• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

its ah gta forum. wtf did you expect ?

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

First off am not trolling, as on this forum as a lurker I tend to notice that anyone with a opinion other then ''This game is a masterpiece'' is a troll. Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft? No matter how much you try and tell yourself otherwise it's been a massive disappointment, I think most of you know this but are in denial. Everything from lack of interiors, lack of customization, lies, short story, not very engaging characters and glitches. Face it most of the budget on this went on the marketing so people would buy the game you know why? Because Rockstar is just out to get your money, A in game motorbike for £1.99? In game money bought with real money.? LOL

Rockstar do not care about you they made the story short and cut out lots of features in SP not to give you a amazing MP experience, no they did it to force you into going online to get these features you could of got in SP easily  such as houses and other online features, and they are doing this because that's where the money is made. The worse joke of it all is that even online is bad, the cut screens have major texture problems, I don't know about gameplay yet...Since I can't enter it. The player creation tool is nothing short of a joke, they all look like they are made out of wax. I could go on forever.

Long story short

Game is not a masterpiece far from it.

Rockstar fans are defending it because they are Rockstar fans.

They just want our money.

Give me valid reasons other then ''TLDR'' ''Shut up Kid'' ''Go play saints rock, COD etc..''

I'm a fan of many game series's and not just GTA.

I had a great time playing GTA V and I recommend it to those of the right age and those people that enjoy open world action games.

Nothing wrong with me. Not messed up. Not deranged or dillusional.

The game, to me - as the player - was masterpiece. It did a lot of things right which satisfied all my needs.

So, am I wrong? Have I missed something?

• The Wooden Mask and MrB UK like this

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

What is it about a certain age group/mindset these days that get so upset when other people's opinions don't match their own that they create an account on an Internet forum to post that we are all delusional??!!
I'm loving the hell out of GTA V. Yea sure they could have added more interiors or more customisation but there's already loads in the game. WAY more than GTA IV. Name me a game where somebody can't complain that more could have been added to certain areas. Seriously. You're a spoilt brat Op. GTA V has a huge open world filled with the kind of detail and thought that NO other game anywhere, ever has given us. I've already played nearly 100 hours and haven't even done the third heist or touched online! For example, here are some other games I played this year that I LOVED but pale in comparison to GTA V.

Metal Gear Rising - 6hr game & no online
Bio shock Infinite - 12-15hr game & no online
The Last of Us- 15hr game with decent online
Crysis 3- 10hr game with ok online

All these games cost the same price as GTA V when they launched but cost a fraction of the $260 million to make and you're complaining about there not being enough? Go send R* a message in their mouth off section then. At least that way MAYBE someone who can do something about your issues can hear them. Why the hell should we have to listen to your spoilt,childish rants?
  • Markowins and MrB UK like this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

The game is a golden work of art to me because of the following reasons.

• The world is highly detailed and based on a true locational vibe of L.A
  • The world is a tale of many different stories from Blane county being the last true and free place in America set against the fake realm of Los Santos and the dying decay of humanitarian values. 
  • The story of three conflicting tales of men whose lives comprise of themes of freedom and id (Trevor), lost and defiled chances of a mans life come to realization of bitter disappointments with fake delusions (Michael) and Franklin as a young, malleable individual whose life is to please and self gain.
  • All three characters are points of inner conflictions and depression hidden within sun shine and bright lights.
  • Who is truly bad, who is insane, who is right, who is selfless or selfish?
  • The game is a highlight of the decay in American morals and self illusioned placement of a right of way.
  • Conflictions of greed and money and actions of maniacal murder no one seems to mind.
  • Night time city lights (I REALLY LOVE NIGHT TIME CITY LIGHTS)
  • Each character to their core is selfishly insane as a whole.
  • A true world in motion with hints of life in many areas.

Those are some of the reasons why I truly love this game and will continue to enjoy it. Not because I am a  blind Rockstar fan, which I may be sometimes, but because I am truly satisfied with the quality of the product. I also do understand that not everyone can see it the way I see it, and I have to accept that even though I feel sorry for those who don't see games like I do.

I will soon start writing a essay on the symbolic and literary elements in the game soon after I finish my 2nd playthrough.

• MrB UK likes this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

this topic is just bollocks. R* [take2] is a business. they are there to make money. and they provide a service/product in exchange for money. just like every other thing we buy. from food to clothes. its your opinion that you don't like it. just like how you dont like certain foods.

