GTA V Character Reset by Rockstar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic
RoG Russia
  • RoG Russia

The Russian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi guys I may not be the only one who has this problem but after playing a lot of Online last night with friends and getting ranked up my Character just disappeared when I got home, now when I just came on the game it said to sign into Social Club and it was not available is this why my character is not there because I am not signed into Social Club.

Please comment with your explanation on this problem and if you have a solution.

AceT
  • AceT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Same here, got to level 11, did numerous missions with some friends had like 22k in the bank, then I went to sleep woke up then *poof*

RoG Russia
  • RoG Russia

The Russian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Same here, got to level 11, did numerous missions with some friends had like 22k in the bank, then I went to sleep woke up then *poof*

Are you playing on Xbox Live? What is your GamerTag and will chat to you an you can explain further.

AceT
  • AceT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yes xbox live, got on yesterday with no problems whatsoever, my friends on the other hand had to wait a couple hours.

Gamertag: PerfectAce6789

• RoG Russia likes this

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

http://gtaforums.com...xbox-maybe-ps3/

check my post about an update after talking about the troll... how the character is restored...this is what happens... Servers store your character data.... those servers have data as well as the characters of the things that they are trying to fix.... this server is being turned off and then backed on after a restart and update of some data to try to fix the problem.

carlwinslo84
  • carlwinslo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

i just tried logging on and got "rockstar cloud servers are unavailable" over and over for about 10 minutes until i quit. This is f*cking bullsh*t!

svojan
  • svojan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yea ... my character is gone too :(

refusion28
  • refusion28

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

mine to better come bk level 10 got big house as well and i paid for money

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

READ MY POST GOD.  :miranda:    your characters are not DELETED. mine wasnt. I had the same problem. You dont understand that your player exsists on a server that they turned off.. they turned it back on, and i got a notification.. i then reloaded and went back to singleplayer then tryed to get online and poof its back.  :santa:  :cookie:

DO this, when your server comes back online.. they are trying to fix things. Characters gone is a sign of them restarting servers.  :r*:

DO NOT CREATE A NEW CHARACTER OVER YOUR SAVED SPOT>> YOUR CHARACTER THEN WILL BE DELETED. :rampage:  :panic:  :cry:  :die:  :sui:  :*(  :miranda:

• Miahz_Twin likes this

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, it's temporarily gone unless you make a new one over it which will delete your old one.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

How is it temp gone? I checked when the servers were on, and my character wasn't there at all. He looked badass and had a nice car and everything.

GrandTheftNine
  • GrandTheftNine

"You think your something special, huh" - Tommy Vercet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Same happened to me except it was different for me. 

Played a race, Got stuck in the forever top down blurry city. And I quit the game and relaunched it. Got back to playing GTAV and went to online. Waited 2 mins for it to reject me. (Which it did)

Then it gave me a option to "Retry" Which i did and Surprise upon tricks. My Character was back to L1 and Lost over $20000. As well as a nice car.

AutoSave with the severs was working before the issue. So there might be a small chance i can get it back. But right now i'm not having that much luck with getting back on.

Spoiler

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

READ MY POST GOD.  :miranda:    your characters are not DELETED. mine wasnt. I had the same problem. You dont understand that your player exsists on a server that they turned off.. they turned it back on, and i got a notification.. i then reloaded and went back to singleplayer then tryed to get online and poof its back.  :santa:  :cookie:

DO this, when your server comes back online.. they are trying to fix things. Characters gone is a sign of them restarting servers.  :r*:

DO NOT CREATE A NEW CHARACTER OVER YOUR SAVED SPOT>> YOUR CHARACTER THEN WILL BE DELETED. :rampage:  :panic:  :cry:  :die:  :sui:  :*(  :miranda:

I created two, then they disappeared, then i created one witch i liked. If there are only two slots, wtf is going to happen to me...

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

I created two, then they disappeared, then i created one witch i liked. If there are only two slots, wtf is going to happen to me...

"then i created one witch i liked"

That's some spooky ass harry potter sh*t you talking about?

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Please comment with your explanation on this problem and if you have a solution.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063559760

We don't have solution.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Same happened to me. Not going back on until the problem is resolved. I'm sick of having to create a character I'm okay with in that useless creation tool.

carlwinslo84
  • carlwinslo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

f*cking server went down just now as i was on my way to finally buy a garage. They really need to get this sh*t under control. They could have just as well came out with more dlc for Red Dead Redemption as opposed to this clusterf*ck. Anyone who spends real life money on GTA Online is really dumb. They have not earned the billion + dollars they have made off the sales so far little lone money for a online game that isnt even working.

mtf
  • mtf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

my characters is gone  :panic:

Devilice34
  • Devilice34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

online must got fixxed cause can invite players and join lobby np now.My chars are saved finally but i did delete the update and reinstalled and started a new game and i have np at all on Ps3

L0STnBR0K3N-_-
  • L0STnBR0K3N-_-

Lucifer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

It happened to me yesterday. I was at a level 5 and had about 20k. Not much I know but I still lost my character that I worked on but now I can't even play solo anymore. I hope they get this fixed soon!~

themailman118
  • themailman118

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Same but I've still got my money...

DiceDaHitman
  • DiceDaHitman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Mines came back earlier, but magically disappeared again. Instead of looking forward to playing as the person I made I get some fresh model character, who's obviously not the character I made, with basic clothes after I bought different ones. The only thing I got to keep on this "new person" was my name and the car I had insured. Rockstar fix your sh*t or just give me back my money. 

BarfBits
  • BarfBits

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Level 25, property and cars plus all my cash *GONE*
Keep up the amazing work!! Resetting players every time they log in *DERP

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

This!

I just restarted the console and voila.

BarfBits
  • BarfBits

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Restarting console or switching to story mode doesn't fix this problem, when characters are gone its gone, and R* told me we can't get them back

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Restarting console or switching to story mode doesn't fix this problem, when characters are gone its gone, and R* told me we can't get them back

They're not gone, they're just not available, restarting reloads the Rockstar servers making them available again.

SmarOneNine
  • SmarOneNine

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

level 27 with about 90k in my bank account a 200k apartment with a 10 car garage , 7 almost completed of my favorite cars (with what I had unlocked) sh*tload of upgraded guns , ALL GONE!  OMG WTF! such bullsh*t! 

Teh Indica
  • Teh Indica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Awesome job on R*, second time now. first time.(4daysago) level 16, gone. made a new one, Level 31 121k gun mods, parking garages, cars, gone....

games like this i sell away and never return to.

fifa street would always loose my profile after about 2 months of work and progress. 

i would advise people to sel the game if this is all you play.

fifa street never fixed there problem, i doubt R* will.

i swear if i put two months of solid detail into a character and it squares off again. id break rockstar in the face.

so im just getting rid of the game.

!@#$!@#%$%&#%^*$^& :panic:  :miranda:

• HamSandwich likes this

Teh Indica
  • Teh Indica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

level 27 with about 90k in my bank account a 200k apartment with a 10 car garage , 7 almost completed of my favorite cars (with what I had unlocked) sh*tload of upgraded guns , ALL GONE!  OMG WTF! such bullsh*t! 

sell the game. it sstill brken as of 20 minutes ago.

Teh Indica
  • Teh Indica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

i was able to start a new character with my old money, 129k unbelievable.

ill take the money kis the rank good bye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users