» «
Photo

Official Character Deletion Thread

303 replies to this topic
kibblz
  • kibblz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by kibblz, 07 October 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Damn my 2nd slot character still hasn't come back from yesterday, wtf. I think Im just gonna wait.. I dunno if I can be bothered starting over. What I'm afraid of is if I make a new character then the old one will be gone for good because you can still see your stats and RP on the social club page. If I have my stats from playing online (dm, tdm, missions, RP etc) then they still must be saved on the server. Hmmm!

http://support.rocks...y-in-GTA-Online

I read the link above and it mentions this:

Note: When exiting GTA Online, please pause the game and choose to return to Single Player. This will trigger a save and ensure that progress since the last auto-save is recorded. If you purchase items and immediately power the console off or exit through console system menus, those items may not be saved.

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

- I actually tried the 2nd thing they menitoned a few times yesterday, I think that's what happened to me :(   - maybe I'll wait for the title update.

J00700
  • J00700

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

My character just disappeared when I tried the online today. I was level 26 or 27, and had saved up enough to get an apartment. Well now my character's money shows up on the social club, but his profile picture and his RP are gone. 

I think I'm gonna try to wait it out for a while. 

kibblz
  • kibblz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by kibblz, 08 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

yeah I been waiting like 2 days now because I'm too scared I'll make a new character, lose the old one and start over just to have it happen again. f*ck that. Beyond Two Souls is coming tomorrow, I think I'm not playing GTAO for a while if they don't fix their sh*t up by today.

I wanna play so bad and I don't think my character is coming back. There's no sign of it happening. No cash or bank money showing.. just $0 on character creation screen. WHAT DO I DO sh*t! I CANT WAIT ANYMORE lol ... all my damn friends are playing, some even got their character back. grr

Update-

I started a new character on slot 1. Now the funny thing is on my crew leaderboard it jumped from play time 1 day to 3 days and my RP doubled. It must not reset and just add on when you make a new character I guess. My stats weren't reset in the gta online crew page.

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Avoiding GTA Online at all costs until the grand payout rebuffs.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by MeatSafeMurderer, 20 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

I think, considering the circumstances, it may be time to resurrect this thread...I have been okay, aside from having to watch my progress catch up slowly over the course of 8-10 hours on the social club, it's been fine and dandy. Others have not been so lucky. There are growing reports of character loss all over again. So here I am bringing this thread back from the brink in the hopes that people will post here rather than create 50 bajillion other threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users