Hospital Bills

74 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Tomb Raider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Losing 2000 per death isn't a big deal. I'm at like 850k right now, and only lose 2k/death, so that's what it seems to cap out at. 2000 / 850,000 is what? .24 percent? Man, someone start the riot.

Jeez. We're not even at heists yet. When everyone, all of us, has millions, then losing 2k is chump change and will be a nomimal fee.

And no, I haven't spent any real $, unless you count the coffee I brewed at home.

Unlike you, I (and presumably most people) didn't buy money through micro-transactions.

It's bullsh*t to lose money due to "medical bills" every time you die. It almost makes it impossible to get rich through actually playing the game.

Why not add gas while they're at? Oh sh*t, I might have given R* an idea!

Well yesterday I went from 10k down to 3k quite quickly. Today I have been grinding cash, driving more carefully and robbing stores more carefully oh and selling robbed cars.

Just short of 20k now with very little work.

The jobs are just going to start paying more & more as you level up so have patience & enjoy your poverty so that you will enjoy your riches more.

It seemed to stop taking money for my death when I was below 4k.

Try saying that after playing a few rounds of Deathmatch, a game that's all about killing and being killed.

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Isn't it obvious they added this to sell more cash packs? Come on..

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

These hospital bills are chewing through my house fund, had 30k, turn aground, have 16k... Gotta redo a bunch of missions now.

Turn back the other way, might be there.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Try saying that after playing a few rounds of Deathmatch, a game that's all about killing and being killed.

I'm crap at shooting so I haven't even attempted any deathmatches at this point. I intend to save that until I can afford to die more often.

It seems like you are going to have to do the jobs & heists to pay for death matches. I don't see why they can't have some sort of 'Arena' mode where death is free for deathmatches.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

I've been wondering where my money keeps going. It's pretty pathetic that rockstar would lie to us saying we wouldn't need cash cards.. Clearly we do. It's stupid just trying to purchase your first garage due to crappy missions and disgusting hospital bills

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yeah been playing a fair few hours it is tough to get beyond 10K so far. It seems though cash comes from cars (You can sell one car ever 24 hours and Simeon always has a hit list worth it for cash spent repairing car after hiding from the police), activities played with friends (Winner gets cash), robbing stores either shouting down the mic or shooting the guy then doing it manually for quick cash then ducking into the sewers to lose cops and missions which when you get a decent rank means you just need to invest in protection (Most of them turn into cluster-ducks when the item is surrounded by cops/players so hold back I think there is a free sawed off shotgun just invest a couple hundred towards ammo) and finally deposit cash seems to help from the trolls but trucks cannot stalk you through narrow alleys. Avoid TDM/Deathmatch however last man standing the most common on the LS Studios is easier when you have Uzi plus auto-aim. I can see eventually if I can be bothered there is enough cash around to earn just seems one has to wait for some more R* opportunities for larger cash flow.

backdrifters
  • backdrifters

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

It's the worse system ever but think about it rockstar want to make it as hard as possible to earn the money so you buy the cash packs to buy that apartment, garage or whatever because let's face it it'll take a million years to actually earn without paying

ADowbs
  • ADowbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Just submitted this as a "Gameplay Issue" to Rockstar Support, I doubt it will make even the slightest impact, but it's aggravating enough that I've quit playing in populated lobbies altogether until I have enough money to buy at least a nice apartment and new car, and even though I have the money I need now, I can't do that with the apartments and cars disappearing randomly so I guess I'm not playing Free Roam for a while. I was stuck at $40k all day yesterday until I finally quit trying to play with randoms.

"To whom it may concern,

I don't normally submit issues or complaints to a game developer. But this, being one of my favourite franchises of all time, and the scope of what you are trying to achieve with GTA Online leads me to submit this issue because frankly it has completely ruined the element of spontaneity that is so unique to the GTA experience - and that is the hospital bills.

I'm sorry, but who thought it was a good idea to charge money during a deathmatch? Who thought it was a good idea to charge in-game money in free roam, where you're lucky to survive 5 minutes between griefers, children and the bounty on your head? Do you know what the best part about GTA IV online was? I'll tell you, it was doing completely impromptu and interesting things with your friends, without fear that you might lose all your cash in the process of "experimenting" with the game mechanics. 

Now, granted, GTA IV money was worthless, but the point remains that you've managed to simultaneously suck all the fun out of free roam and break the game to the point where it is a serious GRIND to accrue what amounts to a petty sum in the GTA universe (I mean, $40-$50,000), only to lose a large chunk of it the moment you step out of the confines of a closed or solo lobby. That's not fun, nor is it the GTA I love. 

