Photo

PASSIVE MODE IS A LIE

60 replies to this topic
Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Should take longer to enter and exit passive mode.

The way it is now is def a bit of a joke.. too easy to abuse.

Exactly, Rockstar needs to see this ^

gracz209
  • gracz209

Kurwa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yea, i had passive mode but i got killed by some retard anyway. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

The only thing that makes the game slightly playable turns out to be broken. Classic. I guess the word that comes to mind is disappointment.

• Bonnano likes this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

OP if you had a few minutes or whatever left you should have stayed out of the way, no matter what features there are. Or steal a jet next time ;-)

But fair point about this mode, I haven't tried online yet so thanks for the info guys 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

this is really pissing me off... especially when my vehicle gets impounded because some asshole decides to kill me. at what level can i send merc's or place a bounty? also, how do you give a player bad rep, since voting to kick them obviously does not work either. online is probably the worst part about GTA 5 IMO.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

OP if you had a few minutes or whatever left you should have stayed out of the way, no matter what features there are. Or steal a jet next time ;-)

But fair point about this mode, I haven't tried online yet so thanks for the info guys 

yea good luck stealing a jet.... you obviously have no clue what you are talking about

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

yea good luck stealing a jet.... you obviously have no clue what you are talking about

abuse passive mode? really? if you hit passive mode you should be f*cking invincible for as long as you want to be... other players who do not enter passive mode are doing so at their own risk. It really is that simple. I am tired of my vehicle being impounded because rockstar does not understand what "passive" means.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

abuse passive mode? really? if you hit passive mode you should be f*cking invincible for as long as you want to be... other players who do not enter passive mode are doing so at their own risk. It really is that simple. I am tired of my vehicle being impounded because rockstar does not understand what "passive" means.

Passive mode needs it's own gametype, just like in Red Dead Redemption. If you wanted to be killed by others there was regular free roam, if you didn't there was "friendly" free roam where no one could kill each other.
  • The_Big_Lebowski likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yeah, f*ck Passive Mode. You can still get ran over...

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by mdniterder, 08 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

I have stolen a jet several times on the military base tonight while online.

• GTAVMichael likes this

Hawk Tartaros
  • Hawk Tartaros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

An fast way to get the achievement is to go into a invite only session, invite a friend and let him set a bounty on your head and voila.

It is rare but you can also get a bounty of an npc in invite only by stealing someones car.

I btw think that the passive mode is a big fat joke.

You can still be killed when riding a car, an exploding vehicle, or when someone drives over you.

You are still very vulnerable. 

The really need to fix this.

You should not be able to kill someone, nor should they be able to kill you in any way.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Passive mode currently only works while you're on foot.

Not even that. 

RDR system was way better. Different servers for different kind of people. 

• Killzone VII likes this

ebonheartnord
  • ebonheartnord

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Okay so some guy put a 10k bounty on my head, so I of course tried to stay alive, thought maybe I could go for the achievement for surviving a day with a bounty on my head, right?

SO, I go to Blaine County since no one in the game is there, instead they're all in Los Santos, and survive for about 20 in game hours. I get a job request to repo a car for Simeon, so I figure I'll just try to avoid people and defend myself and go do this repo. A guy starts chasing me once I get back to LS, so I got away from him, cops are chasing me so I'm trying to get away from them too. While I'm doing that I drive by another player, he's in passive mode so I think "ah, I'll be fine, he can't kill me in passive mode and I can't kill him so I don't worry about it. Before I know it the guy shoots out my tire and then shoots me in the face, ALL WHILE IN PASSIVE MODE MIND YOU. Obviously I'm pissed, I probably only needed to stay alive for another minute or so to get my achievement and it gets ruined by bullsh*t, thanks Rockstar!

Passive mode doesn't really work the way its suppose to work. Its bugged/glitched, explained wrong. The basic thing is that it doesn't work the way it was intended or explained to work. 

If you are in a car and have passive mode on, LB on the Xbox and whatever the key on the PS controller will open fire regardless and you can still shoot another person that has passive mode on in a car while driving around.

