Photo

Hospital Bills

74 replies to this topic
TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'm sure this has been brought up many times, but I don't understand the point. It's hard enough as it is to make money, and now I lose 1.8K every time I die? Even when I go into passive mode (it costing $100 is another stupid idea), people run me over with cars or troll me while I'm trying to do things. 

Is there a way to play in a private game with just friends where you don't lose money every time you die? 

• OneHitter likes this

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

I'm sure this has been brought up many times, but I don't understand the point. It's hard enough as it is to make money, and now I lose 1.8K every time I die? Even when I go into passive mode (it costing $100 is another stupid idea), people run me over with cars or troll me while I'm trying to do things. 

Is there a way to play in a private game with just friends where you don't lose money every time you die? 

I am not sure about a private game, you probably can. I just get in a car while in passive mode to avoid getting ran over by trolls

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

My bills have only been likt 560$ but that could varie on how much you have like SP, and i think there is a solo option or crew option for sessions

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

These hospital bills are chewing through my house fund, had 30k, turn aground, have 16k... Gotta redo a bunch of missions now.

Aesthetic
  • Aesthetic

Bodybuilder

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

I agree, they just make the player feel paranoid rather than having actual fun. It's a joke and should be removed entirely.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

To get a private server, start in SINGLE PLAYER.
Press Start, go to Online, go to Play GTA Online and then pick a type of server (don't pick solo, as it keeps you from being able to play certain things). You can set it to invite only, friends only, crew only, etc.

But no, there is no way to die without losing money.

Splitmind54
  • Splitmind54

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

I don't mind the penalty if it's because of carelessness in a mission (one that the contacts give you.) I do however, feel it is stupid that in Deathmatches, last man standing, etc... that you lose cash. It makes me not want to play with others until I'm a billionaire. And then there's the free roam killing. That definitely should not penalize you. Maybe penalize the A Hole that started the fight but not the innocent person.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Can't even have fun. Always worried about dying. Want to have a knife fight with your friends like I did? Not if you want to keep all of your BANKED money.

Want to go offroad dirtbiking with your friends through the mountains at top speeds? Not if you want to keep all of your BANKED money.

want to jump off a roof for the lulz while your friend takes a picture?.. I'm sure you get the idea now.

It's also made worse by the fact that playing in games like deathmatch which can last 20 minutes long can often leave you with no profit whatsoever.. you lose more to the medical bills you rack up during your deaths in a deathmatch than you would make as a reward from winning the deathmatch.

• MuddledMuppet and henrytm82 like this

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by Deathpally, 03 October 2013 - 07:31 AM.

To put my 2 cents into this, I do not mind that much that there is medical bills for when you get killed of in free roam. But having to pay medical bills in activities where the point of the activity is to kill people and or get killed yourself is just plain wrong, having to pay each time your wasted in deathmatch is just extortionate.

I've only played I think deathmatch twice (I did not know that you had to pay bills at the time, until recently I was wondering where my money was going) and in that I probably died anywhere from 10-15 times.

They need to patch this right away to at least reduce or cut the medical bills completely in the activity where the goal of the activity is to kill or be killed.

edit: now I stick to missions that most of the time can be soloed, so I don't have to worry that much about medical bills except for the occasional death I get from someone in freeroam.

Also if you get a good mission that is doable by just yourself you could just keep replaying it to gain massive amounts of cash and xp, then wont have to deal with loosing money for medical bills by freeroamers or those other activites.

• Zanje likes this

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

Yeah I was wondering why I was not making progress kind of lame to kill 9 players and only get the standard 2k at then end and find it was only half as much because I lost a whole bunch really trying to keep it over 10K but keep losing money. And I am sure I deposit everytime I make any cash.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

Can't even have fun. Always worried about dying. Want to have a knife fight with your friends like I did? Not if you want to keep all of your BANKED money.

Want to go offroad dirtbiking with your friends through the mountains at top speeds? Not if you want to keep all of your BANKED money.

want to jump off a roof for the lulz while your friend takes a picture?.. I'm sure you get the idea now.

It's also made worse by the fact that playing in games like deathmatch which can last 20 minutes long can often leave you with no profit whatsoever.. you lose more to the medical bills you rack up during your deaths in a deathmatch than you would make as a reward from winning the deathmatch.

This needs to be sent to Rockstar asap.

• henrytm82 likes this

henrytm82
  • henrytm82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

I don't mind the penalty if it's because of carelessness in a mission (one that the contacts give you.) I do however, feel it is stupid that in Deathmatches, last man standing, etc... that you lose cash. It makes me not want to play with others until I'm a billionaire. And then there's the free roam killing. That definitely should not penalize you. Maybe penalize the A Hole that started the fight but not the innocent person.

