Photo

You've got to be kidding me.

40 replies to this topic
djc2000
  • djc2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

After a forced update, that I said no to, but it updated anyway a short time later, I can no longer enter cheats in pause. This is BS. I advise everyone to turn off internet access on their PS3 to avoid this crap. I tried deleting the game all toghether, and reinstalling, but it didn't do any good. The saved game data is still in there. Apparently Rockstar enjoys screwing their customers. I will not buy another product from them.

ObiJ0hnkenobi
  • ObiJ0hnkenobi

Trevors best freind

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Don't know how ps3 works I'm on Xbox but it's the title update you want yo delete not the game install or your saves. Try clearing your cache, or Google remove title update ps3

djc2000
  • djc2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by djc2000, 03 October 2013 - 12:46 AM.

Thanks. I'll look into that. But that's pretty Chicken sh!t of Rockstar. Screw them in the future. I will truly never buy any of their products again.

brianmoyano
  • brianmoyano

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

You are not going to buy another R* release just because you cannot cheat a game while you're are in pause? Wow

And what if that was a glitch and need to be repaired? So, that kind of glitch you don't want to be repaired, right?

TheFreightTrain
  • TheFreightTrain

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Dude if you need to cheat in this game, that's kind of lame. Any other GTA game ive needed to cheat to beat, but even I beat this without cheats. Correction, first play threw I had one cheat, a vehicle cheat. Second play threw, None...lol

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Maybe he's just trying to PLAY the game?  Of course you didn't need cheats to beat it, the game holds your hand through everything that isn't freeplay.

This seals the deal. I was getting so close to going online.. Glad I held out

KennyDude
  • KennyDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by KennyDude, 03 October 2013 - 01:28 AM.

After a forced update, that I said no to, but it updated anyway a short time later, I can no longer enter cheats in pause. This is BS. I advise everyone to turn off internet access on their PS3 to avoid this crap. I tried deleting the game all toghether, and reinstalling, but it didn't do any good. The saved game data is still in there. Apparently Rockstar enjoys screwing their customers. I will not buy another product from them.

Try again... Still working for me (ps3); As I'm still able to enter cheats while paused. 

djc2000
  • djc2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

You are not going to buy another R* release just because you cannot cheat a game while you're are in pause? Wow

And what if that was a glitch and need to be repaired? So, that kind of glitch you don't want to be repaired, right?

Short answer..Yes.

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Try again... Still working for me (ps3); As I'm still able to enter cheats while paused. 

This. I've had no problems. Are you sure you're pressing the Start button at the end of the cheat sequence and not a face button or D-pad button?

Ozzy_Osbourne
  • Ozzy_Osbourne

Puttin' on the Ritz

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Still works for me on ps3

Mastahcheech
  • Mastahcheech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Dude if you need to cheat in this game, that's kind of lame. Any other GTA game ive needed to cheat to beat, but even I beat this without cheats. Correction, first play threw I had one cheat, a vehicle cheat. Second play threw, None...lol

Sounds like you cheating in the game... Guess what.. I didnt... Hes not talking about needing cheats for the game you idiot.. Hes talking about using them to mess around. 

Abed Nadir
  • Abed Nadir

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Wow with all the things to complain about, you bitch about this? Rockstar sends its apologies to you that you can't press a few buttons quick enough.

solidsnake210
  • solidsnake210

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the info I'm going to try to squeeze every cent of game money out of this game . They are trying to screw us gamers over and the elitist gamers don't mind getting bent over and taking the c*ckstar

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

You know a game is good when people act like online issues have only ever happened in that single game and complain about cheats of all things.

