Photo

Two xbox's one house cannot connect to GTA ONLINE

15 replies to this topic
BigMarty1987
  • BigMarty1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Works fine with any other game. But if my brother is playing gta online I cannot play, and vice versa. Keeps saying cloud servers not available. Why does rockstar servers only support one device (xbox) per IP address, when games like bf3 and cod work just fine. Anyone experiencing this issue? Or found a solution?

At this point we would both like to play at the same time, we don't even care if we can be in the same session.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

wait a few days

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

cockstar fail 

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Works fine with any other game. But if my brother is playing gta online I cannot play, and vice versa. Keeps saying cloud servers not available. Why does rockstar servers only support one device (xbox) per IP address, when games like bf3 and cod work just fine. Anyone experiencing this issue? Or found a solution?

At this point we would both like to play at the same time, we don't even care if we can be in the same session.

If people around the world are having difficulty connecting one xbox to the game, I think your chances of connecting 2 simultaneously are a little premature. I'd give it till the weekend if I were you.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

it will become available in a few weeks or so (if you know what i mean)

RizV
  • RizV

Rat

• Members

same for me... cloud servers unavaiable

they could have told me this before i lost my fresjly bought apartment, lost 30k$ and deranked from 20 to 17... fml

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

I have this problem with Forza 4. I had two TV's in my bedroom. So My buddy would bring over his Xbox and connect to my wireless (I was hardwired)

We would be able to start our own lobby together and have people join, but if he and I tried to join a friends lobby, only 1 of us could join and the other would timeout.

Was very frustrating.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've ran into this common-ish fault with PC games. I.e when i was at uni with 4+ players, Check your router settings and google the problem but first I would just wait, your lucky even one of you are on so take it in turns and enjoy while millions of others play this awesome game where we look at a black screen and it says error in the middle.

BigMarty1987
  • BigMarty1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Agreed I'll wait to see when servers are stabilized

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

did you pay for that 2nd copy, or did you just download it twice from the same account? maybe they're cracking down on theft..

BigMarty1987
  • BigMarty1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

did you pay for that 2nd copy, or did you just download it twice from the same account? maybe they're cracking down on theft..

No we both purchased our own copy of the game

Pieczony Kurczak und Bier
  • Pieczony Kurczak und Bier

Half German, half Polish. Beer lover and car thief!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Two Xbox one House = Two girls one cup
Better PlayStation

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Two Xbox one House = Two girls one cup
Better PlayStation

Bought both my playstation and xbox in the same year.

Playstation is dead, optical drive burned out a year ago.

Xbox is still alive and kicking.

Both are release models.

Just sayin.

• Carl_Van_Dem likes this

Carl_Van_Dem
  • Carl_Van_Dem

Bumbaclot! Babylon . . .

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

I have a question that is related to this topic. 

First I bought the normal GTA 5 on xbox and played that for a while. 

Then I bought the collector's edition of GTA 5 on xbox. I created a new xbox gamertag and a new Social Club ID, because I wanted to rule out any chance of problems. I have only used the collector's edition since then. Is it possible to play the old normal GTA with the previous xbox gamertag and previous Social Club ID occassionally? (Provided I always put in the correct disc, i.e. the disc that corresponds to a certain gamertag and Social Club ID). Or could this cause confusion and errors for the game, the xbox, xbox live or GTA Online? 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have a question that is related to this topic. 

First I bought the normal GTA 5 on xbox and played that for a while. 

Then I bought the collector's edition of GTA 5 on xbox. I created a new xbox gamertag and a new Social Club ID, because I wanted to rule out any chance of problems. I have only used the collector's edition since then. Is it possible to play the old normal GTA with the previous xbox gamertag and previous Social Club ID occassionally? (Provided I always put in the correct disc, i.e. the disc that corresponds to a certain gamertag and Social Club ID). Or could this cause confusion and errors for the game, the xbox, xbox live or GTA Online? 

I don't think there will be any problems no matter what disc you use with either gamer tag. Worse case scenario is you can't buy the hotknife, carbon, or khamelion online without a glitch. There is a chance the CE cars will be invisible in your garage but still available from the mechanic.
  • Carl_Van_Dem likes this

Carl_Van_Dem
  • Carl_Van_Dem

Bumbaclot! Babylon . . .

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, WBaker!  :colgate: I think I dare to try it now. The worst case scenario doesn't sound so bad. 

:santa:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users