» «
Photo

GTA:O getting passed tutorial

15 replies to this topic
Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by Codra9, 03 October 2013 - 03:12 AM.

im on ps3. got 2 psn friends that got through.

anyone else been as lucky? cause i still havnt gotten in. i've reloaded like 8 times now. 

everytime it either gets in and there's no start point for the race. or get stuck at a screen "waiting for other players"

1 time now ive even gotten into a game where im able to talk to a group of players. but still get stuck at the waiting for players thing. the only advice they gave was try starting solo session over n over till it finally works. on the 9th try

post what your experience was like getting into online mode. what hoops have you had to jump through?

any input is much appreciated, 

Mitch3315
  • Mitch3315

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

I sat "waiting for other players" for an hour with nothing. I then decided to load up a solo session of online, surely I wouldn't have to wait for other players then. and the race would just start, right? I then sat with the race loading for another hour before losing patience and going back to my anime, at least that isn't broken.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by Codra9, 03 October 2013 - 03:21 AM.

I sat "waiting for other players" for an hour with nothing. I then decided to load up a solo session of online, surely I wouldn't have to wait for other players then. and the race would just start, right? I then sat with the race loading for another hour before losing patience and going back to my anime, at least that isn't broken.

Bummer so you still havn't gotten in either huh.

thanks for the reply

i got in a couple times but race circle wasnt there. and was able to free roaM.  i even leveled up by killing pedestrians and losing the cops over n over.

most other times the circle was there, he auto walks into it and gets in the car but was just stuck at a loading screen that lasted for 5-10mins before i exit the game again. and retry

anyone else get the race to go through in solo session? if so how long did you wait for it to load?

ZachAsa
  • ZachAsa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I've actually managed to do the race and a few missions, also killed loads of people online then GTA froze and I'm guessing GTAO doesn't save as I have to start the thing all over again! This game is so frustrating, such a let down!

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by Codra9, 03 October 2013 - 03:28 AM.

I've actually managed to do the race and a few missions, also killed loads of people online then GTA froze and I'm guessing GTAO doesn't save as I have to start the thing all over again! This game is so frustrating, such a let down!

yea i hear you there. please try n refrain from flaming the game. just hard facts here

how long was your wait while loading the race?  and did you just launch the game from the initial start menu or did you load story mode. then enter through start menu.

if from the start menu did you just choose go, or did you go solo session?

and if you make it through again. maybe you can try n do some sh*t like sleep in a bed to save game. 

also my buddy says once you get through tutorial your able to get invited directly into sessions, hope that helps yA.

BullittProof46
  • BullittProof46

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

when you originally got in were you using a brand new character or was it one that you made multiple attempts with?

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

when you originally got in were you using a brand new character or was it one that you made multiple attempts with?

good question. i still have never successfully loaded the tutorial. 

BullittProof46
  • BullittProof46

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by BullittProof46, 03 October 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Been trying both.... I'm sitting around sick with nothing better to do. I would really like to see if it would force the race if it was setup as a friend only race.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by Codra9, 03 October 2013 - 03:53 AM.

yea ive tried that. if you got a friend to sync with that'd be dope. but im not sure how you'd do it. my 2 friends on PSN they're on and say that if i can just get passed tutorial ill be able to receive an invite to their match

ive just been trying solo session. w/o any luck though. sucks how long it takes the initial game boot to load up just to try again

Kenoz
  • Kenoz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Now I'm stuck in "launching session". A few hours of trying to join, finally past the stuck 'loading' screens and 'waiting for players'.

Just to get stuck @ http://vvcap.net/db/...02Efywat3vt.png

Kenoz
  • Kenoz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Just won the race! YEEEEEES now I'm doing this drug thing!

Awesome

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

Now I'm stuck in "launching session". A few hours of trying to join, finally past the stuck 'loading' screens and 'waiting for players'.

I am stuck at this screen, have tried many times all day as well, its driving me absolutely nuts! Hopefully there will be hope tomorrow.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

I got into the game, bought some clothes, talked to some guy Lamar introduced me to, then the game told me to start some sort of Deathmatch.  As soon as it started, it ended and team 1 won, then I got stuck between 2 games and had to restart the game.  When it loaded back up, my character was gone.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by Codra9, 03 October 2013 - 11:14 PM.

Least you guys are getting in passed the tutorial.I'm trying to reinstall the 1.01 patch before giving it another go

*edit* by the way thanks for all your input dudes. im hoping this thread will help others get online

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Anyone who made it passed this loading screen, how long was your wait? was it a couple seconds, minutes, more than 5 mins so on.

BullittProof46
  • BullittProof46

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

It took about 2 mins for mine to load.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users