On the other hand, you can't pull out a weapon or engage with an NPC while you have passive mode on while on foot.

But yes 

• Killzone VII likes this

DeepThroat1974
  • DeepThroat1974

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

I always play is Solo mode, I had enough of the idiots by the end of day one!

• saintsrow likes this

dwallen
  • dwallen

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

The weapon wheel is disabled while in passive mode. You have to hold select/back button and actually choose to exit passive mode from the menu.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by Chukkles, 09 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

How could you tell he was passive?
I didn't think there was any sign to say that person is passive.

Passive mode is deactivated as soon as you get in a car.

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

How could you tell he was passive?
I didn't think there was any sign to say that person is passive.

Passive mode is deactivated as soon as you get in a car.

Well....that sucks!  :/

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

updates just released and said nothing about fixing passive mode. what a load of crap.

fix this sh*t rockstar. too many idiots who dont understand killing other players is pointless and achieves nothing.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

You lose passive mode when you shoot your gun. That's what happened here.

^^This

The weapon wheel is disabled in passive mode, it wont allow you to shoot in passive mode until it is disabled from the select menu and a short countdown. So to say you lose it when you shoot your gun is wrong.

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

Same thing happened to me. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

if i am in passive mode my car should be too... like a tank. but only if i am in it. the only way i see around this, is buying an apt and avoiding passive mode all around. it's not the same i know, but it's a way to hide when you need to, if you can make it there.

i wish you could hear voice in game.. within a certain range of people (like the range they hear foosteps and the map goes blue when you walk) so you could avoid being f*cked with sometimes.

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Remeber, passive mode its bullsh*t, ,when you drive etc - I CAN KILL YOU ;).

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

The passive mode works exactly as was intended by the developers; if you read their description of the mode it means you cannot shoot or be shot whilst on foot.

Therefore you can be run over, you can take damage from nearby explosions, you can be injured whilst in a vehicle and you can injure others whilst in a vehicle. All you cannot do is use a weapon or take damage from a weapon (but specifically whilst on foot)

If you really don't want to take damage whilst in passive mode so you can use the phone or go afk then you need to think first; Get out of your vehicle and go somewhere that cars can't get to. Also don't stand next to a car because if they blow the car up you will take damage.

Just think first about how the game works and react accordingly.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 13 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Passive mode from one perspective works fine and from another is broken. Too many motherf*cking handicapped kids killing people in free roam when they don't want to be killed. But passive mode is slightly misunderstood like the guy above said ^.

It activates when your on foot but deactivates when you get a gun out or enter a car.

CamxxCore
  • CamxxCore

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I put passive mode on last night and I could still use my weapon for some reason, No one could shoot me but I could shoot them even if they are in passive mode. Quite hilarious actually, this guy tried to kill me 5 times before finally leaving the game lol

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

passive mode is a f*cking joke... last night a random npc killed me because i could not fight or shoot him while in passive mode... same with cops... when in passive mode you cant shoot or fight while on foot.

and whats the point when you can shoot and get killed while in vehicle???

Cant even cruise around on an bmx without getting killed by other players.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Id lol if someone put a 10k bounty on my head! Id lol all the way to the menu and put myself into a crew only session... 10kkthnxbie

Zodape
  • Zodape

DEN HEUSER

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Invite only session superiority!

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

You can still attack and be attacked whilst IN passive mode when inside a car. It clearly mentions that passive mode keeps you from being shot by other players while on foot. 

You can still be RUN over, you can still be attacked when inside a car, you can still attack while in a car. 

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

You can still attack and be attacked whilst IN passive mode when inside a car. It clearly mentions that passive mode keeps you from being shot by other players while on foot.

You can still be RUN over, you can still be attacked when inside a car, you can still attack while in a car. 

Yeah, you're right, passive mode doesn't work in cars so anyone in a car even with passive mode on, can still kill other players that are in normal (vulnerable) mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users