade. Just like every other decade. If you grew up in the 2000's, it was more likely you had a better childhood than people who grew up in the 90's. Why? Better technology.
Today's generation is generalised as sh*tty because of the Internet. It's more exposed as a bad generation because if nostalgic 90's kids. If the Internet existed in the 90's it would get critisized because of the grunge period, boy bands, downfall of rap, Etc.
TL;DR every generation gets better than the other and the reason why people think otherwise is because of nostalgia.

• GTA_stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Think about it right, 9 is bigger than 8 right, in fact it's bigger than any other single digit number. I got a B in GCSE maths don't f*cking question me. Therefor the 90's are the best decade that you can ever get in a century. And like, 0 is, well nothing is lower than 0, apart from maybe two 0's. Which is what we just had, which is why it sucked. Also not only was it a 9 decade, it was a friggin' 9 century. 1990's. Two nines, check it. There won't be a better decade until the 9990's. 

The nineties had it's way with me, it f*cked me. I'm the ninetiesises bitch.

• Moth likes this

• Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

My childhood was late 90s and early 2000s so Its all about Rocket power, hey arnold, All that, kenan and kel, You know the artists from the late 90s, That was my early childhood, 

Then there came the 2000s full blown childhood. All the songs on the radio had EXCELLENT instrumentals. Music just sounded nicer and relaxing to the ears. Take "Ja rule and Jennifer lopez - Im real" For example, Listen to that song and tell me it wasnt just, Nice sounding.

Wrestling was with me since my first memories of WCW in the late 90s, you know, Then it went on until around 2005, thats when i stopped really caring like a kid would

Then the end of my childhood around 2005 and 2006, Thats when I was maturing....Now take all of that i just said. I never asked for much. Many people born earlier in the 90s have a notion that I think i was around for the early 90s, I mean damn im not saying i grew up on pete and pete because i didnt. Just the later 90s. I forgot Out of the box, Man the good days when I was a creative little man

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by GTA 360, 04 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

I was born in October 1995 (yay, 18th on Thursday!) And I remember the 90s, I remember helping my dad extend the garage when I was 3 and walking along the roof, I remember my 4th birthday, the dog we used to have and the day it bit my head. The day I ended up having to go to hospital to get sand out of my eyes because I couldn't see and having to use eye drops for about a week. I remember going to my grandads and him making a bowl (he was a really good wood worker and made me a bookshelf and rocking horse which I still have) I remember quite a lot from the 90s and yes, it was good, apart from on my 4th birthday I went to work with my dad (it was a weekend) and we were milking cows and I was sick in the collecting yard and then I fell off the back of a chair later on too.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Damn yall making me feel old. Wheres all my '86ers at?! Man I remember 96. I was in 5th grade at that time. I remember Rocko's Modern Life, I remember Ace of Base. I remember Clinton Vs Bob Dole campaign.....damn, sonny boy. :pp

• Eris

hey bae

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Best part of the 90's: I faintly remember MJ's final title-winning shot.

Worst part of the 90's: Watching my mom die.

dead mom = worst decade. f*ck you 90's, and f*ck all of you who peddle this nostalgia bullsh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users