Photo

Are you impressed by GTA Online?

72 replies to this topic
Ibunshi
  • Ibunshi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

not impressed.. mostly because when coming from the single player mode.. online seems all dead and lifeless ..when i first heard about online, i was under the impression that it would look and feel identical to singleplayer mode, just being multiplayer instead... also have not been able to create any character that i would be satisfied with, they all look a bit sh*tty.. setting age to +30, and it still looks like big man-babies.

still, i'll just wait and see before i pass any final judgement.. lots of fun left in singleplayer.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

not impressed.. mostly because when coming from the single player mode.. online seems all dead and lifeless ..when i first heard about online, i was under the impression that it would look and feel identical to singleplayer mode, just being multiplayer instead... also have not been able to create any character that i would be satisfied with, they all look a bit sh*tty.. setting age to +30, and it still looks like big man-babies.

still, i'll just wait and see before i pass any final judgement.. lots of fun left in singleplayer.

I agree. I think that 16 people on a map that is that large causes problems. If everyones doing there own thing they can get spread out all over the map and it begins to feel empty.

Browntrout79
  • Browntrout79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can't make a judgment, as I still can't get past 1st race.
Game is POS.

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

anyone else get an adrenaline rush racing? at first i was unsure of the "come back" thing letting the slow players catch up, but in the end, it makes the race 10x more exciting. i'd rather battle it out with 4 people instead of winning by a minute over 2nd place. fun improvement for sure.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

anyone else get an adrenaline rush racing? at first i was unsure of the "come back" thing letting the slow players catch up, but in the end, it makes the race 10x more exciting. i'd rather battle it out with 4 people instead of winning by a minute over 2nd place. fun improvement for sure.

Ive been spending most of my time racing so far. Ive won 23 and lost 23. Funnest thing to do right now in my opinion. I only wish it had "Won, Top 3, Lost" instead of just won or lost.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

solo 1/10 with friends probably 5/10. Races and deathmatches are horrible. In races either you get rammed off by other players due to ridiculously bad physics or by traffic and deathmatch is about who abuses standard GTA aiming( read aimbot) the best.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by JamesPnell, 03 October 2013 - 07:02 PM.

solo 1/10 with friends probably 5/10. Races and deathmatches are horrible. In races either you get rammed off by other players due to ridiculously bad physics or by traffic and deathmatch is about who abuses standard GTA aiming( read aimbot) the best.

I was doing an offroad race driving a BF injection, and I was pushed off a hill by a guy driving a dirt bike. Needless to say probably not physically possible.

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Coming from GTA:SA MTA mod, i am a little unimpressed.
Some MTA servers have much better features, more roleplay, more freedom and have up to 1000 players at once.
V is still a really good game though.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

GTA:O has only been up for 3 days so I can't give my 100% opinion on it.

First day- Of course I tried to get online (ya just gotta :lol: ) But anyone with half a brain will know there are going to be bugs and plenty of things for R* to iron out so no real biggie here. GTAIV had issues for weeks, being stuck at loading screens etc etc.

The Parents/Grand Parents.

Not sure if I missed something when a little information about online was being released but I have no clue as to why they added this. I find it completely unnecessary. Very bad feature IMO. For those that have played that terrible game called Saints Row and how you can create your own character, I believe there were a ton of options. They should have just did this for online characters. Pick a face structure, alter it by eyes, hairline, ears, mouth, skin tone, body weight, things that can really make your character unique from the rest. If you want to add the option of custom characters for people for gods sake, do it right. (I do not feel this way myself, my brother has had no issues playing on xbox with other people in full lobbies and almost everyone he has talked to thinks the parent/grandparent things is terrible)

Personal car.

I like this for online, tracker, insurance, you can lock your doors so no one else can steal it is kind of nice. I have made my own personal car however when I got off online and then got back on I have no clue as to where or how I can get my car back. Perhaps I missed one of the dialogue boxs that probably explained that. O well I'll figure it out.

Stealing cars and the police.

Not really liking that I get 1 to 2 stars when a cop spots me in a stolen car. Sure this happens in a real life situation, but it only happens if they run the plates to find out that its stolen. Are you telling me the police in GTA are instantly scanning all the cars in traffic to find out whats stolen or not? Also since when did security guards become officers of the law. I had a security guard shoot at me for being in a stolen car WTF! :blink:

Money.

Insane, its just ridiculous online. Scared to even die in the game. I havent even been able to play a deathmatch on ps3, however Im happy I haven't since from a few different post I read on here you apparently lose money everytime you die in deathmatch. Really R*? :blink:

Why not let us pay a large lump sum for health insurance or something to cover us when we die so that we don't have to pay out 2k everytime we die. Then let the health insurance expire after a while and then repurchase it over again. I think I read on here of people still losing money even if its all deposited into your bank account. Another :blink: for R*

How can anyone go do crazy stunts with friends online without the worry of death and losing thousands of dollars.

How about a Free Roam where you can gain money and rank up, then a Free Roam where you can't rank up or lose money.

I suppose this is to keep people from camping? But the little message with "Time remaining before you are kicked for idling." :blink: Welp, no going to take a sh*t when you are online fellas, might come back to find out you were kicked from the game.

This isn't COD, don't think camping has ever really been that big of an issue when playing gta online.

Can't comment on much else since I haven't been able to experience everything.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

So far I am Impressed with it. - yes it's been a buggy launch, and features are limited now - The potential this game has to go from where it is right now, to where it could be in a short period of time is huge.

first things first, they will stabilize the servers.. once that happens they will be adding the beach bum set and heist's, as they have already stated. the stock market will most likely come online as the server get fixed - all should be the first couple of months.. stand alone safehouses, Mansions, and other properties will be likely start to get added on after that

As they have stated they wanted to add all the cities to online, and they already have a usable Liberty City map in their hands - I am expecting that they already have a team working on adding the content to integrate the two, and we could be seeing the update for 4 and LC stories 6 to 12 months out.

• DatDudeDB likes this

notatrolljustbeinghonest
  • notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I like the part where I get stuck on a blurry screen, having got further then that though.

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

So far I am Impressed with it. - yes it's been a buggy launch, and features are limited now - The potential this game has to go from where it is right now, to where it could be in a short period of time is huge.

first things first, they will stabilize the servers.. once that happens they will be adding the beach bum set and heist's, as they have already stated. the stock market will most likely come online as the server get fixed - all should be the first couple of months.. stand alone safehouses, Mansions, and other properties will be likely start to get added on after that

As they have stated they wanted to add all the cities to online, and they already have a usable Liberty City map in their hands - I am expecting that they already have a team working on adding the content to integrate the two, and we could be seeing the update for 4 and LC stories 6 to 12 months out.

I like your thinking.

That's what excites me the monst in the end about gta online, it's potential...if rockstar plays it smart, this could be giganti. 

Dexter-Morgan
  • Dexter-Morgan

I kill bad people... SHHHHH!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yeah I'm impressed how hard it is to get through this first tutorial race mission...hardest mission to pass in GTA history

Really?  I beat it first try... after online started working anyway....I came in first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users