Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar wasn't "anticipating" the high demand, CONFIRMED.

156 replies to this topic
SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

LOL op. i stopped supporting R* since GTAIV! There were never a single game that i bought from them ever since! R* dropped their ball LOOONG time ago and lost all of my support as well, so now i don't even know what amount of work they should do to fix that! LOL They f*ked up all of my trust and with release of GTAV it even strengthen now! And to be honest i don't expect them to impress me anymore, unless the come up with REEEALLY something special and put really tons of content in game, which i don't trust them with anymore as well so...yup! Thats it! Waiting for more talanted and inspired developer to do what R* cannot anymore, seems like R* are just done...their ideas generator and inspiration went huge downhill and they're obviously bored with GTA series...Move on to Ubisoft! Here's hoping they won't f*ck up Watch Dogs, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, trying to feed their fan-base with false promises and hopes for features, that are going to be cut...

So you never played RDR? Pity...

Nope! not interested sorry! All those cowboys and wild west crap is not for me!...game might be super-duper cool and content-rich, but it doesn't matter to me, since i'm not interested in Wild West theme at all!...I prefer miniguns and rocket launcher to those boring repeaters and revolvers with dynamites...sorry...

Oh no reason to be sorry, whatever is your preference is your preference, I only mentioned it to point out that the studio hasn't lost any of their ideas and creativity, or originality, as RDR was a shining example of, as it, aside from the Western theme, had all the requirements you mentioned about content.

Anyway, i'm sorry you're not enjoying the game.

Most well thought out post in the thread. If people don't like the games R* put out thats fine. Obviously some people do though , or GTAO wouldn't be overloaded, GTAV wouldn't have broken records, and RDR wouldn't have been voted GOY by countless reviewers.

If I don't like something I usually leave it alone. Just wish more people got that concept.
  • baskerwil likes this

sparkle90
  • sparkle90

gurl, bye

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

All dumbsh*ts that call me a dumbsh*t saying the truth go f*ck yourself because the language you understand is this one. You either fanboy on ppl or call them bad sh*t. BYE BITCHES.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

Man I would think after make 8 million in one day they would have had their sh*t together and got some servers. It would made them more profit in the long run

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

http://www.theguardi...s-server-issues

"...due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers"

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Key points that stood out; "anticipating, buy and add more"

Someone please explain how they weren't expecting the high demand...they obviously knew how busy it was going to be after making $1 billion in sales and from their site views.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

You know what? F*ck them, I'm done supporting Cockstar. Pre-order cancelled for AGENT.

STFU! You're not Zee. Zee is much funnier than you.

SRSLY? Just because THEY'RE UPDATING THEIR SERVERS FOR US? idiot confirmed.

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

You're trutful as hell and I'm sure in a minute ppl gon bash your skull for preaching truth. What I dont get is, they didnt release online portion for about three weeks right? They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

This made me LOL.  Please, all you crybabys just leave online and go play SP or another game.  This is NOT how server architecture works.

There's NO WAY they could have been ready for this many players unless they had done an open beta. Period.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

notsoslimshady14
  • notsoslimshady14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

So GTA 5 sucks because it's online is unplayable right now? LOL People are really overreacting on this, I understand on being pissed off that the online is down but abandoning Rockstar and GTA over this? Sunday night GTA 5 was the best game ever created and Rockstar was the king of developers

-_- 

• IveGotNoValues likes this

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by ItalianStalion, 03 October 2013 - 04:25 AM.

I mean for both GTA V and the rest of R*s online services...Social Club etc. Not JUST GTA V... Either way, the servers are being overloaded with a tremendous amount of traffic in a very "small" period of time. Of course they are going to crash..

gunziness
  • gunziness

Hustler

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

the butthurt is ridiculously strong in this thread!

what about you guys wait a couple of days for the ONLINE to be sorted out and chill out a little, its a f*cking videogame guys, take it easy.

it will be fine soon, just give it some time. ;)

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

"...due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers"

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Someone please explain how they weren't expecting the high demand...they obviously knew how busy it was going to be after making $1 billion in sales and from their site views.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

You know what? F*ck them, I'm done supporting Cockstar. Pre-order cancelled for AGENT.

STFU! You're not Zee. Zee is much funnier than you.
SRSLY? Just because THEY'RE UPDATING THEIR SERVERS FOR US? idiot confirmed.

*Caps lock rage detected* And who the f*ck is Zee? This thread intimidates you, it's so obvious.

Fanboy confirmed.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

LOL op. i stopped supporting R* since GTAIV! There were never a single game that i bought from them ever since! R* dropped their ball LOOONG time ago and lost all of my support as well, so now i don't even know what amount of work they should do to fix that! LOL They f*ked up all of my trust and with release of GTAV it even strengthen now! And to be honest i don't expect them to impress me anymore, unless the come up with REEEALLY something special and put really tons of content in game, which i don't trust them with anymore as well so...yup! Thats it! Waiting for more talanted and inspired developer to do what R* cannot anymore, seems like R* are just done...their ideas generator and inspiration went huge downhill and they're obviously bored with GTA series...Move on to Ubisoft! Here's hoping they won't f*ck up Watch Dogs, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, trying to feed their fan-base with false promises and hopes for features, that are going to be cut...

