Photo

Are you impressed by GTA Online?

72 replies to this topic
Jstark
  • Jstark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'll get back to you when all of the issues have been fixed and all of the features have been fully added.

rmk808
  • rmk808

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Yeah I'm impressed how hard it is to get through this first tutorial race mission...hardest mission to pass in GTA history

Do you mean because of techinal issues or do you find the actual race hard?

The first race was a walk in the park imo

technical issues...

AsPalacesBurn
  • AsPalacesBurn

Into the Everblack

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I haven't gotten to play much of it as I only made it to level 14. but I really like it and find it very fun.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm not impressed, but it's fun. I don't play many MP games, so I'm not use to so much waiting. With GTAO it's constant waiting. You can't skip cutscenes, and waiting for matches is normal, but I wish things would be a bit faster/smoother. The Google Earth-looking loading screens can be the worst sometimes. I keep thinking it's stuck, but hopefully that will get better over time. I just want to get into the action as quickly as possible. 

I probably would've been impressed if I had access to the Content Creator tool. That was a pretty big let down, especially because races and deathmatches will be the first content we can create. R* has said the more deeper missions will come even later than that. I really want to get into creating some heist missions or something more interesting like that ASAP. 

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 03 October 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Nope not impressed at all.

Technical issues aside, which is the biggest problem, there doesn't seem to be as many game modes as there was in GTA4 or even RDR and when I can get online I'm finding it to be extremely tedious, boring and just not fun in the slightest.

As someone who is generally a huge R* fan and very active on these forums, I can't help being very disappointed with it. But I'm gonna persevere, give it 2 weeks or so, if there are still no improvements in the overall gaming experience then it looks like my copy of the game will be traded in sooner rather than later.  :cry:

Cue the crybaby .img pics.  :^:

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

I am connecting fine now. I have no idea either. Its like somebody at Rockstar flicked a switch for my xbox, barraging my Xbox with no inconsistencies now. I am quite happy as well.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I hate the phones quick join feature.  I liked it better in GTA 4

I mean, when I join Races I expect to be in races not GTA races.  (GTA races have been ruined in GTA V by Mario kart style items).

Also, when I join Missions via phone I don't want to be in a VS match. 

Id prefer the GTA 4 phones quick join features.

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm having a blast on 360, rarely do I have any problems but when there is its mostly loading problems. I like that money is hard to get 

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by Masher8559, 03 October 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Let you know when i can finally play. got on yesterday for an hour. Today just says launching session with a bunch of us standing here waiting for ages while nothing happens. PS3. 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Impressed? Well, the multiplayer has both good and bad sides. But it is slightly below my expectations, mainly due to only mode being the "MMORPG" kind of GTA. I preferred GTA IV Free Mode because it was simply more fun. But GTA: Online is better if you want to feel sense of achievement. :p

So, impressed? Not really. Is it good? Yes.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I hate the phones quick join feature.  I liked it better in GTA 4

I mean, when I join Races I expect to be in races not GTA races.  (GTA races have been ruined in GTA V by Mario kart style items).

Also, when I join Missions via phone I don't want to be in a VS match. 

Id prefer the GTA 4 phones quick join features.

100% agree. I don't want to play "GTA style" races. If I wanted to do that Id just play Mario Kart with my 7 year old cousin. Lol.

Deeznoots
  • Deeznoots

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yes, I am enjoying GTAO. I mean the intro I have watched so many times I could recite it for you. The "launching session" has sat on my screen for 3.5 hours and counting, that is just today, I let it sit for 7 hours yesterday. I don't just stare at it, I go do sh*t to the house that always avoid doing when good games are out lol! I think my wife is happy GTAO sucks balls.

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Astrovik, 03 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Honestly, not very much at this point.

Besides robbing some liquor stores in free roam all we got are lobbies that are almost empty, some races, team death-match and some team vs team missions.

If i want to level up i have to grind, grind, grind. Oh, and the medical bills thing sucks too.

Maybe things will change when they add Heists. Maybe i even had to high expectations.

For now it's just GTA IV all over again imho.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

No. More the opposite

jman1954goat
  • jman1954goat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

i assume you mean the content itself so not counting the connection issues it really good so far even playing with randoms is good if you have a mic

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Of course not, lol

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

This is a joke, right?

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Check back when we get beyond the masses having difficulties connecting. Right now it's like asking everyone in stuck in traffic if they enjoy the commute.

this, great analogy btw lol. Fits so well xD

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

i assume you mean the content itself so not counting the connection issues it really good so far even playing with randoms is good if you have a mic

Yeah I wasn't talking connection. I know that's struggling at the moment. I meant money,jobs, general gameplay, and races among other things.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

This is a joke, right?
Well, based off comments on this thread. I don't know if its a joke. It seems some like it and some aren't so fond of it.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by DymeDef, 03 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Yes, I am enjoying GTAO. I mean the intro I have watched so many times I could recite it for you. The "launching session" has sat on my screen for 3.5 hours and counting, that is just today, I let it sit for 7 hours yesterday. I don't just stare at it, I go do sh*t to the house that always avoid doing when good games are out lol! I think my wife is happy GTAO sucks balls.

Why would you sit at a confirmed never ending loading screen for several hours? It has been confirmed that loading screen never ends, and trying again and repeatedly is known to work.

Sometimes I just can't understand some people.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah I'm f*cking impressed that it still doesn't work for me since the launch of this sh*t. And nothing really change. I managed to play a few minutes tho but then, nothing. Always stuck. Come on Rockstar !!!

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, the missions are just getting better and there is so much stuff to do with friends. 9/10 so far.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not impressed, cant even play the game and when I speak my mind about it the sh*tty ass community just talks sh*t and boast about being able to play when I cant.

bmarshall15
  • bmarshall15

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

The game is pure sickness, its exactly what ive always wanted, a medium where me and my real life friends can team up and do illegal things we see on tv and movies and never leave the comfort of our couch. A+ rockstar!

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Not impressed, cant even play the game and when I speak my mind about it the sh*tty ass community just talks sh*t and boast about being able to play when I cant.

Well, civil debates haven't been in the Internet like since never. It basically always becomes like a "your mom sux" if it's a traditional Internet forum (like this) OR YouTube comment section.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I am very impressed. Time wasted trying to play something that doesn't work is well spent time to me. I love this sh*t.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

This is a joke, right?
Well, based off comments on this thread. I don't know if its a joke. It seems some like it and some aren't so fond of it.

Oh sorry, let me clarify.

This is a joke, right? How the f*ck is anyone supposed to form a balanced and concise opinion on a game that doesn't work properly?

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by JamesPnell, 03 October 2013 - 04:03 PM.

This is a joke, right?

Oh sorry, let me clarify.

This is a joke, right? How the f*ck is anyone supposed to form a balanced and concise opinion on a game that doesn't work properly?
I understand the connection problems but that's not what I'm referring to. I was asking for early comments about peoples experiences on GTA online that have been lucky enough too play it consistently. (Im lucky enough to be one of those people).
  • bmarshall15 likes this

mrironmoose
  • mrironmoose

I am everywhere

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

me gusta.

that is all :breadfish:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users