Photo

Progress...

35 replies to this topic
DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Yesterday I could hardly get to the race mission start without the server crashing. Today I'm able to actually get my car, but stays on the "waiting for other players". I guess it's getting a little better. How's your luck going?

PS3
US-Louisiana

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Anybody care to share? Lol.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:46 AM Edited by dream3r, 03 October 2013 - 01:53 AM.

Managed to get through the race and the next mission and then it reset and I did them again for some odd reason.  After a few glitches of being thrown around the map and murdered I finally was able to free roam.  But I screwed up and tried to do a mission only to be kicked out....6 hours later and still haven't got back on...maybe tomorrow it will work.

Edit: Temecula, Southern California

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

it's not getting any better. it honestly feels like rockstar is taking the piss out of all of us. not a single issue has been fixed. I was able to play this morning...i can't do anything now. I don't understand why it's so hard to fix this. This was obviously not tested before they came out with it. I almost want to take them to court to get my money back just for the principal of the matter...I didn't agree to buy a defective product. 

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by wahgah, 03 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

same story except yesterday the gam glitched once and the mission marker didnt show up and i got to freeroam with my custom character; it was nice until I helped my daughter with something and came back to being kick for being idle.... grrrr. Today i have been able to get to me staring at the car and then a frozen cityscape view...

EDIT:: Surrey, B.C.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Please state which region you guys are playing in. And the games not defective lol.

LadyHealarious
  • LadyHealarious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Ps3 player here. It seems to be random for me. I've never done the race however I've gotten online. So it's like I completely skipped the tutorial. So I'll be playing for about 1/2 hour then ill lose connection and lose my character and all her stats. Then it takes me awhile to get online again. That's my status :)

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Anybody care to share? Lol.

tumblr_mfrtd1zppz1s1uxdio1_500.gif

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

it's not getting any better. it honestly feels like rockstar is taking the piss out of all of us. not a single issue has been fixed. I was able to play this morning...i can't do anything now. I don't understand why it's so hard to fix this. This was obviously not tested before they came out with it. I almost want to take them to court to get my money back just for the principal of the matter...I didn't agree to buy a defective product. 

It's not defective and it is progressing.  It was tested by a friends and family of Rockstar but obviously not on a large scale to avoid leaks of a beta version and give the final version a bad name.  All of these problems are to be expected with a game going public online at the get go.  It's progressing, like I said I got about an hour of gameplay (though super glitchy) the product isn't defective.  Honestly the campaign alone is worth $60 but it would be nice to have the online that was promised.  It will come, they just need time.  Also to say you'd take them to court over $60 is ignorant.  At that point you'd lose much more money in legal fees and you couldn't sue for anymore than what the game is worth.  The lack of online hasn't caused you harm.  So just sit back and wait while they work on it because they are.  They have to fix 20 million people's issues so it may be awhile.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, no big rants guys. I know it's been hit or miss with people. I've just been unlucky so far. It'll be sorted out soon though. Would like to play ASAP also however.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

It's not defective and it is progressing.  It was tested by a friends and family of Rockstar but obviously not on a large scale to avoid leaks of a beta version and give the final version a bad name.  All of these problems are to be expected with a game going public online at the get go.  It's progressing, like I said I got about an hour of gameplay (though super glitchy) the product isn't defective.  Honestly the campaign alone is worth $60 but it would be nice to have the online that was promised.  It will come, they just need time.  Also to say you'd take them to court over $60 is ignorant.  At that point you'd lose much more money in legal fees and you couldn't sue for anymore than what the game is worth.  The lack of online hasn't caused you harm.  So just sit back and wait while they work on it because they are.  They have to fix 20 million people's issues so it may be awhile.

what is it with you guys and getting on your knees for rockstar. a company with that much money and time to put into a game....has no excuse for this kind of b.s. If united airways came out with a new jet and it crashed the first flight...would that be ok? because it's expected for a new jet because its progressing? morons