So you never played RDR? Pity...

Nope! not interested sorry! All those cowboys and wild west crap is not for me!...game might be super-duper cool and content-rich, but it doesn't matter to me, since i'm not interested in Wild West theme at all!...I prefer miniguns and rocket launcher to those boring repeaters and revolvers with dynamites...sorry...

Oh no reason to be sorry, whatever is your preference is your preference, I only mentioned it to point out that the studio hasn't lost any of their ideas and creativity, or originality, as RDR was a shining example of, as it, aside from the Western theme, had all the requirements you mentioned about content.

Anyway, i'm sorry you're not enjoying the game.

Most well thought out post in the thread. If people don't like the games R* put out thats fine. Obviously some people do though , or GTAO wouldn't be overloaded, GTAV wouldn't have broken records, and RDR wouldn't have been voted GOY by countless reviewers.

If I don't like something I usually leave it alone. Just wish more people got that concept.

...I can see inside out of you you're lying and you know why? ...Because lets imagine this for a second! You're a fan of GTA series (well it seems obvious to me...no?), so say you wait for a sequel and like a said you're fan of a series you play current title and you love it! Then next game gets released and you dislike something (or lots of stuff), that are missed from it, that was in previous game now how would you feel? Better yet, answer me, what would you say to the person, after you come here to express your disappointment and he accused you in being spoiled prick, who can't appreciate what R* creates (okay its not literally what you said to me, but the picture is clear i guess...)! How would you react to the person? ...would you apply your own logic onto yourself given you'd end up in that situation? answer is - unlikely!...because you're a liar! And don't even tell me that there's nothing, that can disappoint you in life or there's nothing, that R* can disappoint you with, because thats freaking bullsh*t too!! A person, who doesn't hype, have high hopes about the stuff he loves or cares about is either a "dead man walking" or simply plain stupid in my book! And from the look of it, judging by your post you seem to be kind both...

• latigreblue likes this

Tushie Cushie
  • Tushie Cushie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Almost 5 maybe 6 billion users trying to connect to Rockstars Online servers...that's 10 times the amount of the 5 most biggest websites/forums on the Internet itself... - There was bound to be major issues.

I hope you mean 5-6 million, but still I doubt its even over 2 million trying to connect at once. Many have given up and dont care about gta v anymore.

I hope I get a mega spoon for all this hyperbowl I'm seeing!

vrsick
  • vrsick

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

I would have preferred them to just say " we thought our servers could handle it" rather than " we didn't expect it".

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

I would have preferred them to just say " we thought our servers could handle it" rather than " we didn't expect it".

I'd have preferred them to just try to fix the damn problem, instead of saying anything, wasting their time...less words - more action! Thats what i and other fans would prefer!...

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

i cannot believe anyone would defend rockstar. They KNEW the pre-order numbers, they KNEW they were hyping the sh*t out of it. THEY KNEW THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE PLAYING, who were connected to the internet, DAY ONE through the one stock market. THEY KNEW THIS THE WHOLE TIME. It is just sad to see where gaming is going to, and it is going in that direction because of people who defend this sh*t. If this wasn;t rockstar, there would be a god damn sh*t storm.

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

i cannot believe anyone would defend rockstar. They KNEW the pre-order numbers, they KNEW they were hyping the sh*t out of it. THEY KNEW THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE PLAYING, who were connected to the internet, DAY ONE through the one stock market. THEY KNEW THIS THE WHOLE TIME. It is just sad to see where gaming is going to, and it is going in that direction because of people who defend this sh*t. If this wasn;t rockstar, there would be a god damn sh*t storm.

So in your opinion, whats happening now cannot be called "sh*tstorm"? LOL i agree with you, but you know its happening already! R* isn't any special from other companies, they just managed to "pet" their fans better hehe if you know what i mean! ^__^ 

• FlyUS likes this

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

So in your opinion, whats happening now cannot be called "sh*tstorm"? LOL i agree with you, but you know its happening already! R* isn't any special from other companies, they just managed to "pet" their fans better hehe if you know what i mean! ^__^ 

No, let me re-interrperate, if this was anyother gaming comapny besides rockstar, there would be a sh*t storm. No one would be defending them(the other gaming company)

mrhandss
  • mrhandss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

every damn time a AAA game comes out there are problems with connectivity on the first week and this is always the same goddamn excuse.

Yeah f*cking right you idiots didn't know that your game, easily in the top 3 (at least) most anticipated games of the year was going to have this high od demand? not like you could have done your f*cking homework and looked at preorder numbers and other figures as well to guess.