Completely agree, and the Passive Mode is completely useless as it is, since you can not only still be run over when you're on foot, but you can be shot when you're in your car. I got killed in my car while reading a mission text, then shot again on my way back to my car (on foot) by the same player, all while in so-called "Passive" mode. What's the freakin' point if it doesn't actually DO anything??

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

I guess I should be glad that my online doesn't work at all (PS3) because this would aggravate the hell out of me.

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Sums it up perfectly. I have no idea what R* was thinking. Losing like 5% of my bank every time I die just trying to have fun is extremely annoying. 

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

I'm wondering if they didn't mean to put bills on ALL deaths because yeah, I have not and will not play tdm if thats the case. Money is far too valuable in this game to have fun apparently.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Yea I have to echo the same! I did one of those collect the drugs missions and it was 2 vs 1, I died like 7 times and killed the other 2 blokes about 4 times, even tho the odds were stacked against me I had fun.......but then I saw my bank statement - I lost about 6k and only had 15k! Its ludicrous

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Just take hospital bills off all together. f*cking brainless idea. I don't know what twat thought of it and who said "that's a golden idea" but they both need to be fired.
If I want to have an RPG war with my friends I want to do it with losing half my f*cking bank account. sh*t.
Of all the things that's happening right now this has really pissed me off the most. It's taken pretty much all the fun out of multiplayer, this isn't a f*cking MLG game. It's a piss around with friends game, now I can't do that.
As Trevor would say, Rockstar you're a bunch of c*ntS c*ntS c*ntS c*ntS f*ckING sh*t c*ntS.

Aesthetic
  • Aesthetic

Bodybuilder

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

You're essentially being punished for playing lol. 

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Just take hospital bills off all together. f*cking brainless idea. I don't know what twat thought of it and who said "that's a golden idea" but they both need to be fired.
If I want to have an RPG war with my friends I want to do it with losing half my f*cking bank account. sh*t.
Of all the things that's happening right now this has really pissed me off the most. It's taken pretty much all the fun out of multiplayer, this isn't a f*cking MLG game. It's a piss around with friends game, now I can't do that.
As Trevor would say, Rockstar you're a bunch of c*ntS c*ntS c*ntS c*ntS f*ckING sh*t c*ntS.

haha awesome completely agree!

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

haha awesome completely agree!

Glad to know other people despise this as much as me. :|

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Get the feeling when the game is running I shouldn't play till that's fixed.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:00 AM Edited by Googz, 03 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.

Yea the hospital bills are really a game breaker for me at the moment, every thing I do I have to walk on egg shells because I'm worried about dying several times! The only reliable money is racing!

Kingshigh_TwistedIntention
  • Kingshigh_TwistedIntention

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

It's hard being a gangsta

Mr. Me-Too
  • Mr. Me-Too

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wow I didn't know you lose money in TDM from medical bills. Thanks for sharing.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yeah it's f*cking stupid.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

This GTA struggle man... It's hard to get paper, i need to start making rap songs with drake. He started from the bottom now look where he is...

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I think they are waiting for Obamacare, so they can make it more realistic 

• Karflarfkanogin likes this

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

yeah I have lost more money than I have made.  I'm down to 3k now admittedly I am rubbish at this game :)

The medical bill seems to be a % of your total worth it seems as well, so now I have no money I don't get charged for dying, but I hate to think what the death tax will be for someone with a very large bank balance?

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

It's hard being a gangsta

Haha, we are not gangsters we are all mass murderers - We can kill each other in races (if given the option), we kill each other in death matches, we kill and get killed in missions and we kill each other in free-roam - all of which is a heck load of fun...........that is until you realise you have been heavily penalised for the fun you just had. Its 1 step forward 5 steps backwards every time. Just to note - killing in free roam is actually encouraged by a story mission from Simeon - He asks you to collect a bunch of cars and periodically one car will be highlighted on the map for you to steal and everyone else in the session will see this car too so its a big competitive shootout for this car but dont die now because Rockstar will just punish you......yea try not dying when 7 people want that car and the cops are in the mix as well!!

grovestreetOG93
  • grovestreetOG93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Does suck a little bit.... I checked how much I've spent on hospital bills and it was 100k, which is frustrating cause im trying to play it legit and just earn money. The only time I'll kill a randomer is if he kills me or if I get the impression he's planning to kill me lol.

The whole buying money though is gonna be a pain in the ass though! A rich troll could go around killing everyone, losing all their hard earn dolla. Even if he gets killed alot he's got the money to burn, unlike everyone else trying to save up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users