Photo

Official Character Deletion Thread

303 replies to this topic
svojan
  • svojan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

:( i see lots of people lost too ... i lost level 7 character with like ... 10k - 20k :(

RavenJason36
  • RavenJason36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Reading this thread, I'm glad to be one of the lucky ones that hasn't gotten my character deleted. Although I haven't played that long 3-4 hrs? However, earlier today I was playing for about an hour with my friend just messing around. Even though I didn't do much, the progress from that session wasn't saved.
Hopefully the servers come back up within the next few hours. I'm dying to play, but not taking the chances of my character disappearing.

IomMeza
  • IomMeza

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

The cloud is back up to me, and yet I still don't have my character back although I got some money in the bank.
It doesn't look so good to me :(

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Reading this thread, I'm glad to be one of the lucky ones that hasn't gotten my character deleted. Although I haven't played that long 3-4 hrs? However, earlier today I was playing for about an hour with my friend just messing around. Even though I didn't do much, the progress from that session wasn't saved.
Hopefully the servers come back up within the next few hours. I'm dying to play, but not taking the chances of my character disappearing.

I'm starting to wonder whether my character is gone for good but my money has been saved? I'm not going to be hasty though... I know how bad the server situation is right now. I'll wait and see... if nothing can be done by the weekend, I'll make a new one. :/ 

Redeemer117
  • Redeemer117

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I just want to know... since only 2 character slots are unlocked/available at the beginning and seeing that I have made 3 characters (All of which have disappeared), what's going to happen if they find their way out of that cloud and back to their home? Will I lose my 3rd character? My first? 

There seems to be a million problems with this game and I don't expect R* to answer to all of them but there are a few major ones that should have already been addressed by R*.

Their behaviour in this mess is very unprofessional. You want to keep your community happy? You want to keep all those fans you've acquired? Then throw us a f*cking bone or something.

Also, even though I won't take part in micro-transactions, I actually feel bad for those who have and lost it. That's real money. And regardless of what your stance is, that issue should be addressed first and foremost. R* could have a massive lawsuit on their hands regarding this. But yes, doing the micro-transaction thing at this point in time with these garbage servers is a very bad call in the first place but the blame should not be put on the people purchasing an available product. R* should have taken that sh*t offline before this even launched.

amoratisd
  • amoratisd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

My chars rank got halfed to 9 and lost half of my money now on 250k (i bought money)....

... How did you buy money? I looked at the shark cards and they weren't available but now seeing as everyone is having problems I'm rather glad I wasn't able to. 

IomMeza
  • IomMeza

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well I guess our characters are definitely gone for good, although we got some money back.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I just want to know... since only 2 character slots are unlocked/available at the beginning and seeing that I have made 3 characters (All of which have disappeared), what's going to happen if they find their way out of that cloud and back to their home? Will I lose my 3rd character? My first? 

There seems to be a million problems with this game and I don't expect R* to answer to all of them but there are a few major ones that should have already been addressed by R*.

Their behaviour in this mess is very unprofessional. You want to keep your community happy? You want to keep all those fans you've acquired? Then throw us a f*cking bone or something.

Also, even though I won't take part in micro-transactions, I actually feel bad for those who have and lost it. That's real money. And regardless of what your stance is, that issue should be addressed first and foremost. R* could have a massive lawsuit on their hands regarding this. But yes, doing the micro-transaction thing at this point in time with these garbage servers is a very bad call in the first place but the blame should not be put on the people purchasing an available product. R* should have taken that sh*t offline before this even launched.

We can only assume that if you made a character in a specific slot that got deleted, leading you to make another, that the original character is lost forever as you have overwritten it. 

So, for example:

- Let's assume that I create a character from slot 1 and play for an hour before losing him

- Then I create another character using the second slot and play for an hour before losing him too

- I then create a character in slot 1 again - I think this is when your original slot 1 character disappears permanently. Your slot 2 will remain as you haven't overwritten him.

Of course, this all depends on the cloud being available when you create the characters and that it saves their stats. :/

• Weedity likes this

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well I guess our characters are definitely gone for good, although we got some money back.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I wouldn't overwrite your character slot either... :/

TCB23
  • TCB23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Haven't lost my character, spent all day saving up for the 87k home, finally buy it someone kicks me I go back on and my home is gone, have the exact money that I had left when I bought it. Think I'll hold off on playing until this stuff gets fixed.

DaRkMiLlEnIuM
  • DaRkMiLlEnIuM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I've lost my character as well, but I haven't used the same slot so hopefully he comes back at some point.

Blue65
  • Blue65

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I was finally able to beat the tutorials after trying countless times yesturday. Ranked up to level 3. Got off to go have lunch. I went back online only to find my character is gone. I am done with online for now. What is the f*cking point of playing online if your character will just be deleted?

Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I was finally able to beat the tutorials after trying countless times yesturday. Ranked up to level 3. Got off to go have lunch. I went back online only to find my character is gone. I am done with online for now. What is the f*cking point of playing online if your character will just be deleted?

http://gtaforums.com...-cloud-problem/

Blue65
  • Blue65

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

http://gtaforums.com...-cloud-problem/

Well i hope that my character comes back once the issues are fixed, but i am not getting my hopes up. 

