» «
Photo

Official Character Deletion Thread

303 replies to this topic
Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by Weedity, 03 October 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Sick of seeing hundreds of the same threads, and the character deletion threads seem to be the worst today. So here we go. Any character deletion questions/stories/rants post them here!

Yes, your character and his sh*t seems to be deleted!? Your ranks!? Apartment!? Oh no!? Well the cloud servers that your character/sh*t is saved to is constantly going up and shutting back down, so it could be that your character/sh*t is saved in the cloud server and when it shuts down you lose it for the time being. When the cloud server is back up, your character/sh*t may be as well. 

You aren't the only one experiencing this, so if you are really that worried or frustrated, you should wait a bit before making an online character/sh*t. The servers are still glitchy, the cloud server is been up and down all day, so yeah. 

Stay tuned here for updates on character deletions and make sure to post and keep this thread updated for everyone as well!

UPDATES:

Rockstar customer support DID say that your characters will come back sooner or later and if not to contact them later. The cloud servers are all scrambled up, and when they are all functional again your character should be there again. Do NOT save over the lost character, at your own risk for making another character. Customer support also said when things are working again and you still have not recovered everything to contact them. But give them time. 

THE PATCH IS ON ITS WAY! HOPEFULLY READY TOMORROW!

http://www.rockstarg...ch-updates.html

• Dshears likes this

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Left PS3 on in solo.

Got kicked for idling, but crashed at the notice screen

Lost level 4 character

STRUCTURES
  • STRUCTURES

Holy Roar

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

I don't think its deleting anything, its just down, wait till later and I'll be back.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Makes sense that people shouldn't panic, because as you mentioned, characters are saved server side.

xMercenary
  • xMercenary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Happened to me once and hoping it does not happen again.  Level 11 at the moment. Hmu if anyone would like to play. 

Weedity
  • Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

If anyone has had their character deleted and recovered them, please do tell because I don't think anyone has verified getting a character back after it vanished. 

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

My lvl 12 char vanished after a game reboot, started a new char in a different slot now, but after going to SP and back to multiplayer, my peronal vehicle is gone, and  i cant get it back, im allso not getting the missions from simeon and stuff that i got on my first char that i played to lvl 12

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Lol "sick of seeing all these deletion threads" You joined yesterday and what do you do? Start a deletion thread. Maybe with so many of the same thread Rockstar will get the point. But hey since it's "official" you might just get the attention you want.

• KaraDemon and AshDaMan like this

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by Tomsz, 02 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

If anyone has had their character deleted and recovered them, please do tell because I don't think anyone has verified getting a character back after it vanished. 

YES I CAN CONFIRM THIS, I thought my character got deleted for the second time.. however I had made this character in slot 2 and here is the steps I took in order after my character got deleted from restarting my ps3.

1. Made a new character in slot 1 (slot2 was my original)

2. couldn't do the first race with new character because of no blue marker

3. I quit GTA 5 and Restarted it and now my new character is gone but my Original character is back!

UPDATE: Ok I was staring at my characters stats and level in the character selection menu when posting this reply and after clicking on him it went into a new player customization...even though the level and stats were there

Weedity
  • Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:02 PM Edited by Weedity, 02 October 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Lol "sick of seeing all these deletion threads" You joined yesterday and what do you do? Start a deletion thread. Maybe with so many of the same thread Rockstar will get the point. But hey since it's "official" you might just get the attention you want.

...I think you miss the point of this thread man? It's so people can see this thread and only use this thread instead of posting yet another thread of the same topic. It's called organization, something these forums lack. I assure you it's not for attention.

Also post above me allows people to see that it's the cloud servers fault and they will possibly recover their character. It's called sharing information, not attention. 

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

YES I CAN CONFIRM THIS, I thought my character got deleted for the second time.. however I had made this character in slot 2 and here is the steps I took in order after my character got deleted from restarting my ps3.

1. Made a new character in slot 1 (slot2 was my original)

2. couldn't do the first race with new character because of no blue marker

3. I quit GTA 5 and Restarted it and now my new character is gone but my Original character is back!

Good cuz the new character I made didn't even end up having a name since it automatically spawned me into a game for a second.

