We need to go back to Liberty City with GTA VI

90 replies to this topic
BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

No we've had enough with Liberty City. VI should be set in Vice City.

igottapi4
  • igottapi4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

God I hope not. I HATE Liberty City. I would love if they revisit VC though. VC and LS are my fave maps. I didnt even finish GTAIV because LC drives me insane.

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

No we've had enough with Liberty City. VI should be set in Vice City.

I think the next GTA should be set on 8 cities and counties for next gen

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Everyone is saying the same thing: Liberty City has been done too many times. But the HD LC has actually been done just twice (not counting the story packs from GTA IV). Would it be redundant to re-re-imagine Liberty City? Hell yeah it would, but cut the developers a little slack. I didn't even know the 3D LC was based on NYC when I played in it. 

When it's time to start pre-production for the next GTA game, I'm sure R* will take a long look at what kind of software they have to work with and consider which city works best with the plot of their next story. By that time, GTA: VC will be, what, 15 years old? 

Or maybe they start an entirely new canon with cities we haven't seen before. Who knows?

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

Liberty City is awful. Grey, dirty and full of Albanians.

Pro wrestler
  • Pro wrestler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

Take V's graphics and IV's physics and stick them in another Liberty City remake with GTA VI. It's the perfect marriage. They could've done this with V but R* broke down due to all the whiners that can't handle IV's physics that require more skill to master.

Hell no! It is time we get a brand new city. Liberty city can wait until the generation after the next generation to be the setting for a GTA-game. It has been done.

esparado87
  • esparado87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

GTA  V Online will have more citys...no need to wait to GTA VI

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

No. LC is a depressing city, lacks colour and empty. I'd prefer if they went either back to Vice City or make a completely new one. 

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

I want Vice City, It's probably most likely. I also think San Fierro and Las Venturas are possible.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

What would be the point of revisiting every city R* has done so far?

TheIrishGTAfan
  • TheIrishGTAfan

I will eat you!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

I personally loved GTA4, but there was let downs. The city was boring the vehicles were good, but still, there wasn't many Easter eggs. GTAV is a total heaven, the crash physics in the vehicles weren't great, like a head on collision, super fast speed, a tiny scratch :/. But bits fall off :D. Though I think a spin-off should be made before 6. For the SO, Hawaii? Hmmm, what great name for Hawaii....... Kowa? And for VI, not just Vice Cuty, but the whole state plus a parody of Orlando and maybe Tampa!

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

No, no no.

We've already seen Liberty City so many times, we don't need it again. Let alone, the engine to V is a great improvement to the horrible controls that were in IV. I don't want to ever touch IV again, I had to drag myself through the boring missions and story that took itself way too seriously.

What they need to do is find a new place. Miami has been covered, New York has been run into the ground, now southern California has been done.

Better yet I would like to see a remake of San Fierro and the expand on it adding all the beaches and lakes, and then further up north re-do the Las Venturas and make it huge.

I do not ever want to go back to Vice City. Seeing the route that Rockstar is taking by using a game series called "Grand Theft Auto" and trying to humanize every protagonist and make the stories so seriously, I cannot see them ruining something that was so gold and didn't try to take itself seriously with a remake of Vice City.

Tek9blaster
  • Tek9blaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

no i'm so tired of wannabe american city's.....what's next ?  san fierro ? las venturas ? gta london ,british sh*t ? boooring ,something in asia,middle east ,eastern-europe sounds better

Do you even know what modern London is like? Can guarantee you it would not be boring.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

no i'm so tired of wannabe american city's.....what's next ?  san fierro ? las venturas ? gta london ,british sh*t ? boooring ,something in asia,middle east ,eastern-europe sounds better

Asia? Middle East? Eastern Europe? That is for you a better choice?

dKFED3i.jpg

INF3RN040
  • INF3RN040

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Do you even know what modern London is like? Can guarantee you it would not be boring.

yes i know what 'modern' london is you can take it ,  

RoadRunner71@ why? because f*ck you that's why

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

I loved LC, but no.

The next GTA has to be based in 1970's San Fierro. They city sucked in SA, so they have an opportunity to redo it properly, in the decade where it was at it's highpoint (plus they've never done a 70's based GTA, so it would be something new)

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

No more Liberty City! I don't want to see GTA return to it until AT LEAST PS5/Xbox Two (ha). Even then it better have a full state and not just based on NYC. It needs to have a bigger NYC with more suburban/countryside/mountain areas (not sure what NY state is actually like). 

