Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar wasn't "anticipating" the high demand, CONFIRMED.

156 replies to this topic
TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Holy sh*t, and entire thread full of comments from people that don't know their ass from their elbow....unless the conversation is about Mac n Cheese or pokemon. You 40 year old nerd virgins in training just need to stop. It's blatantly obvious that about 99% of you don't know sh*t about networking, servers, game dev, or anything even remotely related. So just stop, you sound stupid. 

And maybe if you weren't busy trying to rub you estrogen all over each other you might realize that the online is basically working at the moment. Then again I've been playing since it launched with minimal issues. Clueless nerds are clueless

And of course you're the genius 1%, that's what most people think about themselves anyway. So please explain to me how it works in great hardware detail those networking servers. 

You speak off us not knowing sh*t but you haven't even proven to us that you can use a single technical term. So go ahead blow my mind or is it just you trying to look above everything?

Trying ain't enough bitch.

I do forensic data retrieval for 4 banks and 2 local police departments, hopefully the State Police soon as well. I am not a developer, but I CERTAINLY have a SMALL clue lol. And as far as the game goes? I didn't do anything out of the norm, updated and started playing. Have had a few hiccups, booted a couple times and of course the cloud server diarrhea....but all in all I've been down for about 4 hours total. Maybe it was more, but I wasn't trying to play at the time. By the way, you sound perturbed lol??? ;)

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

http://www.theguardi...s-server-issues

"...due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers"

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Key points that stood out; "anticipating, buy and add more"

Someone please explain how they weren't expecting the high demand...they obviously knew how busy it was going to be after making $1 billion in sales and from their site views.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

You know what? F*ck them, I'm done supporting Cockstar. Pre-order cancelled for AGENT.

This nigga really pre-ordered AGENT?

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I still can't play online :(

its so poor and ridiculous that you apparently can't play any game online on first day in the year 2013. EVERYBODY f ucks it up (diablo III,swtor and now r*)...

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

@GeckoWackjob.....I just fired up the box, logged in, joined "GO" online and was successful first try. If you don't believe me feel free to look me up. 

TAG: Tactical 32 (Xbox)

I am online as we speak, and will be until football starts tonight GO BROWNS!

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

its so poor and ridiculous that you apparently can't play any game online on first day in the year 2013. EVERYBODY f ucks it up (diablo III,swtor and now r*)...

• sSiL3NZz likes this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

That is what you kids  simply aren't understanding. This isn't "everybody f*cking it up". This is NORMAL. Nothing launched on this scale, goes flawlessly in week 1. NOTHING. There is always troubleshooting and optimization before things become stable. 

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

You cant even f*cking pre order Agent yet you dumbsh*t

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

LOL op. i stopped supporting R* since GTAIV! There were never a single game that i bought from them ever since! R* dropped their ball LOOONG time ago and lost all of my support as well, so now i don't even know what amount of work they should do to fix that! LOL They f*ked up all of my trust and with release of GTAV it even strengthen now! And to be honest i don't expect them to impress me anymore, unless the come up with REEEALLY something special and put really tons of content in game, which i don't trust them with anymore as well so...yup! Thats it! Waiting for more talanted and inspired developer to do what R* cannot anymore, seems like R* are just done...their ideas generator and inspiration went huge downhill and they're obviously bored with GTA series...Move on to Ubisoft! Here's hoping they won't f*ck up Watch Dogs, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, trying to feed their fan-base with false promises and hopes for features, that are going to be cut...

Dude been a fan of Ubisoft since a Assassin's Creed I came out. Ubisoft is worse. They don't give a sh*t about their fans.

See if you play every sequel they bring out, following the story along, then suddenly they end the sequels with such a sh*tty climax, not caring about their oldtime fans? They f*cked the whole f*cking Assassin's Creed franchise. There was one decent guy who wanted to further improve the franchise. Guess what? They unfarily sacked him from the job!

Their games have no replay value and are full of bugs and glitches. Make story related DLC's to make money. That's just absurd. Far Cry 3 was nothing special. Watch Dogs may be good but if they make sequels, they will be defenitly sh*tting on their original Watch Dogs fans just like they did with the AC fanbase... 