Weedity
  • Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I was lucky enough to make a character that hasn't been deleted yet. Grant it, I didn't play that long 

AshDaMan
  • AshDaMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Same stuff has happened to me! Level 5 was really enjoying playing instill i rebooted and everything was gone :( hopefully their just saved to the servers and not deleted!

Jarrodp
  • Jarrodp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lost my level 15 character who had an apartment and 25k. So annoyed right now because I don't know whether I'm going to get it back or not seeing as no one 100% knows what's going on

AshDaMan
  • AshDaMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Lost my level 15 character who had an apartment and 25k. So annoyed right now because I don't know whether I'm going to get it back or not seeing as no one 100% knows what's going on

Thought mine was bad! Just leave that save slot and use another one! I sure Rockstar have noticed this and will fix it!

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

yestarday i had a Rank 11 with weapons and sh*t and today when i start the online i see this :

25nw.jpg

Which doesn't look at all like my character ... everything is at 0 but my bank account

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I had an ugly ass character. Will we get it back, i hope not. I just created max payne`s son. I just cant have him deleted.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Just lost both of my characters after restarting my PS3.

Not a huge loss but i'd like them back, R*.

Elitas Travel
  • Elitas Travel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well the good news for me is accessing multiplayer is fine and a lot better, there are still bugs though. The bad news is i lost my previous character, it doesn't matter though since I had no real progression on him since I couldn't pass the first mission. But I made another and got to rank 2. The weird part is i never went through the tutorial i fell from the sky near the vinewood sign and free roam from then on. I noticed though that I was limited to doing things. I couldn't do any jobs for instance. I later decided to try and see if going back out and in would fix this. I ended up then doing the tutorial in which I was stuck at the launching session screen. I turned off my ps3 then when I came back on my character i had then disappeared. Just amazing.

WigSnatcherLeader
  • WigSnatcherLeader

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

It just happened to me. Apparently it's because we cant connect to the cloud servers. Hopefully they saved and can be restored once we are able to connect to cloud. Don't feel reluctant to make new characters. They said it was "temporary" anyway.

• Sharks80fr likes this

Mr.mLara
  • Mr.mLara

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

That sh*t happened to me too.. lost my lvl 6 character after closing the game cuz my character had a bug that i couldnt take the f*cking jason mask off..

WigSnatcherLeader
  • WigSnatcherLeader

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well it was fun while it lasted.

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

just lost my level 6 guy, played 2hours and got about 12k.
now its disappeared.

WigSnatcherLeader
  • WigSnatcherLeader

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

So is it official? I conneced to the cloud server yet, I dont have a character. I guess I have to start from the bottom AGAIN

dan_level
  • dan_level

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

My chars rank got halfed to 9 and lost half of my money now on 250k (i bought money)....

Jarrodp
  • Jarrodp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Surely the people who spent real money on the game to buy in game cash are losing that? Surely Rockstar should be taking this thing extremely seriously seeing as this could be people real life money going to waste..

I'm seriously trying to keep back my anger but the amount of problems in this game are just unbelievable.

bNy_
  • bNy_

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Well, It happened to me as well but I actually took the time to read those pop ups that "the gaming session couldn't connect to rockstar cloud and therefore no progress will be saved messages" or along those lines...

Like grinding for money atm (at least on PS3) would be nothing but stupid. Just play a few races or w/e, the servers are messed up so don't really put time and effort into something you'll be sad see go missing.

Aesthetic
  • Aesthetic

Bodybuilder

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Is there any possible way of saving our characters?

Weedity
  • Weedity

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Is there any possible way of saving our characters?

Nope. You can risk it and play, or wait till it's all better. You might not even lose your character, but then again, you could. 

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by aR2k, 02 October 2013 - 05:38 PM.

I just did a team deathmatch thing and then the game crashed for all 4 of us, i rebooted the game, ran to the store (IRL), and when i got back i booted up online only to see that my character was gone (3rd time today, ive lost like 20 levels already :p), Im pretty sure the money sticks to the account no matter what tho.

But i wont be buying any appartments, cars or buying cash cards until this is fixed tho,

And for the record, i have had no popups saying that ive lost connection to the cloud server while playing, i only realize it if i reboot the game, then i cant find my chars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users