Photo

Fastest Car doesn't seem the fastest...

12 replies to this topic
Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

So with Franklin I have all the expensive cars in GTA V single player.  I fully upgraded each of them and took them down the freeway as fast as they could go. 

supposedly the fast car in GTA V is the Bugatti, yet with nothing telling me how fast I am going its fairly hard to actually tell if that's true or not. The only thing I have to tell me how fast I have gone is Social Club where I can see the fastest I've ever gone and in what car. Oddly enough when I look on there, the fastest speed I've gone wasn't in the Bugatti. It was in Franklin very own buffalo and got to a speed of 286 mph. Now this surprises me as I have driven a fully upgraded Bugatti down the freeway without hitting anything for 5 minutes and going as strait as I possible can and I still haven't been able to set a higher speed. Does anyone else find this strange? 

I have given Social Club a few days to update and have save at my safe house after doing this. 

Has anyone gotten a higher speed that 286mph? If you have, what car were you in and were do you think you were when you did it.   

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Franklins special ability messes with a cars actual top speed .. notably when you make turns. No way that charger is doing 286. (I hit 277 myself in a Comet and even I know that is BS)

Use Trev or Mike to get a real top speed. 

Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by Saint_Dyn, 03 October 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Franklins special ability messes with a cars actual top speed .. notably when you make turns. No way that charger is doing 286. (I hit 277 myself in a Comet and even I know that is BS)

I never really use Franklin's SP unless I'm about to crash. No clue how I got the Buffalo to 286...

86ew_zps3bc3a31d.png

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I never really use Franklin's SP unless I'm about to crash. No clue how I got the Buffalo to 286...

86ew_zps3bc3a31d.png

Well in this case you did. 

So to repeat myself, go use Mike or Trev to get an actual top speed.

Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

86ew_zps3bc3a31d.png

Well in this case you did. 

So to repeat myself, go use Mike or Trev to get an actual top speed.

I will. Am doing it currently. 

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Haha, wow. Even a Veyron couldn't go 286 mph, much less a Charger. That's just ridiculous.

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Maybe you did it in the air or going downholl?

Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Haha, wow. Even a Veyron couldn't go 286 mph, much less a Charger. That's just ridiculous.

Gonna start doing tests around Los Santos to see how I accomplished this

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

It doesn't matter how fast you're travelling in a completely upgraded Adder, a police cruiser will still materialise behind you and proceed to bump the rear of your car for a minute or two - stupid cop AI.

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

I think it does have something to do with Franklin.

Fastest speeds:

Michael - 139 mph in a Vacca

Trevor - 126 mph in an Infernus

Franklin - 238 mph in a 9F

Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

I think it does have something to do with Franklin.

Fastest speeds:

Michael - 139 mph in a Vacca

Trevor - 126 mph in an Infernus

Franklin - 238 mph in a 9F

It might be Franklin's SP. Sometimes when I use his SP and come out of it, it will launch my car at insane speeds. 

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Think I'm gunna try doing timed Laps of the airfield in high end cars and see the results.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Franklin's driving stat may have to do with it. An in0game tip said that the higher your driving skill the better that character will be able to handle the car and maintain high speeds.

Dunno.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users