Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else here doesn't give a f*ck about online?

85 replies to this topic
Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by Sevenpatch, 02 October 2013 - 10:16 PM.

worked hard my ass

Make your own game then tell everyone how easy it is.

I'm not a R* employee but I am a software developer, I can't stand morons that don't actually know anything about software development that pretend oh, its easy, just work hard.  Fock you, it's not easy.

On Topic:

I don't care about online either, when R* irons out the problems, I'll play online for the fun of it, but I'm still enjoying SP.

My life doesn't revolve around GTA, so I only have a few hours maybe a day to play.  I have a job and something that kind of resembles a social life.  I didn't have 10+ hours a day to beat the game in a week.

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not paying a monthly sub to play online, so why bitch about something that is in fact free.  If you got at least 40 hours of entertainment from SP, you got your moneys worth, online is just a bonus at that point.

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

i rarely ever care about online playing. its usually just see who can kill each other the most within a time limit. but im loving this game single player still finding stuff to do.

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

If you are gamer over 23 plus years of age, i guess you wont care much about online for games like gta, for me personally, id rather play a game with a long solid singleplayer than the multiplayers, i mean i am sure im not the only one who finished gta san andreas, vice city or gta 3 more than twice-

• John Smith likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'll get around to playing online but I'll wait for the hoopla to calm down. Probably next month.

In the meantime, I still have lots of hidden packages to find for 100% so it's all good.

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I most likely won't even play online at all.  I buy all the GTA's for the single player aspect.  I love collecting and modding cars, planes, collecting all the weapons, doing missions, and going on rampages in random locations, and most of all, this is especially the case for GTA 5, is exploring.  The island is amazing to just start driving down roads and you'll come across random building complex's.  Rockstar really did an amazing job putting the environment together.

Online just doesn't appeal to me.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

If you are gamer over 23 plus years of age, i guess you wont care much about online for games like gta, for me personally, id rather play a game with a long solid singleplayer than the multiplayers, i mean i am sure im not the only one who finished gta san andreas, vice city or gta 3 more than twice-

^This  :^:

Unfortunately, the 12 year old's voices are heard loudest.

• chilleverest likes this

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

All I ever played on GTA IV was the races. That's the only thing I really look forward to online, it seems everyone is too good at shooting and I died all the time on 4 unless I had friendly fire off. I am pretty interested to spend some time online when they fix the issues but I can wait. I was a little pissed off when I first noticed I couldn't play online but the SP is good enough for me to chill out on.

When they do eventually fix it, all the people that are hating on Rockstar will be licking their arse's again.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hate online. GTA IV was way to easy to dominate in. I'm predicting V is gonna be more of the same. It gets boring quickly when you are one of the best players online

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Nope I'm a sp guy myself and never had any interest in GTAO. Sad part is is that there's so much content just for mp that it's bullsh*t. Its even more bullsh*t that people who do like mp can't even use it. I do believe in R* 100% but damn this don't look so good and these little kids are gonna run off to other titles before this gets fully sorted I believe.

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

I tried a few games online, and it always had those annoying little kids you just want to strangle. I don't care about online, but when it affects SP thats when it ticks me off. I'd never buy a game just for the online aspect.

Broken Condom Kid
  • Broken Condom Kid

The Loser

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

I mean almost everyone is stressing out making topics of how Rockstar is stupid or they don't care.Am I the single one in here who doesn't give a f*ck about online and just play the game?

Rockstar worked really hard on this game and they don't deserve this.

personally, i only want online so me and my crew and go and do hiest together, in sp, I had so much fun offroading in the mountains, i did a 360 spin, i did some flips on bikes, i blew up like 16 Ballers (Range Rovers) alone, dont get me started on Phoenixs and Dominators. GTA IV SP was boring, it was a city with nothing extra, with these mountains, I can entertain myself offroading for at least the next 2-3 years

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

This  :^:

I feel exactly the same way.

I most likely won't even play online at all.  I buy all the GTA's for the single player aspect.  I love collecting and modding cars, planes, collecting all the weapons, doing missions, and going on rampages in random locations, and most of all, this is especially the case for GTA 5, is exploring.  The island is amazing to just start driving down roads and you'll come across random building complex's.  Rockstar really did an amazing job putting the environment together.

