Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar wasn't "anticipating" the high demand, CONFIRMED.

156 replies to this topic
FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

http://www.theguardi...s-server-issues

"...due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers"

WHAT THE F*CK COCKSTAR?!

Key points that stood out; "anticipating, buy and add more"

Someone please explain how they weren't expecting the high demand...they obviously knew how busy it was going to be after making $1 billion in sales and from their site views.

Is it really that hard to buy servers with that kinda money? They're bathing in money for god sake.

You know what? F*ck them, I'm done supporting Cockstar. Pre-order cancelled for AGENT.
  • sparkle90, 2281, Vorpax and 1 other like this

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Oh, and another thing. They need to add f*cking wild animals in Online. I was able to play for a bit and I have not seen ANY, not even birds. Blaine County feels so dead. It seems nobody else has seen any either. 

• PewPewPatches likes this

sparkle90
  • sparkle90

gurl, bye

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

You're trutful as hell and I'm sure in a minute ppl gon bash your skull for preaching truth. What I dont get is, they didnt release online portion for about three weeks right? They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

• TGroves14 and Vorpax like this

Mahtale
  • Mahtale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by Mahtale, 03 October 2013 - 01:40 AM.

Actually, this is pretty common for online game developers. They prepare for a significantly lower number than they expect so that we can be their first "stress test." It's more cost effective. It's bull sh*t.

Essentially - 

20398707.jpg

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

How the f*ck did Rockstar NOT SEE THIS COMING?

They literally could read the sales number and then finally make an assumption of how many servers they will need, but oh no..... They f*cking say "OPPS SORRY LOLWTF WE DIDNT SEE DIS sh*t COMING"

WTF Rockstar, get your sh*t together. 

• trevoranders and russian hotman like this

Plainview
  • Plainview

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

You must not understand how servers work dumbsh*t

• Dead At 4pm and Cubanjew like this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Finally someone with a brain. I'd like your post, but I just learned that I've reached my "quota of positive votes for the day"

Haha, can you believe that?

• jamieleng, grozza, FlyUS and 1 other like this

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

It's funny because the BAWSAQ should have let them know exactly how many people had online enabled consoles. Now that we've got to day three the 'stop being mean brigade' are getting a bit quiet. I'm not that bothered, but since I am sort of just sat around doing nothing I can't help but keep attempting to get on.

• FirstLadyofGTA and maine27 like this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

And on this day, Rockstar lost their badass image.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by Vorpax, 03 October 2013 - 01:44 AM.

LOL op. i stopped supporting R* since GTAIV! There were never a single game that i bought from them ever since! R* dropped their ball LOOONG time ago and lost all of my support as well, so now i don't even know what amount of work they should do to fix that! LOL They f*ked up all of my trust and with release of GTAV it even strengthen now! And to be honest i don't expect them to impress me anymore, unless the come up with REEEALLY something special and put really tons of content in game, which i don't trust them with anymore as well so...yup! Thats it! Waiting for more talanted and inspired developer to do what R* cannot anymore, seems like R* are just done...their ideas generator and inspiration went huge downhill and they're obviously bored with GTA series...Move on to Ubisoft! Here's hoping they won't f*ck up Watch Dogs, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, trying to feed their fan-base with false promises and hopes for features, that are going to be cut...

• Spyem1 likes this

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

Gta v has got to be the most overhyped and most disappointing game to date
  • trevoranders, apple1554 and Thecrazypolak like this

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

LOL op. i stopped supporting R* since GTAIV! There were never a single game that i bought from them ever since! R* dropped their ball LOOONG time ago and lost all of my support as well, so now i don't even know what amount of work they should do to fix that! LOL They f*ked up all of my trust and with release of GTAV it even strengthen now! And to be honest i don't expect them to impress me anymore, unless the come up with REEEALLY something special and put really tons of content in game, which i don't trust them with anymore as well so...yup! Thats it! Waiting for more talanted and inspired developer to do what R* cannot anymore, seems like R* are just done...their ideas generator and inspiration went huge downhill and they're obviously bored with GTA series...Move on to Ubisoft! Here's hoping they won't f*ck up Watch Dogs, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, trying to feed their fan-base with false promises and hopes for features, that are going to be cut...

So you never played RDR? Pity...

• IveGotNoValues likes this

GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

why dont u complainers go play cod or saint row and leave GTA for real men

• XBlade1X likes this

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Nope! not interested sorry! All those cowboys and wild west crap is not for me!...game might be super-duper cool and content-rich, but it doesn't matter to me, since i'm not interested in Wild West theme at all!...I prefer miniguns and rocket launcher to those boring repeaters and revolvers with dynamites...sorry...