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

ive finally passed the first race again...lets see where it messes up now

RaBBiTSWYD
  • RaBBiTSWYD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

what is it with you guys and getting on your knees for rockstar. a company with that much money and time to put into a game....has no excuse for this kind of b.s. If united airways came out with a new jet and it crashed the first flight...would that be ok? because it's expected for a new jet because its progressing? morons

lol a video game and a jet isnt the same thing

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

Again please no rants/flames. We all want to play online and Rockstar doesn't owe anyone anything. We don't have a clue of the magnitude of creating servers to support what these will be supporting. Many of us pretend we do, but we don't. And if you did then you wouldn't be freaking out about not being able to play.

ArtG818
  • ArtG818

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

The only issue right now is the saving other than that everything works as it should.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

The only issue right now is the saving other than that everything works as it should.

Region?

HPM2009
  • HPM2009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

its working fine for me now ps3 FL

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Farthest I've got is the skyline screen. I let it sit there for a few minutes and it freezes my PS3.

Riverside, Southern California.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

its working fine for me now ps3 FL

Good to hear more are connecting. I've been able to hear other players once while I waited. That's the best I've gotten.

Abrracadabra
  • Abrracadabra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'm PS3 (Central) and currently I passed the 1st race and beat Lamar in the race (Easy as 1-2-3) got awarded my stuff and now it just sits at another blur screen. Been like that for about 20 minutes or so now. =/

Probably just going to go to bed and try again in the morning.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

I'm PS3 (Central) and currently I passed the 1st race and beat Lamar in the race (Easy as 1-2-3) got awarded my stuff and now it just sits at another blur screen. Been like that for about 20 minutes or so now. =/

Probably just going to go to bed and try again in the morning.

Yeah seems to be getting sorted out although most people don't agree.

Brooksburgh
  • Brooksburgh

Satire

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Yesterday I could hardly get to the race mission start without the server crashing. Today I'm able to actually get my car, but stays on the "waiting for other players". I guess it's getting a little better. How's your luck going?

PS3
US-Louisiana

Same boat.

Ps3 East coast

oh snap...no bs as I type this I think oh sh*t I actually made it to picking the car.

brb

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

PS3
US-Louisiana

Same boat.

Ps3 East coast

oh snap...no bs as I type this I think oh sh*t I actually made it to picking the car.

brb

Turning my console back on lol. Which mode have people found luck in? Solo or what?

Nairbnotsew
  • Nairbnotsew

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by Nairbnotsew, 03 October 2013 - 02:55 AM.

Jumped on this morning after minimal trouble and manages to play to lvl 7. Logged in and out of multiple servers while trying to join up with a friend. Found the free roam very laggy with cars bouncing around. At one point my friends car became invisible and ran him over. My car disapeared and didnt come back. Still had some fun rolling on a scooter with 2 people wielding Uzis off a stunt jump. Missions are hit and miss. Deathmatch and races work fine but every time we started a co-op mission it would immediately say mission failed and end the game. We did find a mission that had us fighting each other with jets which was incredibly fast, difficult and fun. Just wish more people could get in on this so the games would actually fill up! Now I am timed out every time I try and log on and believe that my lvl 7 character is gone now since my character list is empty now. Ill try again later.

Alberta, Canada PS3

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

Still on that dang waiting screen.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

havent tried since yesterday and i got to pick my car now im looking at a blurry douche.

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Before the race starts, I get stuck on loading screen like you.

London UK

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

Now it's acting like it's going to begin but restarts the cut scene. Then back on waiting.. Lol.

thirdeye09
  • thirdeye09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

I keep getting hung up on the first race in all modes (Online, Invite Only, Closed Friend Game, Solo). I swear when this is over, i'm never listening to Soulwax FM again.

• DaltyFbaby likes this

Eventus
  • Eventus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I agree that r* is a bunch of idiots for not preparing like they should have, but if a plane crashes ppl die.. if a game crashed u just get pissed or do something else.. your comparison is a bit extreme..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users