• Noman1200 and madmanaz like this

Ozzy_Osbourne
  • Ozzy_Osbourne

Puttin' on the Ritz

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:17 AM Edited by Ozzy_Osbourne, 03 October 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Thanks for the info I'm going to try to squeeze every cent of game money out of this game . They are trying to screw us gamers over and the elitist gamers don't mind getting bent over and taking the c*ckstar

Yep, because not complaining if cheats couldn't be entered in the pause menu definitely makes us elitist gamers ready to take rockstar's big ol digital cock.

f*cking hippies, I swear.

solidsnake210
  • solidsnake210

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

If you are happy with rockstar taking things out of the game that was to every ones advantage and your not pissed off and nickel and dime your pockets to death with dlc then ya I guess elitist gamers are ready for the cockstar to rock your world

djc2000
  • djc2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I found out exactly what it is. Before the update, when you hit start, and then triangle to get rid of the map, you could push any of the buttons. Now, after the update, you can still push any button except circle. Circle brings the map back up. And unfortunately most cheats have the circle in them. This is really annoying.

BlaznAngel
  • BlaznAngel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I found out exactly what it is. Before the update, when you hit start, and then triangle to get rid of the map, you could push any of the buttons. Now, after the update, you can still push any button except circle. Circle brings the map back up. And unfortunately most cheats have the circle in them. This is really annoying.

so are the cheats with O still working on the pause menu?

I've always went into the map itself with X and THEN started the cheats.. so even after an O, i'm still at the pause menu..

I've cut off the network on the PS3, so no patches for me lol..

Gonna play it with all the glitches that helped..
There's too many properties that cost mucho money and I have little time to game.. Like literally an hour or two which takes away from the 6 hours of sleep i get lol.

djc2000
  • djc2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:06 PM Edited by djc2000, 03 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

No, the cheats with a circle in the sequence no longer work in pause. I disabled the internet connection also. I may have to delete all the save game data, delete the game, and then reload it. I don't mind starting over as I only finished the first couple of missions anyway. The only bad thing is, it might also delete my GTA4 100% saved game data. Or maybe I'll just wait until a 100% game save with all weapons comes along.

BlaznAngel
  • BlaznAngel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

No, the cheats with a circle in the sequence no longer work in pause. I disabled the internet connection also. I may have to delete all the save game data, delete the game, and then reload it. I don't mind starting over as I only finished the first couple of missions anyway. The only bad thing is, it might also delete my GTA4 100% saved game data. Or maybe I'll just wait until a 100% game save with all weapons comes along.

can you copy the GTA4 save somehow?

why would the V save data affect the IV save data?

(sidenote) anybody else notice the quote system isn't working on this forum now??

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

I noticed that when entering cheats in pause menu often causes the player to press triangle or Y. This places a "Point of Interest" marker on the map which is helpful when actually needed but also annoying when you don't.

1vicissitude
  • 1vicissitude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just delete the game utility file and re-install it, then don't update it. You updated, you some how clicked it at one point or another. The update is not forced on you.

Mystery_Gamer
  • Mystery_Gamer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

The cheats with multiple cirlces didn't work in pause before the patch. Like the explosive melee cheat, i've always started that in pause and it's always unpaused halfway through, but i just finished the combo and it turned on.

• BlaznAngel likes this

Jbaker1121
  • Jbaker1121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

boo hoo you can't use the crappy available cheats

Ozzy_Osbourne
  • Ozzy_Osbourne

Puttin' on the Ritz

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

That's peculiar, because the super jump cheat still works just fine when in pause for me. Worked pre- and post- patch.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

play the game properly and stop entering cheats. why do kids insist on cheating???

Mystery_Gamer
  • Mystery_Gamer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

play the game properly and stop entering cheats. why do kids insist on cheating???

For fun. Seriously? You couldn't 2 seconds to figure that out?

• Immigration likes this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

you got another 6 years to start fresh and make your billions.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Because it is in the game? It is fun to sometimes go on a rampage and not worry about it. Why bag on someone playing SP?

I have yet to use a cheat because I am not sure how the mechanics work towards 360 achievements but it doesn't sully me about putting some in later.

iammnotbatman
  • iammnotbatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

everyone needs to grow up at the people that use the cheats....dont get mad that we use cheats when ROCKSTAR put them in there to be used!!! obvs you dont use them in story mode but you still cant use them after your done with the game....grow up cheats are made to have fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users