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Told you all... rockstar doing online = fail. Max payne 3 on pc has worked all of 3 times for me in the entire time its been out... that had me worried for gta 'online'

The only one they got right was red dead... two separate free roams..friendly and hostile.
But they didnt get rockstar san diego in on this. I think they should have. 16 years of gta are slowly drawing to a close for me.
  • apple1554 likes this

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Why don't you complainers stop complaining about other people complaining, because its already getting old?...

• FirstLadyofGTA and Jitesh like this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Why don't you complainers stop complaining about other people complaining, because its already getting old?...

Don't argue with fanboys. They'll bring you down to their level.

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

R* need to go to Treyarch or Dice right now and make their online guys an offer they can't refuse.

The real issue though is that game companies provide online for free so no incentive to get it working well...except for future DLC sales that hardly anyone buys. It's an unsustainable model.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Nope! not interested sorry! All those cowboys and wild west crap is not for me!...game might be super-duper cool and content-rich, but it doesn't matter to me, since i'm not interested in Wild West theme at all!...I prefer miniguns and rocket launcher to those boring repeaters and revolvers with dynamites...sorry...

Oh no reason to be sorry, whatever is your preference is your preference, I only mentioned it to point out that the studio hasn't lost any of their ideas and creativity, or originality, as RDR was a shining example of, as it, aside from the Western theme, had all the requirements you mentioned about content.

Anyway, i'm sorry you're not enjoying the game.

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

They could have bought a kabillion new servers with that much money in three weeks. But their statement just says "we did not care."

You're clearly not an IT person. 

• xRDASeken likes this

UndeadElement
  • UndeadElement

The Company.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

You must not understand how servers work dumbsh*t

>Implying you do

Kyle.
  • Kyle.

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:15 AM Edited by ItalianStalion, 03 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Almost 5 maybe 6 billion users trying to connect to Rockstars Online servers...that's 10 times the amount of the 5 most biggest websites/forums on the Internet itself... - There was bound to be major issues.

DownwardGoose
  • DownwardGoose

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Rockstar are a great company but holy sh*t their online sucks so bad. Their iPhone app crashed. Their. f*cking. iPhone. App. Not to mention Social Club is CONSTANTLY down, with no reason for it to be. Max Payne's multiplayer still to this day experiences connection problems and lag. It's just so stupid and nonsensical that they can be great in every other department, and have such a poor online.

Goldmine Sucks
  • Goldmine Sucks

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Almost 5 maybe 6 billion users trying to connect to Rockstars Online servers...that's 10 times the amount of the 5 most biggest websites/forums on the Internet itself... - There was bound to be major issues.

You are aware that the population of the world is 7.2 billion, right? And that the vast majority of those don't even have access to electricity? And that GTA V has sold around 17 million (with an M) copies?

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

gta 5 is disgusting, rockstar is a disgusting developer. RDR will be the last rockstar game I will buy, EVER. And for the people who are defending rockstar with, OO you don't know how long it takes to get servers online. SHOW ME proof of how long it takes to get ONE server running for THIS type of game, and than I will believe you. Untill than stop implying that you know how long a server takes to get up and running.

ps ever by the pre orders rockstar could have EASILY anticipated this EASILY EASILY. This game is a joke and is a terrible stain on rockstar.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

You are aware that the population of the world is 7.2 billion, right? And that the vast majority of those don't even have access to electricity? And that GTA V has sold around 17 million (with an M) copies?

To italianstalion, give me a break. If you seriously think that, you are delusional

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

gta 5 is disgusting, rockstar is a disgusting developer. RDR will be the last rockstar game I will buy, EVER. And for the people who are defending rockstar with, OO you don't know how long it takes to get servers online. SHOW ME proof of how long it takes to get ONE server running for THIS type of game, and than I will believe you. Untill than stop implying that you know how long a server takes to get up and running.

ps ever by the pre orders rockstar could have EASILY anticipated this EASILY EASILY. This game is a joke and is a terrible stain on rockstar.

So you didn't buy V? If RDR was the last Rockstar game you bought?

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

I hope you mean 5-6 million, but still I doubt its even over 2 million trying to connect at once. Many have given up and dont care about gta v anymore.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

I hope you mean 5-6 million, but still I doubt its even over 2 million trying to connect at once. Many have given up and dont care about gta v anymore.

I never cared about O to begin with. V on the other hand is greatly entertaining to me.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

man stfu with that tired cod comeback. It's like some guy has a thousand multi accounts repeating the same old tired sh*t.

f*ck off you boring bastard.

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users