Photo

Hospital Fee Suggestions

35 replies to this topic
Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

So a load of us have all done our fair share of b*itching about the hospital fees, myself included but I wanted to see if we can come up with some ideas to replace or refine this mechanic. I will throw a few out there to start, some of which I have read and some of which I have thought up myself:

1. Remove the fees entirely

2. Keep the fees for free-roam only

3. Only incur hospital fees after 3 deaths in a row

4. Lower the % of the fee

Lets us know your thoughts and maybe through this thread we together with Rock* can come up with a better way of handling these currently ridiculous fees. 

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

i agree with 2 and 3, also remove fee when you are killed by your friend

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thats it!?! Loads of people complaining about the fees and only  2 suggestions on possible fixes :)

fatsober
  • fatsober

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

I agree with OP on 2 and 3. Not an easy fix though just look at the state the Federal Government has got into over healthcare.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Why do people want fees in free roam? Do you like losing thousands of dollars every 5 minutes?

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Yea I actually agree, the free roam sessions are mad fun but I can't actively partake because u lose too much cash! I'm all for hardcore experiences and love perma death and all that but GTA by its very nature is chaotic, the thrilling fun of car chases and shout outs that inevitably end in death are punctuated by outrageous medical fees!

WhiteAmericanLawman
  • WhiteAmericanLawman

Los Santos Police Department

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

It makes it excruciatingly difficult to accumulate money.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yea it does make it very difficult! TBH I would sooner see the hospital fees disappear altogether and make it that you drop all your money on hand when u die, that's hardcore but at least u have pretty much full control over whether or not u lose money from dying since u can bank money petty quickly from ur phone!

JackKelman
  • JackKelman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I agree with OP on 2 and 3. Not an easy fix though just look at the state the Federal Government has got into over healthcare.

LOL

wardy94
  • wardy94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Do you get charged for dying in deathmatchs and stuff?

• ReconzVenture likes this

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Do you get charged for dying in deathmatchs and stuff?

Yup, whenever you die - DM, mission, race.....wherever

wardy94
  • wardy94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

oh that sucks. Im all for changing the hospital fees i wonder if rockstar are.

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Dearth matches are where this system is really flawed. I think your hospital fees should be covered by the enterence fee. Last night I played crooked cops, paid 200 to get in, died about 8 times and lost (not to mention completely drained amo) and lost the match. Result? I lost like 10,000 dollars/ Bs

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

1. Remove the fees entirely

Its the only one that makes sense. When you die in a mission in SP you dont end up in the hospital, same should apply online.

In SP when you die off mission most of the time it's your own fault, but in MP you have much less control. You can get run over by a troll steps away from entering a mission marker and have to pay thousands through no fault of your own.

What would be great is if the game could figure who is to blame (the aggressor) for a death and let the guilty party pay for health care.

So if two people pull out guns and have it out then whoever dies pays his own hospital bill because he partook. If someone starts shooting someone in the back and the guy just tries to get away and gets killed, the shooter would pay. Never will happen though.

wardy94
  • wardy94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

well ive just done a deathmatch and a one and one deathmatch and lost lol had over 18.000 when i started and still have over 18.000. so im not sure if you lose money or if you do it must be a tiny amount

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

well ive just done a deathmatch and a one and one deathmatch and lost lol had over 18.000 when i started and still have over 18.000. so im not sure if you lose money or if you do it must be a tiny amount

Well it depends on how many times you die. If you only died a couple of times and received say 1500 for the DM then yea you cleared a small profit. Just open your phone, go to money and services and check your bank statement. 

Magnias
  • Magnias

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'd pick option 1. Online is no place for hospital bills as there is chaos everywhere, and death is just around the corner. Just the other night I got out of a paint and spray from selling a car, some dude drives up, gets out of the car, and proceeds to get into a fist fight with me. Just as I'm about to die, a second dude shows up and blammos the both of us with a shotgun... This pretty much showcases the GTAO experience atm, and it gets rediculously expensive to die over and over (Never mind how hilarious some of those deaths are...).

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Googz, 03 October 2013 - 01:21 PM.

