Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this how people are going to play this game?

64 replies to this topic
sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by sneety, 03 October 2013 - 12:07 AM.

People just don't understand the concept of GTA...

I think they do, it's just some like to abuse the utter hell out of it. But yeah, stalk their asses down, dude haha  get some revenge :p

Brooksburgh
  • Brooksburgh

Satire

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I haven't really been bothered by it. Just always be aware of how close people are to you on the map. I personally enjoy wondering if this guy coming up near me is going to try and shoot so just always have my gun out and prepare to duck to cover. Thankfully, so far, everyone who's tried shooting at me has been pretty noob and flat out miss their opening shots at me. The key is to just be ready. Also, I haven't messed with the passive mode but that's something to consider?

Yeah this is key.

I usually put my gun out when I see people headed towards me. If they seem chill and doing their own thing I let them be and put my piece away. 

Cleverley1986
  • Cleverley1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I allso found one of the punks robbing a store, i started shooting at him, so he had to hide inside the store, then i just waited for the cops and let them overwhelm him inside the store while I drove off into the sunset

Pretty sure that "punk" was me. Were you in a suit?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by aR2k, 03 October 2013 - 12:09 AM.

I allso found one of the punks robbing a store, i started shooting at him, so he had to hide inside the store, then i just waited for the cops and let them overwhelm him inside the store while I drove off into the sunset

Pretty sure that "punk" was me. Were you in a suit?

A suit jacket yes :p in a car, a white and black Futo i believe

Angie94
  • Angie94

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

I think you only lose a $100 when another player kills you

you lose more than that. I always lose like 4000 dollars. each time someone kills me they continue to kill me everytime I spawn. Some people chase me in a car all over the map just to kill me. It pisses me off.

chief greenbud
  • chief greenbud

smokin crack in a cardboard box

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

I thought i was in a game by myself. So i got to rob a 24/7 and someone starts shooting me from outside (im guessing to take the money i just stole). I killed him with melee and laughed my ass off. 10 minutes later i went to rob another store and another guy tries killing me after i get the cash and it didn't work out for him either. 3rd time i rob a store the guy was waiting in the back with a shotgun and got me. bastards

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

you lose more than that. I always lose like 4000 dollars. each time someone kills me they continue to kill me everytime I spawn. Some people chase me in a car all over the map just to kill me. It pisses me off.

Put a hit on them

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

go on passive then pussy

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I've never approached a random player to kill them without a reason. I've always killed them if it suits my interests, such as for a bounty, or whether they've tried to kill me/a friend. What pisses me off is when you kill them, go to the otherside of the map and turn around to see him following you; what is the point? They have no logic behind their game, they're just grief. They kill people for a lousy $100? No, they kill them because they find it fun to see the other person get a $2000 medical bill. I've spent majority of my time doing missions in private lobbies; if I go into an open lobby, it's just pathetic. It needs to change.

Angie94
  • Angie94

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

go on passive then pussy

the last time I went on passive mode they still killed me

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

It's been like this since IV and it will never change. You don't want it to happen?

Get Passive or Get Good.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Get with a crew, or go to a room where you can't kill.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

go on passive then pussy

Where's your logic? There's death matches for people who randomly kill you, not a f*cking lobby where it's basically an MMO.

f*cking idiot.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

Some guy just had passive mode on and we couldn't kill each other, so it does work. Sometimes.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

After finishing a mission, always deposit your money to Mazebank on your phone.

Hazevamp
  • Hazevamp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

I managed to get on with a temporary character and I can already see how other players are going to be  a pain in my a**.

I was driving my car and a player came out of nowhere and shoot me up.

I then began robbing stores and doing my thing, running from the cops and these guys show up trying to kill me so I pretty much took out one guy but his friend got an instant kill.  I robbed another store and while running from the police the same guy comes back but with a car full of dudes and killed me. Then when I got out the hospital he showed up and I put myself in passive mode thinking I can just walk away, then he ran me over with his car. lol!! Then it turns out I was in a death match. I had no idea how I got into a freaking death match, I was just in one.

The game is fun but I don't want to be thrown into random death matches.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

That doesn't work, the money for the hospital bill still comes out of your money

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

I think the odd 'murder' in free roam is to be expected, but trolling is ridiculous, I have made a point of carrying very little cash, just enough to enable passive mode (still think paying for it is stupid and they should have an option for passive servers and an option for classic free mode from GTA IV) 

Having said that I do enjoy it when you get the better of somebody who is trying to troll you, earlier this evening (after numerous attempts to join a server on 360) I spawned and some noob instantly started trying to troll me with a Packer even though he had a lot of cops on him, he kept running over me stopping me from getting back up, I managed to get back up eventually with very little health left and he drove into a pole or something, I managed to quickly hold Y and eject him from his vehicle and he was instantly killed by the cops, I stole his $2000 and went about my business, he never bothered me for the rest of the session  :lol:

Angie94
  • Angie94

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I do. U have to pay medical bills wen u die

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

I hate the respawn system. If I kill a guy in self defense he respawns 30 feet away? If some little troll kills me, I respawn 30 feet away? I also don't like how you can still be killed in passive mode. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Go and stalk them in passive mode, pissed of a lot of people that way. :D

I went into passive mode to send some messages to friends and kept getting killed....? Couldn't even shoot back. 

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

The first player I actually met was going to a LTS mission start and we ended up playing against each other. I went on a roof then snuck behind him/her and won

Brooksburgh
  • Brooksburgh

Satire

• Members

I do. U have to pay medical bills wen u die

Obamacare ain't kicked in yet. 

• JustOneMonth likes this

A-Lonely-Dragon
  • A-Lonely-Dragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

I tried out the passive mode, you still take damage from people running you over.. Someone said you can be shot when in a car but i'm not sure about that. I can however say for sure that all bullets ghost straight through you when on foot.

FidelityNy
  • FidelityNy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

I get the feeling 50% of the people on GTA: Online are new to GTA. All I heard was screaming when someone got killed. You kill me you better run for your life because I won't stop. That's how you have to play Free Mode, kill them (the person bothering you) before they kill you. They'll call Truce after a while.

Josh_
  • Josh_

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

I had a guy in passive mode who could shoot me on one...

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Play free aim lobbies you wont die in an instant. Ive ran into a lot of cool people in the short time ive played and we just team up and anyone that tries to f*ck with is gets f*cked up and stops trying and goes after someone more vulnerable lol.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

I tried out the passive mode, you still take damage from people running you over.. Someone said you can be shot when in a car but i'm not sure about that. I can however say for sure that all bullets ghost straight through you when on foot.

Passive mode only works when on foot, it says so when you enable it. That doesn't stop people from running into you with their cars though. So basically if you're on foot and they're shooting at you then your safe. Anything else and you're dead. There's almost no point. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Every 10 seconds I get killed by someone. Is that all people are going to do?

They don't know you, so they shoot first, instead of getting shot themselves.

You want to play with friends and/or people inside a crew for teamwork, or talk to people before running in front of their gun.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Do you have a Crew yet Angie?

I recommend playing with Friends, and inviting Friends and Crew to your game after Tutorial is done :)

Then they won't dare attack you like that :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users