Photo

Site Idea: Voting!

10 replies to this topic
stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Inspired by the GTA IV and ONLINE voting system I think this site needs a voting system for threads, to stop multiple spamming and complaining threads and to help others be directing to one centeral thread for their problems I think threads should have a voting system..

16 votes gets the thread deleted, one vote per I.P to stop greifing and abuse.
the people before hand can then redirect them to a centeral thread that includes the problems/complaints needed among other things before deletion takes effect.

I believe this nessercary for the GTA V section especially considering that place is flooded with whiners, troll threads and the like.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Terrible idea. For one: People will just vote for the thread to be deleted depending on his/her's likeness for the OP or just troll and vote for the thread to be deleted.  Many members here have for the most part different IP's. To put it in short: The feature will be abused.

• Matty likes this

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Terrible idea. For one: People will just vote for the thread to be deleted depending on his/her's likeness for the OP or just troll and vote for the thread to be deleted.  Many members here have for the most part different IP's. To put it in short: The feature will be abused.

I doubt they'd be 16 of them. and no. it wont be abused providing the right systems are in place.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

No. Ace has said it all.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Vote system, really?

So anytime I want to make a topic relating to something I like or something that the community can be a part of, I have to wait for a voting to take place.. nah, I don't think so.

It's best to just use that little report feature if you see a thread that's spam, NSFW, etc and let the Staff take care of it. The entirety of GTAF isn't like Crews & Gangs section nor GTA V, so no need for a Voting system.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Vote system, really?

So anytime I want to make a topic relating to something I like or something that the community can be a part of, I have to wait for a voting to take place.. nah, I don't think so.

It's best to just use that little report feature if you see a thread that's spam, NSFW, etc and let the Staff take care of it. The entirety of GTAF isn't like Crews & Gangs section nor GTA V, so no need for a Voting system.

No. the Thread is posted. People can vote on it AFTERwards. 
Much like a player beingi n a game, you can vote for them to being kicked still.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

No need for that.. a staff member overlooks topics and if it's worthy of deletion or being locked, then they will do it. Just report man.. it's the quickest way for a Staff member to see any problems.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

All official gangs have at least 16 members. If you want roving gangs of veteran members who hate new members with the ability to votelock, then this is a good system.

Just send reports, it's easier. If there is any merit, we lock it.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

The Karma system back in the day was messy enough. Something to warrant topic deletion would be even messier.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

All official gangs have at least 16 members. If you want roving gangs of veteran members who hate new members with the ability to votelock, then this is a good system.

Just send reports, it's easier. If there is any merit, we lock it.

Hey now, why you picking on the great OGA? Don't you think the unofficals, which have more active members, be more likely to cause trouble with this?

Either way, this isn't that good of an idea.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I think anuj was talking about the fact that a few OGA members like to pick on new members for sometimes no reason at all or silly reasons. Honestly, I don't see this happening anymore, in-fact I see more normal members picking on new members (and most of the time they aren't in any un-official gang) it used to happen a lot a year ago or so. I also remember some members complaining about The OGA's attitude towards newer members some months back, the Sgt. Foley and Melchior incident for example. 

And it won't be hard to find 16 people who like to troll for the fun of it. Remember this is the V section we are talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users