Photo

Are you impressed by GTA Online?

72 replies to this topic
JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

likes/dislikes? I for one hate that if you die it costs you around $1200 no matter how you die. Whether someone just kills you whilst minding your own business or someone putting a bounty on your head. I lost about $13k because of peope putting bounties on me or just some idiot only playing to kill people. That being said I do like many of the missions and I love racing.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

And that $13k was lost within about 2 minutes... lol..

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

I wish they could change the amount of money to when you die. It is a lot of money. Maybe 250 is a good amount. A lot of work goes into that money collection. 

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Am I impressed? I haven't even played it yet.

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

5/10 solo

9/10 with a friend.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

chh2tx
  • chh2tx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Check back when we get beyond the masses having difficulties connecting. Right now it's like asking everyone in stuck in traffic if they enjoy the commute.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

No I understand the connection issues. Ive actually been lucky enough that I haven't had many problems at all on the servers. I have a bad feeling that the reason rockstar is making everything expensive is so that people get desperate and are forced to buy GTA money with real money.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

I am impressed by my patience. I created my character 20 times yesterday, only to get ld befor starting Online and havng to do it again.

So no, I am not impressed by GTA Online, because the only thing it does is wrecking my nerves as of now.

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

No I understand the connection issues. Ive actually been lucky enough that I haven't had many problems at all on the servers. I have a bad feeling that the reason rockstar is making everything expensive is so that people get desperate and are forced to buy GTA money with real money.

Or because they want people to actually earn money, and do the activities, so you aren't Mr. Billionaire within 2 days..weird concept I know. 

• gtaman533 and Weedity like this

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Or because they want people to actually earn money, and do the activities, so you aren't Mr. Billionaire within 2 days..weird concept I know. 

Lisha
  • Lisha

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, I'm impressed. I'm really enjoying GTA Online and I hope more people are able to play soon. When you find a group of people that just have got everything down when you're doing missions, it's awesome.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I am impressed by my patience. I created my character 20 times yesterday, only to get ld befor starting Online and havng to do it again.

So no, I am not impressed by GTA Online, because the only thing it does is wrecking my nerves as of now.

Same here.  

Not even bothering any more for the rest of night, maybe not even tomorow. 

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:31 AM Edited by JamesPnell, 03 October 2013 - 07:36 AM.

That's exactly what I'm saying though, people will work really hard for money and then here comes the 14 year old with rich parents who has millions without doing a thing.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

That's exactly what I'm saying though, people will work really hard for money and then here comes the 14 year old with rich parents who has millions without doing a thing.

I agree with you that money buying in a game whose sole endgame is gaining money is the most rdiculous thing ever.

But, you dont have to have rich parents, the money isnt exactly expensive.

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I agree with you that money buying in a game whose sole endgame is gaining money is the most rdiculous thing ever.
But, you dont have to have rich parents, the money isnt exactly expensive.
the rich thing was a exaggeration. I love rockstar, but they are a business. #1 goal in business is making money.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Not impressed at all right now, because of obvious issues. You lose way too much money, it's a  one step forward, two steps back system. R* wants you to lose cash often so that you'll buy their stupid cash cards. It'll be very hard to earn good cash until the heists come out. (Which R* isn't going to release for awhile, guarantee it.)

rmk808
  • rmk808

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Yeah I'm impressed how hard it is to get through this first tutorial race mission...hardest mission to pass in GTA history

STRUCTURES
  • STRUCTURES

Holy Roar

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Will be amazing when it fully works

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Not impressed at all right now, because of obvious issues. You lose way too much money, it's a  one step forward, two steps back system. R* wants you to lose cash often so that you'll buy their stupid cash cards. It'll be very hard to earn good cash until the heists come out. (Which R* isn't going to release for awhile, guarantee it.)

Getting killed is what hurts the most. Especially when you weren't doing anything to prompt the person to kill you.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

YES. It's amazing. It's very unique, and I can't wait for heists to come in to play. :D

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

likes/dislikes? I for one hate that if you die it costs you around $1200 no matter how you die. Whether someone just kills you whilst minding your own business or someone putting a bounty on your head. I lost about $13k because of peope putting bounties on me or just some idiot only playing to kill people. That being said I do like many of the missions and I love racing.

Yeah I didn't notice that you actually lost money when you died at first lol.

I was in a game with a few people just messing around, blowing up cars, getting in shootouts with the cops, shooting the cops and each other.

It wasn't until after I had died multiple times I noticed that I lost a BUNCH of money doing it lol

themaskedninja
  • themaskedninja

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

I feel like ive done a pretty good job of not dying, i mean ive died but no more than 6 or 7 times and usually due to some clown randomly killing me.

On the other hand my beef is paying so much for hospital bills and yet players only drop $100 when you kill them(should be $100-1000 drops and 1000 hospital bill), also rockstar made a whole deal about atms being important to saving money yet they are completely unnecessary since you only drop 100 when you die and the hospital is gettin your money either way not to mention phone banking as if you can deposit cash into your phone.

Lsc not modding high end cars simply because they are "too hot" is pretty stupid imo i know they want you spending your money on them so jus make the tracker more exspensive or make high end cars harder to find and steal

Finally i think itd be cool to have npcs who can roll with you instead of relying on other players who may turn on you, but maybe that happens after you rank up.

Overall i do really enjoy the game i just think rockstar could make the game more competitive and less about being a "good sport", and pking (player killing) should be acceptable if not encouraged lol.

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Yeah I'm impressed how hard it is to get through this first tutorial race mission...hardest mission to pass in GTA history

Do you mean because of techinal issues or do you find the actual race hard?

The first race was a walk in the park imo

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

The "Waiting For Other Players" screen is amazing...

10 out of 10
  • Ethereal_NYC and BazookaFille like this

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

it has serious potential , i dont think it will be realised till its on pc with more players tho , last gen architecture just doesnt cut it for what they are aiming for , it will be glorious on pc tho .

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Overall i do really enjoy the game i just think rockstar could make the game more competitive and less about being a "good sport", and pking (player killing) should be acceptable if not encouraged lol.

You don't get "bad sport" from killing other players as far as I have seen.

You get it from quitting matches early and stuff like that

themaskedninja
  • themaskedninja

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

You don't get "bad sport" from killing other players as far as I have seen.

You get it from quitting matches early and stuff like that

from what i understand destroying other players cars and killing them without reason adds bad sport marks. i maybe wrong though.

Leevikingpin
  • Leevikingpin

Liquid

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Simply YES I am very impressed up to now, even though my 50k will probs be gone when I log back in lol

AngryGamer94
  • AngryGamer94

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Not at all.

It's pretty much exactly what i expected,a troll/kid fest.

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'm impressed, whenever I have been able to get online, it's been great! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users