Fact is GTA V is a great game. and i for one will spend £100's on DLCs.

You sir, are an idiot.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Eh.. All video game companies are now adding features where they'll charge you real money in order for you to have fake money in the game. I first saw this with NBA 2K13. I thought it was stupid, but to be fair, R* isn't doing anything revolutionary here. Eventually EVERY company will implement this one way or another. What will happen then? Are you going to bash every company and swear off gaming forever? Might as well do it now.

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

What is it about a certain age group/mindset these days that get so upset when other people's opinions don't match their own that they create an account on an Internet forum to post that we are all delusional??!!
I'm loving the hell out of GTA V. Yea sure they could have added more interiors or more customisation but there's already loads in the game. WAY more than GTA IV. Name me a game where somebody can't complain that more could have been added to certain areas. Seriously. You're a spoilt brat Op. GTA V has a huge open world filled with the kind of detail and thought that NO other game anywhere, ever has given us. I've already played nearly 100 hours and haven't even done the third heist or touched online! For example, here are some other games I played this year that I LOVED but pale in comparison to GTA V.

Metal Gear Rising - 6hr game & no online
Bio shock Infinite - 12-15hr game & no online
The Last of Us- 15hr game with decent online
Crysis 3- 10hr game with ok online

All these games cost the same price as GTA V when they launched but cost a fraction of the $260 million to make and you're complaining about there not being enough? Go send R* a message in their mouth off section then. At least that way MAYBE someone who can do something about your issues can hear them. Why the hell should we have to listen to your spoilt,childish rants?

Honestly, I think you are hitting the nail on the head.

Look at other major releases and compare the numbers. Hell, Metal Gear Rising was over quicker than a cup of tea and a biscuit. But.......it was good in it's own way.

I think that many people expect the GTA games to be the be-all and end-all. That is not the case. For this reason people expect everything-that-ever-existed to be a part of the game and god forbid if something is missing ie more interiors.

I could write a list of all the great things in game that people overlook. GTA V has a lot of polish and attention to detail. This does actually matter to a lot of gamers out there.

All that matters is that myself, you, and other satisfied guys/gals enjoyed the experience.

• jonc24 likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

As a GTA veteran, I've talked to many of my friends, who are vets too, and we all have the same opinion as you,OP. This game is weak in all areas except the graphics look pretty good. This game is a bigger flop than IV. It makes no sense as to why we're goin back to San An, but two cities are left out, the radio is horrible, no rock or hair bands??? WTF!!!??? The story is short and not one mission to the prison. I guess less is moar black is white smaller is bigger!!! pay the money sheep. Online will reach into your pockets and nickel and dime you til your broke. Straus Ziolnick has turned R* into EA. ONLINE MONEY f*ck THE SINGLE PLAYER. Shootin fish in a barrel and you'r not the shooter. I guess it's over for them. downward spiral. All that money made them forget why they make games. greed.

• Witchking Of Angmar likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I defend them because they told us a week ago that they expected problems for Online;

next to that: I have had a lot, and I really mean a lot, of fun in GTA V.

I am a rockstar fan; but I hate Midnight club... so what you say is not true!

• WitchHunter Neo likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

First off am not trolling, as on this forum as a lurker I tend to notice that anyone with a opinion other then ''This game is a masterpiece'' is a troll. Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft? No matter how much you try and tell yourself otherwise it's been a massive disappointment, I think most of you know this but are in denial. Everything from lack of interiors, lack of customization, lies, short story, not very engaging characters and glitches. Face it most of the budget on this went on the marketing so people would buy the game you know why? Because Rockstar is just out to get your money, A in game motorbike for £1.99? In game money bought with real money.? LOL

Rockstar do not care about you they made the story short and cut out lots of features in SP not to give you a amazing MP experience, no they did it to force you into going online to get these features you could of got in SP easily  such as houses and other online features, and they are doing this because that's where the money is made. The worse joke of it all is that even online is bad, the cut screens have major texture problems, I don't know about gameplay yet...Since I can't enter it. The player creation tool is nothing short of a joke, they all look like they are made out of wax. I could go on forever.

Long story short

Game is not a masterpiece far from it.

Rockstar fans are defending it because they are Rockstar fans.

They just want our money.

