Photo

PASSIVE MODE IS A LIE

60 replies to this topic
Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Okay so some guy put a 10k bounty on my head, so I of course tried to stay alive, thought maybe I could go for the achievement for surviving a day with a bounty on my head, right?

SO, I go to Blaine County since no one in the game is there, instead they're all in Los Santos, and survive for about 20 in game hours. I get a job request to repo a car for Simeon, so I figure I'll just try to avoid people and defend myself and go do this repo. A guy starts chasing me once I get back to LS, so I got away from him, cops are chasing me so I'm trying to get away from them too. While I'm doing that I drive by another player, he's in passive mode so I think "ah, I'll be fine, he can't kill me in passive mode and I can't kill him so I don't worry about it. Before I know it the guy shoots out my tire and then shoots me in the face, ALL WHILE IN PASSIVE MODE MIND YOU. Obviously I'm pissed, I probably only needed to stay alive for another minute or so to get my achievement and it gets ruined by bullsh*t, thanks Rockstar!

rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:18 AM Edited by rgangsta, 03 October 2013 - 01:20 AM.

Was your gun out?

And you have a bounty on your head so I doubt you'd be able to go into passive mode. If it were that easy, everyone would get that trophy/achievement.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Passive mode currently only works while you're on foot.

• XBlade1X likes this

UndeadElement
  • UndeadElement

The Company.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

yea passive mode doesn't actually work, i turned it on a couple times to test it and have been killed everytime another one of R* Famous glitches to add to the list...

• Killzone VII likes this

VN Lambo 01
  • VN Lambo 01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

I dont think you guys are reading what he is saying. Someone in passive mode attacked HIM. And I think they are able to switch in and out of it as they please.
  • faded_bro4life, yonatan755 and Killzone VII like this

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Okay so some guy put a 10k bounty on my head, so I of course tried to stay alive, thought maybe I could go for the achievement for surviving a day with a bounty on my head, right?

SO, I go to Blaine County since no one in the game is there, instead they're all in Los Santos, and survive for about 20 in game hours. I get a job request to repo a car for Simeon, so I figure I'll just try to avoid people and defend myself and go do this repo. A guy starts chasing me once I get back to LS, so I got away from him, cops are chasing me so I'm trying to get away from them too. While I'm doing that I drive by another player, he's in passive mode so I think "ah, I'll be fine, he can't kill me in passive mode and I can't kill him so I don't worry about it. Before I know it the guy shoots out my tire and then shoots me in the face, ALL WHILE IN PASSIVE MODE MIND YOU. Obviously I'm pissed, I probably only needed to stay alive for another minute or so to get my achievement and it gets ruined by bullsh*t, thanks Rockstar!

You have a BOUNTY on you... What the f*ck do you expect?

UndeadElement
  • UndeadElement

The Company.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

I dont think you guys are reading what he is saying. Someone in passive mode attacked HIM. And I think they are able to switch in and out of it as they please.

if you turn off passive mode a little countdown comes up on the screen showing how long you have left in passive mode, it counts down from like 15 seconds still it doesnt matter they can still kill you regardless..

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, but HE was in passive mode, meaning I couldn't kill HIM, and I THOUGHT people in passive mode couldn't kill others, apparently I was wrong. By enabling passive mode you are literally becoming invincible to other players, which is fine as long as you can't kill others (which is how I determined passive mode working) but apparently that is not the case.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

You lose passive mode when you shoot your gun. That's what happened here.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Passive mode won't work unless rockstar actually makes it that you're invulnerable. Because even if you can't get shot you can still be ran over.

It's ridiculous. But with this new bounty system I can just put a bounty on anyone that kills me. Hurrhurr

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, but HE was in passive mode, meaning I couldn't kill HIM, and I THOUGHT people in passive mode couldn't kill others, apparently I was wrong. By enabling passive mode you are literally becoming invincible to other players, which is fine as long as you can't kill others (which is how I determined passive mode working) but apparently that is not the case.

