Photo

I like how R* made up the "700 missions" in GTAO

44 replies to this topic
The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

When you go to a mission marker, it's disguised is just the same as a team-deathmatch or competitive game-mode.

• android likes this

Mafioso518
  • Mafioso518

Is A SNEE EYE ITCH

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

They haven't all been released, and also LTS shows as a mission not team deathmatch. But do go on.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

I like how people are accepting the buggy, intermittent functioning, barely accessible early BULLsh*t that is GTA:O as a finalized, canon product

• hamburglary and RichardC1993 like this

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

They haven't all been released, and also LTS shows as a mission not team deathmatch. But do go on.

I doubt this is just a one off and I'm sure most of them will be like this when they all appear, but you should of bothered reading the OP, you would of seen I typed "or competitive game-mode". So you're saying LTS is a structured co-op mission and not a competitive player experience? Do go on...

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

I like how people are accepting the buggy, intermittent functioning, barely accessible early BULLsh*t that is GTA:O as a finalized, canon product

So they released GTAO without finalising game-modes or mission structure? I can understand bugs and glitches, but R* aren't that stupid, but your argument is.

CJ_Banshee
  • CJ_Banshee

KCCO

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

lol please explain how it's a "finalized" product. R* has stated numerous times it will constantly update GTA:O.

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

They've already confirmed about three free DLC packs. Some include more missions, more heists etc. why don't you do a bit of researching before you just open your mouth and spew out ignorant "facts". As GI Joe says,

Knowing is half the battle!

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

well judging from the 3-4 days of it not working and how slow they are "fixing" things, I am pritty sure this is the final product witha  "few" bugs

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Rockstar are the scourge of Europe.

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Rockstar said they had 700 missions ready to go. Team death matches and races are marked as such and missions show up as stars on your map. They're not all available from the start, you unlock more as you progress and you have to be a certain rank to do some missions. Unless you're rank 100 and have completed all the missions I don't think you can comment on how many are in the game.

Also, none of the heist missions are in the game yet, as Rockstar stated they're coming in the first few weeks along with the content creator, beach bum pack and the capture the flag game mode.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by brothan323, 03 October 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Rockstar said they had 700 missions ready to go. Team death matches and races are marked as such and missions show up as stars on your map. They're not all available from the start, you unlock more as you progress and you have to be a certain rank to do some missions. Unless you're rank 100 and have completed all the missions I don't think you can comment on how many are in the game.

Also, none of the heist missions are in the game yet, as Rockstar stated they're coming in the first few weeks along with the content creator, beach bum pack and the capture the flag game mode.

ok deathmatches, and races against online players are not missions, including any typical multiplayer mode,

fyi

• TimFL likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I like how people feel the need to complain about something they're able to play online free of charge.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

well judging from the 3-4 days of it not working and how slow they are "fixing" things, I am pritty sure this is the final product witha  "few" bugs

Everything worked fine for me last night. Played online for about 4 hours. So that makes it only 1 day where it wasnt working, not 3-4.

GTAO is NOT a finished product & likely wont be for years to come. It will constantly change. If you dont like the "final product" then play something else.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by AllenKS, 03 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

ok deathmatches, and races against online players are not missions, including any typical multiplayer mode,

fyi

You're right..?

That's exactly what he said, "Missions" are something different from team deathmatches and races..

An example of a "mission" is the repo for Simeon where you hack the gate of a mansion, steal the cars, escape the cops and the security guards and deliver the cars back to him.

EDIT: Oh, you guys talking about the "Mission" markers on the map that are sometimes just races or last team standing, etc? Yeah that is some downright trickery. There are actual missions but they have to be phoned to you.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:17 AM Edited by brothan323, 03 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

fyi

You're right..?

That's exactly what he said, "Missions" are something different from team deathmatches and races..

An example of a "mission" is the repo for Simeon where you hack the gate of a mansion, steal the cars, escape the cops and the security guards and deliver the cars back to him.

yes, or like you each have a helicopter and have in infiltrate the army base to capture an alien and when you free him and deliver him to mt chilliad, he gives you all a jetpack lol

not make it to high park hill, DEATHMATCH START

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I like how people feel the need to complain about something they're able to play online free of charge.

Stop saying it's free, it came as part of GTA V which if you remember, people bought.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:22 AM Edited by brothan323, 03 October 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Stop saying it's free, it came as part of GTA V which if you remember, people bought.

YES and it isn't a seperate game all together, if it was  you would not have to buy gta v, it would not use ALL of gta 5 assests. It would be a completely NEW game lol

they should of just done a rdr multiplayer on gta, but a little more ativities spread out and you can still rob stores

• Khaos89 likes this

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, that was very disappointing. When R* said missions I was expecting something similar to Bomb Da Base or the other co op scenarios from IV. Unfortunately they are just generic deathmatches, races etc

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I like how we cannot have a constructive debate or complaint about the game without the R* defense force always coming out to blindly defend R*. 