• apple1554 and FirstLadyofGTA like this

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

No, let me re-interrperate, if this was anyother gaming comapny besides rockstar, there would be a sh*t storm. No one would be defending them(the other gaming company)

Didn't need to explain that to me! LOL i got what you mean, but you seem to be the one, who missed the point...I said that R* isn't any different from other developers, when it comes to how fans react to their success/failures! Its all the same, but the difference is that R* "pet" their fans and made them fluffy and soft, which is the reason why it seems there's no sh*tstorm of a bigger scale...

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:16 AM Edited by brothan323, 03 October 2013 - 06:17 AM.

Gaming today has become nothing but excuses

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Gaming today has becoming nothing but excuses

...and don't just forget - broken promises!... :whistle:  :rol:

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

"wahhh i want my gta online NOW wahhh i want my coll of jooty NOW wahhh i want my chocolate milk NOW wahhh".....

This thread is just another shining example of why I absolutely f*cking HATE this new generation of ungrateful, spoiled little brats.

• gunziness and ISI Wrath like this

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

One thing I don't like, is that there is a f*ck load of features on the mp that should be in the sp, but the excuse is that this is a whole other game. O yea? yet we HAVE to buy gta v to play gta online, and gta online is set in gta v game world, with gta v characters. It is bs

• Gaara Of The Sand likes this

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:29 AM Edited by brothan323, 03 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

"wahhh i want my gta online NOW wahhh i want my coll of jooty NOW wahhh i want my chocolate milk NOW wahhh".....

This thread is just another shining example of why I absolutely f*cking HATE this new generation of ungrateful, spoiled little brats.

hmmmmmm, I don't think you know the definition of ungrateful.... And you are just another rockstar cock rider lol

another thing. how am i ungrateful for paying 70 bucks for a game, expecting to get a good sp and a good mp 2 weeks later, that is supposudly filled with content and heists.

game comes out, the sp is CLEARLY tacked on when you near the half way mark of the game, it becomes boring, rockstar willnever create a gta sp like san andreas EVER AGAIN. anyways. The mp is about to come out, and than you find out there is microtransactions, oo ok. THAN RIGHT BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED, OO all the features that we said that were the MAIN ADVERTS FOR THE MP, are NOT IN THE GAME and are delayed, ANTOP of the mp being delayed. Than the mp is released, the character creator sucks, the mp is a ghost town and is terrible and broken. Yea I would be pissed.

what they should have done was just a rdr multiplayer, but gta with a little more activities. Gta 4 multiplayer became boring because there was nothing to do. RDR multiplayer was spot on. gta online is garbage

• apple1554 and eQuis_ like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

hmmmmmm, I don't think you know the definition of ungrateful.... And you are just another rockstar cock rider lol

I wouldn't expect some spoon-fed little sh*t to understand the meaning of being grateful for anything in life...

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

I wouldn't expect some spoon-fed little sh*t to understand the meaning of being grateful for anything in life...

You sir are a true rube

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:39 AM Edited by Vorpax, 03 October 2013 - 06:40 AM.

You sir are a true rube

Stop trying to talk sense into a blinded fanboy! LOL its like trying to communicate with an alien from another planet...

GTA Fiend
  • GTA Fiend

Original Gangster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

While Rockstar should've planned better (knowing how many pre-orders, copies shipped & downloaded before the online launch) people need to quit acting like it's the end of the world. Yeah, I'd be highly disappointed if I had taken the day off of work to play and I couldn't get on. But otherwise, it's just a game!

Just give them a little time to get things smoothed out. You know they will. They have to. Rockstar is a company that hates looking bad. They've got an ego and a rep to protect.

Here's an idea, why not go enjoy the single player a little longer?
Or convince yourself that GTAO hasn't launched yet.

That's what I'm gonna do.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

You sir are a true rube

What the f*ck is a "rube"? Is this some little kiddie term?

@Vorpax

I'm not surprised you need to resort to the usual pathetic "fanboy" insult when describing people who can actually appreciate things in life, as the most you've probably appreciated anything is having your diaper changed for you every 5 minutes.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

While Rockstar should've planned better (knowing how many pre-orders, copies shipped & downloaded before the online launch) people need to quit acting like it's the end of the world. Yeah, I'd be highly disappointed if I had taken the day off of work to play and I couldn't get on. But otherwise, it's just a game!

Just give them a little time to get things smoothed out. You know they will. They have to. Rockstar is a company that hates looking bad. They've got an ego and a rep to protect.

Here's an idea, why not go enjoy the single player a little longer?
Or convince yourself that GTAO hasn't launched yet.

That's what I'm gonna do.

The problem here is, most of these spoon-fed kids have absolutely no patience whatsoever. Why do you think they get a "coll of jooty" every year?

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Buying more servers does not always help, that's not how online games work and there are other issues aswell.

Also,there is not a pre order for Agent yet, so you cannot cancel it at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users