I'm not gonna argue with that since i'm not really Ubisoft fan and never was tbh! But from the look of things and judging by how Watch Dogs looks it seems much more pleasant game for me, than GTAV and its not only because of innovative elements (such as being able to hack things in an open world environment!...) and cool graphics! its everything really, from basics like - wanted system Cops AI, driving handling, damage physics, animations (which are more fluid and accurate) to stuff like how people interact with player, streets population and density! You know all of those elements, that makes "fun" game! GTAV failed at ALL of the mentioned above areas! And no patch will ever be able to fix that! It doesn't even matter that much if Watch Dogs will have the amount of stuff to do after the story, since what it already showed is jumped over GTAV's head by a long distance! You can't call something great, which is buggy, glitchy, has terrible animations and controls, terrible damage physics and stupid police AI LOL! I mean like those are MAIN things to enjoy about the game! And it doesn't matter how much of the stuff R* would put in GTAV in top of that (like side missions, activities, mini-games or collectibles!...), what matters the most is - core elements and that is exactly where R* f*cked up and where Ubisoft won this time!...

sSiL3NZz
  • sSiL3NZz

Hellooo

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

wow, yeah. Rockstar aren't used to making this sort of multiplayer content, so i don't think we should be too hard on them. although it's silly that they didn't think of adding more servers! just fix your sh*t Rockstar, fast!

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

"wahhh i want my gta online NOW wahhh i want my coll of jooty NOW wahhh i want my chocolate milk NOW wahhh".....

This thread is just another shining example of why I absolutely f*cking HATE this new generation of ungrateful, spoiled little brats.

hmmmmmm, I don't think you know the definition of ungrateful.... And you are just another rockstar cock rider lol

I wouldn't expect some spoon-fed little sh*t to understand the meaning of being grateful for anything in life...

You sir are a true rube

Stop trying to talk sense into a blinded fanboy! LOL its like trying to communicate with an alien from another planet...

of course from another planet

there is no aliens on this planet

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by Vorpax, 03 October 2013 - 08:25 PM.

"wahhh i want my gta online NOW wahhh i want my coll of jooty NOW wahhh i want my chocolate milk NOW wahhh".....

This thread is just another shining example of why I absolutely f*cking HATE this new generation of ungrateful, spoiled little brats.

hmmmmmm, I don't think you know the definition of ungrateful.... And you are just another rockstar cock rider lol

I wouldn't expect some spoon-fed little sh*t to understand the meaning of being grateful for anything in life...

You sir are a true rube

Stop trying to talk sense into a blinded fanboy! LOL its like trying to communicate with an alien from another planet...

There are...judging by the posts of some users, who sit around here...

King Travis
  • King Travis

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

http://www.theguardi...s-server-issues

"...due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers"

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Key points that stood out; "anticipating, buy and add more"

Someone please explain how they weren't expecting the high demand...they obviously knew how busy it was going to be after making $1 billion in sales and from their site views.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

You know what? F*ck them, I'm done supporting Cockstar. Pre-order cancelled for AGENT.

It doesn't say they weren't anticipating high demand buddy, it says they weren't anticipating THAT HIGH demand. It's a GTA game, of course they'd expect high demand.

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

You must not understand how servers work dumbsh*t

you don't know much about game development I see

You don't know much about game development and are just pretending you do I see

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

You sir are a true rube

There are...judging by the posts of some users, who sit around here...

LMAO

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

You're trutful as hell and I'm sure in a minute ppl gon bash your skull for preaching truth. What I dont get is, they didnt release online portion for about three weeks right? They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

This made me LOL.  Please, all you crybabys just leave online and go play SP or another game.  This is NOT how server architecture works.

There's NO WAY they could have been ready for this many players unless they had done an open beta. Period.

A game like CoD which averages 6 mil in sales in the first 24hrs always has it's servers up & running fine. The fact that R* had 2 weeks in advance to prepare for GTA: Online & for it to fail this badly doesn't make any sense. They announced back in Aug when the online was going to be available, so there's no way you're telling me they couldn't have been ready. f*ck R* & all you fan boys that always try to defend them no matter what the case may be. No matter how much time you give these clowns, they seem to never be able to get anything right. Just look @ IV's multiplayer.. PERIOD

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 03 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

You're trutful as hell and I'm sure in a minute ppl gon bash your skull for preaching truth. What I dont get is, they didnt release online portion for about three weeks right? They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

This made me LOL.  Please, all you crybabys just leave online and go play SP or another game.  This is NOT how server architecture works.

There's NO WAY they could have been ready for this many players unless they had done an open beta. Period.

A game like CoD which averages 6 mil in sales in the first 24hrs always has it's servers up & running fine. The fact that R* had 2 weeks in advance to prepare for GTA: Online & for it to fail this badly doesn't make any sense. They announced back in Aug when the online was going to be available, so there's no way you're telling me they couldn't have been ready. f*ck R* & all you fan boys that always try to defend them no matter what the case may be. No matter how much time you give these clowns, they seem to never be able to get anything right. Just look @ IV's multiplayer.. PERIOD

Except GTA V is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more complex than a closed world FPS like CoD.

Blizzard, a company that has been in this sort of business for a decade always has server issues at launch despite their experience. It's been a few days of a game where upwards of 17 million people could potentially trying to get in to play, never mind the unforeseen bugs that can always pop up going from a closed environment to opened/public one.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

RockStar's Servers in one GIF:

XZp1MhQ.gif

• TabooV2 and SledgeHammer87 like this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 03 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

still cant even play the game online.... oh well

atleast i had the chance of playing it for a hour ... as i know some people cant even get to see what the first mission is

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Calm down nerd virgins, patch as soon as tomorrow potentially. Grab a manpon, you guys will be good soon!