Snapzol
  • Snapzol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

What happened to me was, I lost my character. Got fed up. Shut it down. Later I turned it back on again and my character was back. But I guess if you make a new one it saves over the old one.. so yeah.. Just wait for a while and try again later.. If that doesnt work. well.. i guess i was lucky..

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

What happened to me was, I lost my character. Got fed up. Shut it down. Later I turned it back on again and my character was back. But I guess if you make a new one it saves over the old one.. so yeah.. Just wait for a while and try again later.. If that doesnt work. well.. i guess i was lucky..

That's all we can do...

When you said you tried it again later... how long do you mean? Was it just a few hours or almost a whole day? Some sort of timescale would give us some an idea of how the servers might be dealing with this... :/

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am now missing a level 14 character and about $52k. I can access my photos on the game menu so i assume the cloud is working? i really hope i didn't lose my character permanently. i did not create any new characters. 

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

what I had doen was I tried to make a new char in my old ones slot, as soon as I noticed it said cloud servers unavailable when I tried to save it, I hit "Cancel"

My old chars still not back.

Weedity
  • Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

what I had doen was I tried to make a new char in my old ones slot, as soon as I noticed it said cloud servers unavailable when I tried to save it, I hit "Cancel"

My old chars still not back.

Give it time. Cloud servers could still be f*cked up. 

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

My character is deleted, but I still have SOME of my money. I guess my character is gone for good. I'm so f*cking pissed!!!! I can't even make the same character because that one took me 30 mins.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Just a heads-up but I reported this on the R* newswire and the Twitter feed and have recieved no reply.

Cleverley1986
  • Cleverley1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Got to Level 6 and then turned off for a few hours. Lost my characters. Now get the blue trigger issue. No rhyme or reason but I seem to get to the blue trigger if I play Solo but the mission doesnt load and if I make a new character I get to the race but there is no blue trigger.

All in all I don't think R* can excuse themselves. Without whinging if a person pays for a service then they should get it. It's not good enough for a company to tell it's customers AFTER they have bought something that part of the what they have bought will likely not work when it is released. That's like paying for a 3 course meal prior to getting the food and then the waiter not serving you the last two dishes because they don't have any "for a few days."

I don't accept the argument made that goes "Well no one can expect that there would be millions of users on at one time."

Well, there are game analysts and projections surely? R* expected the sales as they had X amount of pre orders. Therefore their servers should have been able to cope. If not, buy more servers and sell them off as the game dies down. R* should, as a respectable company, provide a service that allows each and every player the ability to get online WHENEVER and WHEREVER and if for the next 5 years, X amount of millions of people want to stay online, then that should be fine, as we the consumers have paid for it.

Not happy. I would have followed R* to the end of the Earth and I along with many people was waiting daily for tidbits of info. Obviously my P.O.V counts for nothing as I will continue to try to log on all day tomorrow and so forth, but I'm voting with my wallet next time until I know for certain that I am not going to get stressed out...

...over a video game!

IPwnAll
  • IPwnAll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

When you lose a character It has nothing to do with the message about the cloud servers being down. When it says that, they arnt actually down as other people are still playing and if your game never froze while trying to launch that mission or you never reset your ps3 for what ever other reason, there would be no instant disconnected due to the "cloud being down" and you would still be playing. When you get that message it just means it cant connect you for what ever other reason. From what I can tell its a bug and if you reset a couple times or wait it will connect you, its just the overload on their servers and if you give it time they will connect you.

With that said... If it says the cloud is down it will let you make a temporarly account, where it doesnt save and just throws you in with a new guy you make. This has no effect on your saved character. As far as I am concerned, there is a good chance you will lose any character you make as of this moment anyways, and when you lose a character you lose it. It doesnt seem like it will come back. The reason most likely is that the clouds arnt saving properly and even after you push through the whole "Cloud is down" message there is a 50/50 chance your character will be gone if not the first time probably the second time. Even if you never get the "Cloud is down" message your character will most likely get deleted eventually, even if its just from shutting the ps3 down for a snack then loading it back up..

Just dont create any new characters unless you dont mind losing them over and over and just wait for rockstar to address the problem.

Weedity
  • Weedity

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

I wonder if things are getting any better. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

FWIW my $51k is actually showing in my bank on the character selection page. The lvl 14 character itself is still mia.

EASTC0AST_GH05T
  • EASTC0AST_GH05T

Disallow Nation

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

My level 8 character with like over 60 stacks was lost, this is like the third character I lost in a few days. I am not making another character just to have it lost too. I may just pass on GTAO and try my best to hold out for a month until my PS4 gets here.

IPwnAll
  • IPwnAll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

It seems liked they have fixed alot of the connection problems. The only problem now is the Characters being deleted aswell as mission failing to load the odd time forcing you to restart system.. I have no problem getting online at all now.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

I can't believe peoples saves are being deleted for an online game. What is R* going to do down the road when the servers have a brain fart and delete characters that have hundreds of hours of game play invested into them???

billy2048
  • billy2048

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Mine got deleted aswell, won't play until they f*cking fix that sh*t. Hasn't come back after 20 hours.

e11i0t328
  • e11i0t328

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:42 AM Edited by e11i0t328, 03 October 2013 - 10:42 AM.

I've lost around $30,000 and lost a garage i bought, i'm hoping i will get this back. But did get my character back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users