GTA VI needs to go to Vice City. We need a HD version! 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

RoadRunner71@ why? because f*ck you that's why

39c.jpg

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 03 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

I'd like to see an HD version of Vice City before another LC based GTA game.

Oh yeah, inb4themassiveflamewar :/

I don't think that they should do Vice City again. A modern day Vice City would be boring. 

Setting it to the 80's or late 70's, with one protagonist (or stay on multiple portag.)  and add some special stuff that will make game unique, like switching protagonist did in V, plus on next gen, many new great things could be possible. Then i think it would be one of best Rockstar's games, and it will give us back old good feeling. It could possibly be my favorite GTA, and make me feel like only VC did. Many people here are for VC in VI in 80's. About LC, a big NO for it and for Chicago, it would be almost same as LC, since there's not so much different between LC and Chicago, plus we were in LC many times, so Vice City (Miami) would be best option for next GTA.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 03 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

I don't think that they should do Vice City again. A modern day Vice City would be boring. 

Setting it to the 80's or late 70's, with one protagonist (or stay on multiple portag.)  and add some special stuff that will make game unique, like switching protagonist did in V, plus on next gen, many new great things could be possible. Then i think it would be one of best Rockstar's games, and it will give us back old good feeling. It could possibly be my favorite GTA, and make me feel like only VC did. Many people here are for VC in VI in 80's. About LC, a big NO for it and for Chicago, it would be almost same as LC, since there's not so much different between LC and Chicago, plus we were in LC many times, so Vice City (Miami) would be best option for next GTA.

Chicago gets hate on this forum, but yet people want GTA 6 in Miami when California and Florida are the same f*cking place. GTAForums can be a retarded, illogical, and hypocritical place sometimes.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Chicago gets hate on this forum, but yet people want GTA 6 in Florida when California and Florida are the same f*cking place. GTAForums makes no sense sometimes.

I don't think it gets hate, only that people seems to want the same places over and over...  :dozing: Chicago would be a quite attractive place.

• Tek9blaster likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Why not do what GTA 3 did. Make a city, but don't base it on anything in particular, know what I mean? Even a generic city based on a specific geographical region of America can prove interesting. Don't believe me? Look at III-era Liberty City

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Chicago gets hate on this forum, but yet people want GTA 6 in Miami when California and Florida are the same f*cking place. GTAForums can be a retarded, illogical, and hypocritical place sometimes.

LA and Miami are different and have things that makes them unique and gives them it's own feeling, are V or VC or SA totally same for you? I don't think so, while LC and Chicago are more like same. And Watch dogs...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Speaking of retarded, illogical and hypocritical this post takes the cake. Since when are Florida and California the same place? I'm not even American and that's the most retarded bullsh*t I have ever heard.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a big chuck of sh*t in your head occupying the space where your brain's meant to be.

• Tycek and Ermac like this

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

No more liberty city, please for the love of god.

That city has been used too many times in the series now.

Give us Vice City! 

JohnGTA
  • JohnGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

No Liberty City...not in the coming 30 years please. GTA 3 was fantastic, but GTA 4 was a bit disappointing. Infrastructure was a hell, all concrete, a Russian guy. No, that didn't do it for me. GTA 5 is awesome. Only played 4 or 5 missions, but I can't get enough of getting chased by the police thrue those mountains, and discover area's every day where there is a lot to do. I can't even fly now and I think this is the best game ever made.
GTA 6 should be in Vice City in my opinion. Based on the '80's style. But I have 1 problem with that: Mountains...there are no mountains in Vice City.

Niko Vercetti 112 suggested San Fierro '70's style. I totally agree with him. Never done the '70's  and San Fierro properly sounds great. Chicago would also be great. I'm from Holland and even I know Chicago doesn't look like NYC at all. Especially if they do Chicago in 1931 style. But then we would have a car problem. There were a few and they would have no speed.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Modern Vice City is good as a GTAO add-on, not for a main game; Miami's 80's were its best days, but now, it would be worst choice.
We need Las Venturas, San Fierro, or a new city like Chicago, Detroit, etc.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'm sorry, but unless it was just a handheld spin-off, no. Liberty City is the most overused location in the series. Give us Vice City, San Fierro, Las Venturas or even a new city like Chicago or Houston.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hell no.  No Liberty City.  They did that great in IV but Rockstar needs to use new locations!  Maybe for GTA VIII or IX but not VI or even VII. 

BestInTheWorld
  • BestInTheWorld

God

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'd love to see a reimagined VC but it would be the same thing as LS. They should make a game based on New Mexico.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users