;)

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Come on now... who didn't know this game was gonna have 'high demand'? I mean the sales just based on the first day alone should of been enough to let them know that online was going to be crazy. Its known that Online is the main thing these days and thats what majority of people want and only care about so R* should of prepared themselves.

Honestly, I didn't even give 2 f*cks about GTAO until I played the single player and realized most of the good stuff they showed us and the stuff I was excited for mainly was online! I never even really played online in IV. 

I know working out all the online issues out isn't easy and im not bashing R*, but theres no excuse for all this. So either R* knew online wasn't going to be 100% ready by the time of release and on the day of release gave the warning and kept working on the issue but wanted to release it anyway OR they sat on their asses for online for two weeks (totally oblivious to their sales!) just to make us wait to keep the anticipation up and play the waiting game like they love to do. Im pretty sure its the first one.   

I've given up trying to play online for the time being until sh*t is worked out. Tried of trying, tired of it freezing up and having to restart it all over. 

MarkGTAVI
  • MarkGTAVI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Omg how can there be some much stupid people in one place wtf! Why the f... am I even reading this crap. 

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

No one is being ungrateful. So I guess when you go to a restaurant and get food and they f*ck your order up greatly and you tell them this isn't what I ordered and ask again for what you really wanted, your being ungrateful? NO! If im spending my money on something I can say whatever the f*ck I want!

I think a lot of you people who are getting mad at the complainers don't realize for R* THIS IS THEIR f*ckING JOB and they have to do it if they wanna make money and have their games bought! Yeah they work hard as hell on these games and I appreciate it but once again its their job. No one made them do this. Their suppose to have this sh*t together and when they don't their gonna catch hell! WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD buddy no one is gonna pitty your sorry ass when you f*ck up. 

And welcome to the new generation of gaming where online is everything. Thats what f*cks it all up.

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Oh, and another thing. They need to add f*cking wild animals in Online. I was able to play for a bit and I have not seen ANY, not even birds. Blaine County feels so dead. It seems nobody else has seen any either. 

:^:  This is the only thing apart from the servers, then everything is perfect. 

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Oh, and another thing. They need to add f*cking wild animals in Online. I was able to play for a bit and I have not seen ANY, not even birds. Blaine County feels so dead. It seems nobody else has seen any either. 

THIS! I don't have many problems with this game in general, but no animals online is truly disappointing for me.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

LOL, earned 1 billion dollars in 3 days, but it can't have enough servers. Shame on you, Cockstar Games!

Wait... cockstar games...cock games...what the fk?!

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by Gst0395, 03 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Oh dear, Rockstar have lost alot of respect. I can't help but feel like the final nail in GTA's coffin is soon as far as it's fanbase goes.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Even a large company with lots of money probably takes 6 weeks to setup new servers properly.  That is a very average turnaround time in the industry.  They are also dependant on other companies like hardware providers, Sony and Microsoft to get this work done.

I'm sure they knew the game would be popular but they did not anticipate it being the "fastest-selling entertainment product ever".  Considering they only had 2 weeks from launch to Online, I think they are doing an OK job. 

Online works fine for me on Xbox now except for the occasional matchmaking not finding anyone.  When that happens I shut down and re-start and it seems to fix the issue.

• TabooV2 likes this

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

You must not understand how servers work dumbsh*t

I don't understand how they work, please explain it to me.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Even a large company with lots of money probably takes 6 weeks to setup new servers properly.  That is a very average turnaround time in the industry.  They are also dependant on other companies like hardware providers, Sony and Microsoft to get this work done.

I'm sure they knew the game would be popular but they did not anticipate it being the "fastest-selling entertainment product ever".  Considering they only had 2 weeks from launch to Online, I think they are doing an OK job. 

Online works fine for me on Xbox now except for the occasional matchmaking not finding anyone.  When that happens I shut down and re-start and it seems to fix the issue.

Battlefield 4 beta (emphasis on f*cking beta) seems to be having no problems (or none that me and my friends are aware off)

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Battlefield 4 beta (emphasis on f*cking beta) seems to be having no problems (or none that me and my friends are aware off)

I'm sure BF4 is working fine but BF 4 isn't really introducing anything new when it comes to matchmaking and their online world.  Yeah there's new guns and new maps and new vehicles but really there's no difference in how BF3 matches people together.  Dice and supporting companies like EA/MS/Sone already have the infrastructure in place from previous games. 

R* has delivered an online multiplayer game in a way that nobody has done before.  Give them a little time.  There's lots of people who aren't having any issues, like myself, and there seems to be more and more people getting online now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users