Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar wasn't "anticipating" the high demand, CONFIRMED.

156 replies to this topic
Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'm calling it now, as soon as GTA Online is working, every hater in this thread will shut the f*ck up and sit quietly excited in the corner whilst playing GTA:O.
Happens every time.
  • xRDASeken likes this

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

http://www.theguardi...s-server-issues

"...due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers"

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Key points that stood out; "anticipating, buy and add more"

Someone please explain how they weren't expecting the high demand...they obviously knew how busy it was going to be after making $1 billion in sales and from their site views.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

You know what? F*ck them, I'm done supporting Cockstar. Pre-order cancelled for AGENT.

Buying more servers does not always help, that's not how online games work and there are other issues aswell.

Also,there is not a pre order for Agent yet, so you cannot cancel it at this point.

Someone doesn't know the meaning of "trolling". I thought you would of followed on with the rest of these gimps
  • xRDASeken likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'm calling it now, as soon as GTA Online is working, every hater in this thread will shut the f*ck up and sit quietly excited in the corner whilst playing GTA:O.
Happens every time.

Oh believe me, that won't happen.

They'll be back, again flooding this forum with...."wahhh online suckz wahhh i cant even fly a spaceship wahhh no zombies to shoot wahhh fuk u cockstar wahhh wahhh"....

Believe me.

• baskerwil likes this

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Happens every time.

They'll be back, again flooding this forum with...."wahhh online suckz wahhh i cant even fly a spaceship wahhh no zombies to shoot wahhh fuk u cockstar wahhh wahhh"....

Believe me.

Confirmed

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Happens every time.

Believe me.
Guess it was just wishful thinking on my part..

saksoka
  • saksoka

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

GTA O : Fail of The Generation 

Davidbc
  • Davidbc

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

So, they sell millions in a few days and they weren't expecting so many people on day 1? sure...

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I just wanna say that now that it's finally working for me, I couldn't be happier. I see great things developing with this game online! The delay only has me enjoying the game more. iDC if they weren't prepared too much as i have the weekend to game it up!

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

LOL op. i stopped supporting R* since GTAIV! There were never a single game that i bought from them ever since! R* dropped their ball LOOONG time ago and lost all of my support as well, so now i don't even know what amount of work they should do to fix that! LOL They f*ked up all of my trust and with release of GTAV it even strengthen now! And to be honest i don't expect them to impress me anymore, unless the come up with REEEALLY something special and put really tons of content in game, which i don't trust them with anymore as well so...yup! Thats it! Waiting for more talanted and inspired developer to do what R* cannot anymore, seems like R* are just done...their ideas generator and inspiration went huge downhill and they're obviously bored with GTA series...Move on to Ubisoft! Here's hoping they won't f*ck up Watch Dogs, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, trying to feed their fan-base with false promises and hopes for features, that are going to be cut...

So you never played RDR? Pity...

Nope! not interested sorry! All those cowboys and wild west crap is not for me!...game might be super-duper cool and content-rich, but it doesn't matter to me, since i'm not interested in Wild West theme at all!...I prefer miniguns and rocket launcher to those boring repeaters and revolvers with dynamites...sorry...

Oh no reason to be sorry, whatever is your preference is your preference, I only mentioned it to point out that the studio hasn't lost any of their ideas and creativity, or originality, as RDR was a shining example of, as it, aside from the Western theme, had all the requirements you mentioned about content.

Anyway, i'm sorry you're not enjoying the game.

Most well thought out post in the thread. If people don't like the games R* put out thats fine. Obviously some people do though , or GTAO wouldn't be overloaded, GTAV wouldn't have broken records, and RDR wouldn't have been voted GOY by countless reviewers.
If I don't like something I usually leave it alone. Just wish more people got that concept.

...I can see inside out of you you're lying and you know why? ...Because lets imagine this for a second! You're a fan of GTA series (well it seems obvious to me...no?), so say you wait for a sequel and like a said you're fan of a series you play current title and you love it! Then next game gets released and you dislike something (or lots of stuff), that are missed from it, that was in previous game now how would you feel? Better yet, answer me, what would you say to the person, after you come here to express your disappointment and he accused you in being spoiled prick, who can't appreciate what R* creates (okay its not literally what you said to me, but the picture is clear i guess...)! How would you react to the person? ...would you apply your own logic onto yourself given you'd end up in that situation? answer is - unlikely!...because you're a liar! And don't even tell me that there's nothing, that can disappoint you in life or there's nothing, that R* can disappoint you with, because thats freaking bullsh*t too!! A person, who doesn't hype, have high hopes about the stuff he loves or cares about is either a "dead man walking" or simply plain stupid in my book! And from the look of it, judging by your post you seem to be kind both...