I'd pick option 1. Online is no place for hospital bills as there is chaos everywhere, and death is just around the corner. Just the other night I got out of a paint and spray from selling a car, some dude drives up, gets out of the car, and proceeds to get into a fist fight with me. Just as I'm about to die, a second dude shows up and blammos the both of us with a shotgun... This pretty much showcases the GTAO experience atm, and it gets rediculously expensive to die over and over (Never mind how hilarious some of those deaths are...).

Yea the free roam chaos is fun, I enjoy it! I don't mind getting trolled a little, I will just troll back. Get a few mates together against another bunch of guys and you have a thrilling free-roam gang fight going down.....unfortunately the fun is obliterated with unnecessary hospital fees! And if you dont want to get trolled in free-roam or get involved in free-roam shootouts then use passive mode - there is just no need for these fees! 

wardy94
  • wardy94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Well it depends on how many times you die. If you only died a couple of times and received say 1500 for the DM then yea you cleared a small profit. Just open your phone, go to money and services and check your bank statement. 

Well I must admit i died a fair few times I was getting merc'd lol

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

While it is great to have it removed completely. I don't want this as the first solution. At least put some risk and penalty into dying. Most games would put this as repair bills. I would look into other suggestions first.

Having it in Free Roam only would be nice, but the deduction still needs to be toned down.

The problem with % deduction is it penalizes you for having saved up more money. Unless you earn money in missions based on a percent of what you currently have, I don't see a point in losing money based on a percent you have.

Additionally,
  1. An insurance system which you buy, then you won't get the medical costs for certain number of hours. While this could work, it could be tedious having to keep purchasing and refreshing the timer.

originalskeng
  • originalskeng

Fully sick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

my personal feelings are that although full healing should be expensive they should have an option to accept %1 health for no fee. 

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by Googz, 03 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

While it is great to have it removed completely. I don't want this as the first solution. At least put some risk and penalty into dying. Most games would put this as repair bills. I would look into other suggestions first.

Having it in Free Roam only would be nice, but the deduction still needs to be toned down.

The problem with % deduction is it penalizes you for having saved up more money. Unless you earn money in missions based on a percent of what you currently have, I don't see a point in losing money based on a percent you have.

Additionally,
  1. An insurance system which you buy, then you won't get the medical costs for certain number of hours. While this could work, it could be tedious having to keep purchasing and refreshing the timer.

Yea thats actually not a bad idea right, maybe like a health insurance cost per week even. You could get a notification 24 hours before it expires or possibly even set it to automatically renew. I like the idea and there are many ways in which it can be done well. 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm all for it staying in free-roam, but it really should go from missions.

backdrifters
  • backdrifters

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Get rid of the fees completely. As much as I love rockstar I feel that they have made enough money without pushing people into buying cash packs too

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

It's sort of almost at the point where I don't want to do anything where I could die.. Just did a bunch of missions, lost $13k.

Think ill stick to races for a while lol

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's sort of almost at the point where I don't want to do anything where I could die.. Just did a bunch of missions, lost $13k.

Think ill stick to races for a while lol

Yea that's how I felt yesterday.....its quite sad though that we have this big open world with loads of things to do but its turned into a racing game because that's the only place we are not punished 

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by FocusedPants, 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

I wish more people realize about losing money in Deathmatch. I play GTA:O alone and every time I Quick Join a race, the next vote either goes to teamVteam missions or Death matches. I don't know if they don't care losing money or simply just unaware. I would like to think they are unaware as the medical bills are somewhat sneaky.

I'd like to see a new message saying:

"WASTED"

You just lost $---- in hospital fees."

RANDOM:

I just got an idea:

They should make the biggest score in GTA:O a Hospital Heist. At least some redemption, for players. They look like they've made more money than any other industry in Los Santos (even more than Customs).

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I would absolutely LOVE a hospital heist. They do get a lot of money.... More than 50% of what I've earned in total..... And don't even get me started in real life. As a young adult in America with no insurance, my frustrations with health care expences should be obvious.

eNARV
  • eNARV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

DEATHMATCHES AND RACES YOU DONT LOSE MONEY BY DYING HOSPITAL FEES. THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN ANY MISSION, SURVIVAL OR FREEROAM. STOP LYING ABOUT LOSING MONEY IN DEATHMATCHES AND RACES. And plus in deathmatches we die alot...so why on earth would rockstar implement a fee of dying EVERYTIME in deathmatch? Seems pretty stupid...

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'm telling the troof.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users