I know you will be working in the coming weeks to aggressively tweak the game play, so please, give some actual thought to where hospital bills might be appropriate or not. When dying on a mission? Sure, that's fair. But in free roam? Please god, no. I would like to actually have fun without worrying that I'll be broke for the hundredth time 10 seconds from now. Charging money for deaths in a DEATHMATCH is borderline cruel. 

Please, Rockstar, give your head a shake. I understand all the teething issues, honestly, I'm okay waiting those out. Missing apartments, cars, characters, inability to get past the tutorial, inability to connect, random disconnects, etc. etc. are all serious problems that need to be addressed ASAP, I agree. However, please realize that the hospital bills system as it currently stands is utterly broken and turns the entire online experience into one long and tedious grind to make any sort of money at all. 

Thank you for your time,"

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by Googz, 03 October 2013 - 01:07 PM.

It's the worse system ever but think about it rockstar want to make it as hard as possible to earn the money so you buy the cash packs to buy that apartment, garage or whatever because let's face it it'll take a million years to actually earn without paying

Yea, its starting to stink more and more like "pay to play" isn't it! If it continues I guarantee you players will just stop playing! Personally I could drop 20-30 right now on in game money but I want to earn in game cash IN GAME - That way when I buy a jet or whatever I feel accomplished and feel that I have earned it. I have no problem with micro-transactions in games however when it becomes evident that you need to use them to properly advance then there is a major issue! (especially after we have all paid 60 bucks for the game already)

JCubes
  • JCubes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

I had a bit of laugh when I looked at the bills and saw I actually had to pay for a job...

AboveAverageBob
  • AboveAverageBob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I agree this sucks and people play like douche bags.  Yesterday I was in a store and the cops had me surrounded.  A random ran in and i refused to shoot at him, hoping we'd team up and have some fun.  No, he killed me and then had the shootout alone.  just wish there was a way to tell if people wanted to be friendly or hostile.

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

The worst part is that the stock market seems to be unactivated, so I can't bank my money that way to prevent losing money from my bank.

Friends only free roam matches seems like the way to go until this is fixed, it's ridiculous getting camped and losing tons of money.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by Googz, 03 October 2013 - 02:28 PM.

The worst part is that the stock market seems to be unactivated, so I can't bank my money that way to prevent losing money from my bank.

Friends only free roam matches seems like the way to go until this is fixed, it's ridiculous getting camped and losing tons of money.

Sucks big time! Have you tried keeping all your money on hand? Havent tested it myself but a lot of people are saying that if you have 4k or less in your account you dont get charged hospital fees. And since you only drop 100 of your cash on hand when you die regardless of how much you are carrying it certainly seems like the best method.

myname2917
  • myname2917

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

This was one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen a game company make. I realize why it was done which is to make people either buy the cash cards or to just grind grind grind away but only morons (aka Rockstar fanboys) will see this blatant hosing Rockstar is doing to them and want to give them their money or want to spend more time to grind away.

For all those with triple digit IQs the death cost idiocy is a game killer and takes out so much of the potential fun factor GTAO can have.

I see some saying they are fine with it being in missions as they seem to imply if you die in a mission it is your own fault. Umm, no. I did the meth/RV stealing mission tonight with my brother and we were being killed from guys behind the RV as I was driving. They were shooting us THROUGH the back of the RV and we were dying after 2 damn shots. No window to see us through either. Oh and one guy on a bike that was by the rear left wheel killed me in one shot one time as I was driving along. It was impossible for him to have seen my body so this was just Rockstar bullsh*t where he apparently shot at my mirror and the bullet bounced off and hit me.

We played for a few hours tonight and did a few missions (We stopped doing missions once I realized what was happening with the cash) and we robbed a bunch of stores. If it wasn't for delivering two cars to Simeon and making 19k off that I'd have had a net loss for the night of about 7k. As it is I only made about 8k total for the night. How is that supposed to be fun and how the hell am I supposed to store up cash to buy the overpriced safe houses and other items when I can easily take a net loss doing missions?

If Rockstar doesn't quickly scrap this then they can go screw themselves with this mode.

Blackskull
  • Blackskull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

The hospital bills are rubbish and the death match bills. Also all these people saying you've got hundreds of thousands or even millions of $ is obviously boosting with there mates which is stupid! If you play the game legitimately it's a real bastard especially when you spawn 50 feet away from your killer then they do it again it's pretty bad. R* have really screwed us with this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users