R* could literally sexually molest their little sister and yet that same person would defend R* and justify why R* is in the right for doing what they did to their little sibbling.

Some people are fans, and then you have just blind consumers/fans who do not know any better.

• TimFL likes this

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

They've already confirmed about three free DLC packs. Some include more missions, more heists etc. why don't you do a bit of researching before you just open your mouth and spew out ignorant "facts". As GI Joe says,

My point is that R* are presenting some the competitive-game modes as "missions" when they're obviously not I know the heists are coming, but even you don't know what the "missions" will entail, but by going what we've seen so far it will be more competitive modes. Pretty funny considering you told me to stop spewing "facts" when you don't know sh*t.

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

I like how we cannot have a constructive debate or complaint about the game without the R* defense force always coming out to blindly defend R*. 

R* could literally sexually molest their little sister and yet that same person would defend R* and justify why R* is in the right for doing what they did to their little sibbling.

Some people are fans, and then you have just blind consumers/fans who do not know any better.

People just get angry because, not because the game doesn't deserve criticism, but that even they know it isn't a perfect game and they want to justify their purchase to themselves.

I love GTAO, but labelling competitive game-modes as "missions" is obviously wrong.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

So far i had coop and competetive game modes,what the f*ck else do you expect? FFS.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

1. If the DLC packs make up the 700 missions then unless they are free that is false advertising as they discussed the GTAO months ago as having 700 missions. No mention of DLC helping to accumulate that was brought up however do provide a source if I am wrong.

lol please explain how it's a "finalized" product. R* has stated numerous times it will constantly update GTA:O.

Going by your logic no game is a finalized product as every game gets updated (patches etc).

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, that was very disappointing. When R* said missions I was expecting something similar to Bomb Da Base or the other co op scenarios from IV. Unfortunately they are just generic deathmatches, races etc

Deathmatches and races are NOT missions. Missions are clearly marked as stars on your map, go check them out.

Seriously? I tried to play GTA Online yesterday and couldn't connect at all, I put the controller down and went out. Today I could connect and play fine. I'm not blindly defending Rockstar, it's just if I can't connect I'm not thinking about filing lawsuits and bitching about how much Rockstar sucks.

People just get angry because, not because the game doesn't deserve criticism, but that even they know it isn't a perfect game and they want to justify their purchase to themselves.

I love GTAO, but labelling competitive game-modes as "missions" is obviously wrong.

The only person that labeled competitive game modes as missions was you, even in the game races are called races, deathmatches are called deathmatches and missions are called missions

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

So far i had coop and competetive game modes,what the f*ck else do you expect? FFS.

You seem to have confused yourself. I know there is both co-op missions and competitive game modes, but why call the competitive modes "missions" when they're not.

Missions are things like Bomb Da Base and Hangman's NOOSE from GTA IV, not Last Team Standing.

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Deathmatches and races are NOT missions. Missions are clearly marked as stars on your map, go check them out.

Seriously? I tried to play GTA Online yesterday and couldn't connect at all, I put the controller down and went out. Today I could connect and play fine. I'm not blindly defending Rockstar, it's just if I can't connect I'm not thinking about filing lawsuits and bitching about how much Rockstar sucks.

The only person that labeled competitive game modes as missions was you, even in the game races are called races, deathmatches are called deathmatches and missions are called missions

Well according to many people, going into a "mission" marker would start a race or deathmatch, not an actual mission similar to what we get in Single player with cutscenes and what not.

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well duh... that was the whole point of the thread. My gripe was that Last Team Standing (a game mode similar to Survival or Search & Destroy, even) is classed as a mission, when it's obviously a competitive game mode.

Okiri
  • Okiri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

You get the missions on your cellphone.

RhysWales123
  • RhysWales123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm not sure if there are 700 in total, but there are plenty of missions that are unlocked as you level up. They don't show up on the map though, you get a phone call or a text where you can start it. By the way, Ive probably done around 15 of these in total and none of them have seemed repetitive. 

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

1. If the DLC packs make up the 700 missions then unless they are free that is false advertising as they discussed the GTAO months ago as having 700 missions. No mention of DLC helping to accumulate that was brought up however do provide a source if I am wrong.

They're not really DLC in the traditional sense where you pay and get some more game to play, they're more just updates that add new stuff to the game. The heist missions in the DLC will count towards the 700 missions. The DLC packs they've announced will be free.

Rockstar said they had 700 missions ready to go and that around 500 would be in the game at launch. They also said GTA Online would be always evolving and new content would be coming all the time. Just don't think of it the same as COD's DLC more like a staggered launch of the initial round of content.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users