Online just doesn't appeal to me.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Some MP features not in SP, only thing I don't like.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

ill play online but its not like im going to go beat on my family or set and cry cause i cant.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

I wouldn't say that I don't give a f*ck about GTA Online, but I certainly don't care about it to the extent of most of the people on this forum who are absolutely raging about it not working properly.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

f*ck online

I wish they would focus on singleplayer once again

I am actually glad now that online is f*cked up maybe they will learn from it

Xubaca
  • Xubaca

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'm 97% done and want to play with friends, doing the 700 coop missions and all fun online

So yes, i f*cking care about online ;)

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

I made a post about how online ruined video games. Its not the online multiplayer feature itself, but Its the fact that developers just spend more time and effort alone on this bull than the actual game itself, 

taking features out of the game itself, Only to put it multiplayer is a dick move, very stupid idea, considering single player used to be the core of gaming, Now, Stupid online has taken over, and many things from the game were sacrificed for it. 

F online, F It 

brianmoyano
  • brianmoyano

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Once you finish the main missions, and the extra ones, you will not have nothing more to do, just driving around and bored.

So, the online it's just an alternative.

PS: I say this, because i finished the game, and i'm bored. I don't know what to do, and waited for this game so many years. I don't if the problem it's me for expecting so much more, or if R* disappointed me.

grozza
  • grozza

Cars n sh*t

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Yes, I'm more of a single player fan myself. It's what the true GTA game is, not this online bullsh*t. I just hope rockstar doesn't forget about single player and not bring out updates and dlc for it. That would suck

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

HA! But the thing is that there are third side! The people who find both single-player and multi-player experience equally sh*tty! So i've got a question, what would you suggest those people to do! Okay i got it, you're the ones who don't care for online, but are okay with SP in this game have a place to get back to, but what about US, those who complain equally about offline and online (or better yet, who doesn't care about online at all and hate what offline turned out to be!)? Could you understand how WE feel? i bet you couldn't...

downbounty
  • downbounty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

I like SP but online is pretty damn good with the robbing and properties

ek999
  • ek999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Online gaming is mostly for the 'coll of jooty' generation who only care about going online to "blo up der fwends lolz".....

That's the best thing about any multiplayer is killing your friends, online or offline, and always has been. Battle mode in the orignal Mario Kart MP was better than just having races against friends. MP was a hell of a lot more fun in 007 than the SP campaign. These are games that are 15-20 years so it isn't a new thing

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

After finally being able to play GTAO I think it'll be good while it lasts, but I'll always be a SP guy. It was the case with GTA IV, RDR and MP3 also.

I do like online, but nothing beats SP IMO.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Online is fun but like all games warn, you have to accept it is a very different environment. Expect people to be cheap, to kill you when you least would like anyone to, and to be trolled during basically any form of vehicular race.

Single player has always been my comfort zone no matter what game we're talking about. I can make exceptions for Black Ops but nothing beats playing a single player campaign. The immersion, the opportunity to let it soak in, the peacefulness.. online can get a little crazy and it's definitely not for everyone, especially with regard to Grand Theft Auto.

I remember back in the Vice City MTA days. Being so exicted to lag at 56k next to another dude who was playing GTA with me from a PC lord knows where and lag shooting him then rushing to hit T so I could type some smack talk that would be processed a whole 30 seconds late.

Rockstar will NEVER replicate the excitement that the Vice City multiplayer mod generated.

They can try, and boy they will try, but it just won't beat nostalgia. Not with how Passive mode does not work as advertised. Etc etc etc.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Once you finish the main missions, and the extra ones, you will not have nothing more to do, just driving around and bored.

So, the online it's just an alternative.

PS: I say this, because i finished the game, and i'm bored. I don't know what to do, and waited for this game so many years. I don't if the problem it's me for expecting so much more, or if R* disappointed me.

Nothing to do? Let's see:

-cars to customise

-sports to play

-triathlons to do

-random encounters to do

-animal hunting

-skydiving

-huge ass map to explore (including ocean)

And that's all I can think of right now. How can you possibly be bored?...

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Why would you even think that? They've been bragging about Online for the past 3 years and f*cked up on release day.

They made over $1 billion and that was only in 3 days, so you can't just assume that they're faultless.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

I think what is different for alot of us today as opposed to the GTA3 and Vice days is our inability to imagine our way through our play sessions. For me SP remains to be a lot of fun because I attempt to immerse myself into the game to the point where its more fun to obey traffic laws and keep my gun holstered than to take part in arguably meaningless rampages with squeekers from around the world.

Once I sort out my issues and grab a brand new disc from Gamestop, I'm going to stick to SP at least until I know the server issues are corrected and even then it will only be to race. None of this deathmatch crap that eats up your bank account with its highly overpriced hospital bill system.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

I do care about online, however I am willing to wait for it to be playable. Meanwhile I still play the SP.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'll give the online mode a try next month after I am done with horror movie stuff, but I don't really care about it either.  The ability to perform heists are the only things I am interested in really, but I'm not even sure how those are going to work online.  I may end up playing online for 3 hours like I have with every other game I play the online mode to and then never go back to it.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users