Give me valid reasons other then ''TLDR'' ''Shut up Kid'' ''Go play saints rock, COD etc..''

both rdr and gta 4 multiplayer free roam's were buggy when they first came out but rockstar fixed them both. gta online is fun and has a ton of missions, my only complaint is the cops in gta 5 and online the're too agressive and when your in a chase they magically appear in front of you.

but i still think rockstar is still a great game studio.

• WitchHunter Neo likes this

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Eh.. All video game companies are now adding features where they'll charge you real money in order for you to have fake money in the game. I first saw this with NBA 2K13. I thought it was stupid, but to be fair, R* isn't doing anything revolutionary here. Eventually EVERY company will implement this one way or another. What will happen then? Are you going to bash every company and swear off gaming forever? Might as well do it now.

I hear that and would like to add to your text....

Yeah, Rockstar should overlook potential avenues of revenue, because someone is not happy with the game. Right, cause that's how a successful business is run. (mild sarcasm)

Reality. Gaming. Not identical. They share a common vibe. People fighting each other.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

its easy to defend them, why? cos they actually warned us all about the problems on launch. now stop bitching and go play COD or summit.

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

I defend them because they told us a week ago that they expected problems for Online;

+1

+1

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Op is right  +1.

I agree %100. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

I love the game and while I wish there were more interiors in the long run it is trivial to me as well as haircuts and all that. I tend to pick a look that I like and stick with it. Also you can customize weapons and car customization has more options than SA.

There might technically be less missions but there are also plenty of strangers and freaks and not to mention Trevor's bail bond missions and the random events plus property management missions. Not to mention the fact that there are only maybe one or two where you are just driving somebody around. Almost every mission is actually fun.

They said online would take a while to work out the kinks so they told us ahead of time.

I am  GTA Vet as well who bought III a week after it came out and I still love this game but then again I am not living in nostalgia land where nothing will be as good as when I was a young boy.

• M'aiq the Liar likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Fan boys, and another thing.. once Online starts working properly for most of us then they would cry less to them, that is unless Online ends up being a huge flop.

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

So you made an account to share your opinion so you could disregard other opinions?

• Sevenpatch likes this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Whats the matter with Microsoft?  lol

This man is right, however.  Anyone with an opinion that isn't kissing R*'s ass is immediately flamed, regardless of how well written, or how constructive the criticism is.  To be fair, I don't exactly expect people to be logical and fair on message boards anymore, those days are long gone.

• M'aiq the Liar likes this

Paaldanzen Danzma
  • Paaldanzen Danzma

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft?

u mean R*, right?

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by hadrianswall, 02 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

yawn 

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think it's their best yet. I'm not in denial. I really enjoy the game. Can't wait to try online tonight.

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

The semi-p2w system will ruin the game pretty soon imho, i like gta v but the online is a fail so far.

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Story as at least 20 hrs by itself, how the hell
Is that short? Freaking kids complain about everything these days

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Sell the game then don't make a account just to complain.....

i think it should be an account not a account

it looks gay and fake ( a account)

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

The only problem I have with the game is that certain features in online are not in the single player. Other than that, the game is perfect!

The online issues will be fixed soon, we just got to wait. R* did say that they expected problems at launch.

Killerman29
  • Killerman29

The Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

sh*t fanboys everywhere

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

how can anyone defend Microsoft? No matter how much you try and tell yourself otherwise it's been a massive disappointment, I think most of you know this but are in denial. Everything from lack of interiors, lack of customization, lies, short story, not very engaging characters and glitches. 

I don't think Microsoft had a say in how many interiors R* put in the game.

I can defend R* because its one hell of a game. If you want lack of customization and interiors go play IV, or VC, or III, or II, or I, or LCS, or VCS...

You see where I'm going with this? You can't complain about a lack of customization when it has more customization than any game, especially when you include weapon customization which wasn't even in San Andreas.

You get called a troll because your complaints make no sense when compared to the entire series of GTA games.

danik18
  • danik18

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by danik18, 02 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft?

this+pic+was+NEVER+more+related+_d5ecf0e

• Zroovy likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I agree with you man but people will all call us trolls since they can't even see the obvious

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Game is perfect to me. I'm perfectly fine with what they did, as just like GTA4, I plan on spending the majority of my time in multiplayer.

10/10 IMO.

• ivarblaauw likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users