So I'm a liar because I noticed that the dude I quoted had a well thought out response to a guy who wrote off RDR because the wild west theme isn't his thing? I'm not sure you know what 'liar' means.

Only because I didn't lie about anything, or make any statements that are contrary to the truth. You know...sorta the definition of a liar?

It's cool, I'm just gonna chalk this up to you not knowing what words mean. Oh, and what would I say to someone that doesn't like something? I'd say 'Move on, life is too short'.
  • baskerwil likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

HAHAHAHA "COCKSTAR". That's just so witty and original and shut the f*ck up. 

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

This "not knowing numbers" excuse is the copy and paste response all companies give when these issues occur. Unfortunately for Rock*, this excuse is borderline insulting.

They knew their sales, they would have had access to XBOX live activity for 2 weeks after release. Even if they don't want to buy enough servers to handle everyone, just in case not everyone goes online, they should at least try and rent server space to have on standby or something? I'm sure there's companies sitting around with unused server space or reserved server space that could be temporarily rented? I don't know, point is that excuse is insulting for Rockstars situation.

PoopMonster
  • PoopMonster

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

GTA O : Fail of The Generation 

Don't be a moron.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

How the f*ck did Rockstar NOT SEE THIS COMING?

They literally could read the sales number and then finally make an assumption of how many servers they will need, but oh no..... They f*cking say "OPPS SORRY LOLWTF WE DIDNT SEE DIS sh*t COMING"

WTF Rockstar, get your sh*t together. 

STFU. You all need to stop whining as you clearly have no idea how hard it is. Just buying servers and linking them isn't as easy as you'd think. As always it takes time. You act like a bunch of retarded 12 year olds: ignorant. Plus, No matter how much you people complain and '#leave' and rage, Rockstar will always be on the upside. Keep raging, it really makes you guys look bad.

Phantast1q
  • Phantast1q

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

I havent gotten home yet, but does anyone have some news on the characters being deleted? 

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Almost 5 maybe 6 billion users trying to connect to Rockstars Online servers...that's 10 times the amount of the 5 most biggest websites/forums on the Internet itself... - There was bound to be major issues.

ROFL!!!

5 or 6  BILLION? 

hahahahahahaha

• ISI Wrath likes this

Sgt.Soldier
  • Sgt.Soldier

Gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by Sgt.Soldier, 03 October 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

Do you know how much it costs for a server for their own game? No. So just be patient and wait for them to resolve the issues that everyone is currently expericening.

Plus maybe they did see the sales and saw how many they probably would be trying to play online but were not able to obtain enough servers in time. We don't know the process it takes to get special server for your own special game. I highly doubt it just uses regular servers. Every game has it's own kinda of engine that the server would be using if you think about it so this is probably why it's taking them sometime.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

gta 5 is disgusting, rockstar is a disgusting developer. RDR will be the last rockstar game I will buy, EVER. And for the people who are defending rockstar with, OO you don't know how long it takes to get servers online. SHOW ME proof of how long it takes to get ONE server running for THIS type of game, and than I will believe you. Untill than stop implying that you know how long a server takes to get up and running.

ps ever by the pre orders rockstar could have EASILY anticipated this EASILY EASILY. This game is a joke and is a terrible stain on rockstar.

Come on fa**ots. This is the largest attempt at open-world multiplayer there's ever been. Those of you that cannot see that there would be flaws are idiots, and should get off these forums. Moany bitches.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

gta 5 is disgusting, rockstar is a disgusting developer. RDR will be the last rockstar game I will buy, EVER. And for the people who are defending rockstar with, OO you don't know how long it takes to get servers online. SHOW ME proof of how long it takes to get ONE server running for THIS type of game, and than I will believe you. Untill than stop implying that you know how long a server takes to get up and running.

ps ever by the pre orders rockstar could have EASILY anticipated this EASILY EASILY. This game is a joke and is a terrible stain on rockstar.