The moment you pull out your guns, passive mode disconnects. You drove by him while he was in passive mode, he wanted to fight, so he simply pulled out his gun and was no longer in passive mode.

TheDeLuca
  • TheDeLuca

Coding Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

If the person who killed you was in passive mode then that's how it works. They're in passive mode until they shoot there gun. So no bug you just didn't understand it.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

They are, it has a countdown of about 10 seconds. What's f*cked up is you don't know when someone is leaving passive mode. And it was still active when the guy killed me, he still showed up on the map as the little crossed out circle after I died.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

They are, it has a countdown of about 10 seconds. What's f*cked up is you don't know when someone is leaving passive mode. And it was still active when the guy killed me, he still showed up on the map as the little crossed out circle after I died.

This sounds like something you should be reporting to Rockstar. The icon on the map was a bug.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

If the person who killed you was in passive mode then that's how it works. They're in passive mode until they shoot there gun. So no bug you just didn't understand it.

Bullsh*t, I have aimed at people while in passive mode before and it didn't even allow me to shoot. And if that is the case it's still unfair, a guy can run around all day in passive mode coming out of it only to kill people and then going back into passive mode so that they cannot kill him. Plus like I said only the user knows when he's going to de-activate passive mode.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 03 October 2013 - 01:38 AM.

you can jump from passive to active really fast... the moment you draw your weapon, passive mode is off.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

Lol has anyone hired mercenaries to attack some ramdom on gta online lol

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

I think you need to become level 30+ in order for you to gain that ability.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

I think you need to become level 30+ in order for you to gain that ability.

Can't wait to do that, after the one guy pulled that BS I did mark and kill him myself 4 times before the pussy left the game.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Well in their latest update, Rockstar provides an email to write to about your experiences with O. That might be an idea.

xAvenged7x
  • xAvenged7x

A7x foREVer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

I think it may be bugged slightly. I was in an ammu-nation, and I knew there was a guy outside waiting for me, and the second I would open the door he would blow me away even though I didnt do anything (Hate people like that), so I just threw Passive Mode on to try it out and cautiously opened the door. The guy right away started shooting at me with a shotgun, and it worked for a few seconds, so I ran around him taunting him (only because he's a jerk) and then he killed me randomly.

Not complaining, just a funny story :p

• QuietSundayLibrary and Killzone VII like this

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

I think it may be bugged slightly. I was in an ammu-nation, and I knew there was a guy outside waiting for me, and the second I would open the door he would blow me away even though I didnt do anything (Hate people like that), so I just threw Passive Mode on to try it out and cautiously opened the door. The guy right away started shooting at me with a shotgun, and it worked for a few seconds, so I ran around him taunting him (only because he's a jerk) and then he killed me randomly.

Not complaining, just a funny story :p

Yeah PM definitely seems bugged right now, I personally only use it when I'm browsing the internet on my phone because I had a guy roll up and kill me before while doing that. I like the idea that I can't trust people and than any guy might kill me at any given time. I had a guy earlier drive up to me on the road while I was out of my car so I took cover and waited to see if he was planning on shooting at me, he stayed there and we stared at each other for a few seconds and then he drove away. The tension that builds is just so awesome, I love it. But it's not cool that a guy can be invincible and kill me without even cheating, but by exploiting a feature in the game.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

It does work sometimes. Just not consistently.

Mr. Me-Too
  • Mr. Me-Too

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

^^^ this

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I got killed by a guy in passive. So I shot him with my bullpop shotgun but nope no damage to him

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I got killed by a guy in passive. So I shot him with my bullpop shotgun but nope no damage to him

Exactly, Passive Mode is basically God Mode, it's bullsh*t.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

/thread

TC is a fail troll and a wannabe Zee f*ck HIM.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

giphy.gif

• Brad Maddox likes this

Dable
  • Dable

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by Dable, 03 October 2013 - 04:34 AM.

Should take longer to enter and exit passive mode.

The way it is now is def a bit of a joke.. too easy to abuse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users