I like how R* made up the "700 missions" in GTAO

44 replies to this topic
r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

They've already confirmed about three free DLC packs. Some include more missions, more heists etc. why don't you do a bit of researching before you just open your mouth and spew out ignorant "facts". As GI Joe says,

Knowing is half the battle!

1. If the DLC packs make up the 700 missions then unless they are free that is false advertising as they discussed the GTAO months ago as having 700 missions. No mention of DLC helping to accumulate that was brought up however do provide a source if I am wrong.

They're not really DLC in the traditional sense where you pay and get some more game to play, they're more just updates that add new stuff to the game. The heist missions in the DLC will count towards the 700 missions. The DLC packs they've announced will be free.

Rockstar said they had 700 missions ready to go and that around 500 would be in the game at launch. They also said GTA Online would be always evolving and new content would be coming all the time. Just don't think of it the same as COD's DLC more like a staggered launch of the initial round of content.

Do you even know what DLC means? Guess not.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by OGCFB, 03 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

There are missions and some you have to unlock later by getting to a higher level, what I find weird is the way they are called "missions" when they are referenced everywhere other than the map as "jobs" and these jobs involve things such as stealing a meth lab RV or getting a high end vehicle for Simeon.

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

They've already confirmed about three free DLC packs. Some include more missions, more heists etc. why don't you do a bit of researching before you just open your mouth and spew out ignorant "facts". As GI Joe says,

Knowing is half the battle!

1. If the DLC packs make up the 700 missions then unless they are free that is false advertising as they discussed the GTAO months ago as having 700 missions. No mention of DLC helping to accumulate that was brought up however do provide a source if I am wrong.

They're not really DLC in the traditional sense where you pay and get some more game to play, they're more just updates that add new stuff to the game. The heist missions in the DLC will count towards the 700 missions. The DLC packs they've announced will be free.

Rockstar said they had 700 missions ready to go and that around 500 would be in the game at launch. They also said GTA Online would be always evolving and new content would be coming all the time. Just don't think of it the same as COD's DLC more like a staggered launch of the initial round of content.

Do you even know what DLC means? Guess not.

Yeah, I know what downloadable content is. I just think the term DLC has gotten a bit of a stigma from companies that specifically set aside parts of a game to release as DLC instead of releasing a game, then actually creating new content. So although the initial DLC for GTA Online is downloadable content in a literal sense, it won't be an optional download that you have to pay for. Which to some people, like the poster above, seems to have become what DLC means.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well don't tell me you really believed that 700 missions bullsh*t, that is techically true but practically it's the same thing over and over. The same things applie for cars and guns while they do have more of these than any other GTA game they still missed tthings like the chainsaw, the flamethrower, the monstertruck, the jetpack, the hovercraft... so that is called OVER-HYPING THE sh*t OUT OF IT...

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

I like how people are accepting the buggy, intermittent functioning, barely accessible early BULLsh*t that is GTA:O as a finalized, canon product

They aren't "happy", they just aren't bitching over every little thing that isn't working as perfectly as you expected it to. They are smart enough to understand that bugs, glitches and server problems are perfectly normal, especially for a game of this size. Furthermore, Rockstar said there would be issues, and asked people to be patient, which is obviously something you cannot do.

They are working on it, and it is going to be an ongoing process. If you cannot contain your dissatisfaction, then I suggest you return the game and play something else. I don't know what you were expecting.

• theomenofficial and streetx1xracer like this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I like how people are accepting the buggy, intermittent functioning, barely accessible early BULLsh*t that is GTA:O as a finalized, canon product

They aren't "happy", they just aren't bitching over every little thing that isn't working as perfectly as you expected it to. They are smart enough to understand that bugs, glitches and server problems are perfectly normal, especially for a game of this size. Furthermore, Rockstar said there would be issues, and asked people to be patient, which is obviously something you cannot do.
They are working on it, and it is going to be an ongoing process. If you cannot contain your dissatisfaction, then I suggest you return the game and play something else. I don't know what you were expecting.

Thank you!

You're the very few here who actually understand. People here don't understand that it's a work in progress. They expect a complete product. And then when someone actually says something reasonable and logical, they get criticized as a fanboy. But funny thing is, when rockstar fixes these issues and gets more servers up and running, they'll say it's really fun and whatnot.
  • theomenofficial likes this

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

What?! Team Deathmatch and Races are marked as TDM and Races... Missions are marked on the map with a different symbol and they're not TDMs or Races.

RedChuCKz_
  • RedChuCKz_

Snitch

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

The more you more you level up different mission get offered to you by the phone.

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Why is this an issue?
There is like a sh*t load of missions to do regardless if they are death matches or whatever, I know I'm going to have plenty to do for a while

I waited years for this game, I can give 2 dicks about them mislabeling something.
Why must you people be so damn greedy :panic:

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Big heists are not even in the game yet! Let alone a final build of GTA:O. PLEASE BITCH MORE.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

I see where OP is coming from, but considering I dont think anyone has reached level 100 yet, I think its impossible to determine how many missions are finalized as of now

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Game breaking bugs, perfectly normal?

When i pay for something, i want it to work. Its my hard earned money and if i see other people playing since launch full time on twitch, and i cant even join one game, that f*cking pisses me off yes.

I didnt pay to test the servers, i paid to play the damn game.

Stop excusing game companies for these mistakes. There is a reason ea gave free games when they f*cked up the launch of SimCity, because ITS NOT NORMAL, ITS A f*ck UP on their behalf.

Its because people like you go tell people they shouldnt complain about things not working that they paid for, what made the game companies feel fine with these sh*tty launches.

Why did they even launch it for the whole world at once if they knew about the problems before it launched.

BoomBoomMAN
  • BoomBoomMAN

BomBomMan

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Well its still 700>69.

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

"they just aren't bitching over every little thing that isn't working as perfectly as you expected it to."

I think the general consensus definition for perfect and little vary greatly to yours. Rockstar have f*cked this up big time and should feel the pressure because of it, or would you like every game title (as they will only get bigger) to release with worse and worse results "because it's just really, really big!"?

diablo333911
  • diablo333911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Seriously. I don't want to play their TDM or DM or CTF game modes, but every time I go to play a mission I get stuck in one of those disguised as a mission. THEY ARENT MISSION FOR f*ck SAKE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users