Come on fa**ots. This is the largest attempt at open-world multiplayer there's ever been. Those of you that cannot see that there would be flaws are idiots, and should get off these forums. Moany bitches.

No disrespect but it's not about flaws but about not being able to play at all...there's a difference.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

When half the game is tied up in Online, you'd think they would've realized how popular it would be. Like most things, I'll give it a go when it's in perfect working order.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Op is a tard, must of not read rockstars message when they WARNED us all about launch problems, heres a tip, go do something outside in real life

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

You're clearly not an IT person. 

As seems to be the case with 90% of the moaners on this Forum site.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

No disrespect but it's not about flaws but about not being able to play at all...there's a difference.

BING

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Op is a tard, must of not read rockstars message when they WARNED us all about launch problems, heres a tip, go do something outside in real life

you must not realise they said that TWO f*ckING WEEKS before online launched, and you are telling me they could do nothing about it but sit there with there thumbs up there asses going, DUHHHHH I WONDER HOW MANYS PEOPLE GOING TO BUY GAME DERRR

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Please show us this message, Cockstar never warned us about it.

alexbrugs
  • alexbrugs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Do people actually have a life, or just complain on here all day. Look in the end it's just a game. It's not going to kill you to have some patience. Rockstar did warn us about all this and it has been quite common to happen with big titles. I'm just so over people complaining non stop about everything because they expected something totally flawless. 

Relax, be patient with rockstar and just be grateful for what we have. It will sort itself out eventually. In the mean time find something to occupy yourself with. Life goes on...beyond a video game

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by GeckoWacko, 03 October 2013 - 09:58 AM.

We didn't expect this bro's......

We kept a close eye on our sales department and had 2 weeks room to figure out how many servers were needed. We saw our bank account raise, our stocks, our everything.

But but but, we couldn't expect that many though :(.

What a load off bullsh*t.

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by FlyUS, 03 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Do people actually have a life, or just complain on here all day. Look in the end it's just a game. It's not going to kill you to have some patience. Rockstar did warn us about all this and it has been quite common to happen with big titles. I'm just so over people complaining non stop about everything because they expected something totally flawless. 
Relax, be patient with rockstar and just be grateful for what we have. It will sort itself out eventually. In the mean time find something to occupy yourself with. Life goes on...beyond a video game

ROFL! Are you kidding me?

How exactly will it "sort itself out"? It's not a robot to fix itself.

If you haven't already noticed, this is a FORUM and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't like it? THEN DON'T REPLY and continue to DEFEND Cockstar.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:00 AM Edited by brothan323, 03 October 2013 - 10:03 AM.

ughh, you have NO IDEA why we are pissed. You sir are another cock riding fanboy of rockstar.

Be patient? Im sorry, but 2 weeks should have been enough to make this online playable. Be grateful? for what 70 bucks for a crappy single player and a multiplayer that is down right terrible? yea I should be grateful, f*cking idiot. Also you guys are forgetting the 1 billion in sales in THREE DAYS, not including the rest of the time it has been on sale. holy sh*t. It is like you fan boys think rockstar is piss f*cking poor and had NO NOTION OF how many people wanted to play this at all. God damn I f*cking hate you fan boys, they will shovel sh*t in your mouth, say it is icecream and you will believe them..

• ISI Wrath likes this

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by GeckoWacko, 03 October 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Game developers and publishers should learn that they shouldn't release broken products. Broken products piss people off. NEXT TIME GIVE IT A LONGER RELEASE DATE AND AT LEAST MAKE IT A WORKING PRODUCT ON RELEASE. In their case it took 5 years though, lawl.

Its like ordering a car and you get the wheels two weeks later. When the wheels finally are delivered they are utter sh*t, crooked and broken.

Would you be happy? Wouldn't you get pissed off when you're being f*cked with? I guess you're a pussy.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Also, for the people who say this happens to every online game. TELL ME ONE mmo/online portion of a game, that shows a stupid amount of content is availble in game and how lively the map is. ALSO they announce two weeks before hand that the launch will be "rough". ALSO they knew EXSACTLY the amount of people playing(who had online, and from pre-orders.) Than the game releases, and it is unplayble from 3 days AND ALL the content that was an advert for the online isn't in the game and is delayed a "few more weeks" tell me ONE game and show me proof>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users