How can anyone defend Rockstar?

201 replies to this topic
M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Opinions are opinions man.

No, opinions requires arguments and/or evidence. Or else they should be ignored.

You do know the definition of an opinion right? Its someone's feelings towards something from what they have seen themselves. They don't need arguments or evidence. But even if thats what your case is this mad did bring up good arguments AND evidence in his OP. So i don't understand your post one bit.

Morang Tong leader?! *places Dark Brotherhood contract* Hail Sithis.

On topic: if that's the way you feel, trade your GTA cut your loss, get some of your money back and never buy a Rockstar game again. I'm not going to beg you to play or like it. 

I enjoy the game though.

I never said i never liked it, its the exact opposite of what i said in my OP before the guy who responded cut it down to attempt and troll.

*off topic time :p* All you Dark Brotherhood pawns are the same. You were a part of us before you all went insane, long ago, do you not remember?!? You were the weakest among us, and you splintered off because an old lady told you about her sex life.

*all jokes and off topicness aside lol* I do really enjoy this game, and if anyone else has the Online working atm on Xbox, GT is my name.

Oh, Ignore my second part. I was saying that to the guy who made this thread not you. Well I enjoy the Dark Brotherhood quests more. Cicero will be paying you a visit.

"Mother is that your your voice"

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:01 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 02 October 2013 - 02:02 PM.

OP is entitled to his opinion, I just happen to disagree with nearly everything he said

-I do not really care about interiors

-I think the characters had very engaging and amazing stories and I enjoy each of them for different reasons

Long story short, I think GTA V is the most amazing game I have ever played, and so does the vast majority of the community, the ratings speak for themselves. If I thought the game sucked I would say so, I have nothing at stake, I do not owe Rockstar a thing and they owe me nothing. 

I do not quite grasp what people like the OP are trying to accomplish, if you do not like the game then simply stop playing it, and if you want to show your appall for the game do not support Rockstar anymore by buying their games. 

I rather liked the Call of Duty games when they first came out, but I became bored and did not like the direction the franchise went, so I simply stop purchasing them. No drama, no crying, no complaining, I just stopped purchasing their product, like I would do with any other product. It is just that simple...

• jonc24, M'aiq the Liar and Sevenpatch like this

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

No, opinions requires arguments and/or evidence. Or else they should be ignored.

You do know the definition of an opinion right? Its someone's feelings towards something from what they have seen themselves. They don't need arguments or evidence. But even if thats what your case is this mad did bring up good arguments AND evidence in his OP. So i don't understand your post one bit.

On topic: if that's the way you feel, trade your GTA cut your loss, get some of your money back and never buy a Rockstar game again. I'm not going to beg you to play or like it. 

I enjoy the game though.

I never said i never liked it, its the exact opposite of what i said in my OP before the guy who responded cut it down to attempt and troll.

*off topic time :p* All you Dark Brotherhood pawns are the same. You were a part of us before you all went insane, long ago, do you not remember?!? You were the weakest among us, and you splintered off because an old lady told you about her sex life.

*all jokes and off topicness aside lol* I do really enjoy this game, and if anyone else has the Online working atm on Xbox, GT is my name.

Oh, Ignore my second part. I was saying that to the guy who made this thread not you. Well I enjoy the Dark Brotherhood quests more. Cicero will be paying you a visit.

I still have yet to finish the Morag Tong quests in Morrowind XD Couldin't make the Dark Brotherhood because it was already taken. Next best thing ya know? lol. Sweet mother sweet mother send your children unto me for the sins of the unworthy must be baptised in blood and fear. *stabs a heart that is in the middle of an effigy with a dagger covered in Nightshade*

And oh alright, sorry. Figured it was to me because of the reply, my bad ^.^

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Another cry baby, lol 

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

First off am not trolling, as on this forum as a lurker I tend to notice that anyone with a opinion other then ''This game is a masterpiece'' is a troll. Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft? No matter how much you try and tell yourself otherwise it's been a massive disappointment, I think most of you know this but are in denial. Everything from lack of interiors, lack of customization, lies, short story, not very engaging characters and glitches. Face it most of the budget on this went on the marketing so people would buy the game you know why? Because Rockstar is just out to get your money, A in game motorbike for £1.99? In game money bought with real money.? LOL

Rockstar do not care about you they made the story short and cut out lots of features in SP not to give you a amazing MP experience, no they did it to force you into going online to get these features you could of got in SP easily  such as houses and other online features, and they are doing this because that's where the money is made. The worse joke of it all is that even online is bad, the cut screens have major texture problems, I don't know about gameplay yet...Since I can't enter it. The player creation tool is nothing short of a joke, they all look like they are made out of wax. I could go on forever.

Long story short

Game is not a masterpiece far from it.

Rockstar fans are defending it because they are Rockstar fans.

They just want our money.

Give me valid reasons other then ''TLDR'' ''Shut up Kid'' ''Go play saints rock, COD etc..''

I've been playing the GTA series, since GTA 2. As like others, I know the games inside out, wether it be the story or gameplay mechanic of each game. This is my opinion, I don't expect you to adhere to my opinion, but you've asked for valid reasons to why people have these opinions and im giving you them. I'm not going to comment on Microsoft though as I've always played on Sony platforms post GTA 2. My favourite of the series is Vice City, just to make that clear, because of the music, story and time it was set mainly. GTA V is the only game for me since VC that has come close to the level of perfection I expect from the series, yes many love San Andreas and its considered one of the best games of all time, but I just didn't like it, it was an overload of quantity with the loss of quality.

GTA V is very much nearly a masterpiece, here's my opinion on how it achieves this. Firstly you mention lack of interior. First of all, Grand Theft Auto has never really had many interiors, it has always lacked, so if you're going to be really picky, Rockstar haven't failed at anything there, they have just not fixed previous wants from the player. The game map by however you want to measure it is the biggest map yet they have done, interiors are of the many in the map, but they are accessible at only certain times during the day, because, running on 8 year old hardware, it's pretty impossible to render all interiors at one time. Hence why some interiors are specific to missions, but there ARE interiors. Some of the biggest missions in the game happen inside of buildings, so calling out there is lack of interiors is just quite frankly retarded.

Customisation is better than it ever has been in any Rockstar game, and it will only increase in scale as online grows. There is a lack of things like bodybuilding in this game which was in GTA:SA but there is a techincal reason for this, there is nothing really that can be done given the technical requirements of games now, but what they have done in replacement is offer 3 characters, all with different perks, so you shouldn't feel the need to want to 'pump iron' anymore. The story felt shorter because it had three characters, the time was spent over different characters and places, therefore the time with specific ones wasn't as long as therefore it felt a lot shorter. The story actually took me 4 more hours than it did for IV, despite there being less missions. With less story missions than IV, it gained with side missions and encounters, there are LOTS, more than ever actually.

Yes a lot of the money went on marketing, but this wasn't development money, money would have been assigned by finance, this is a business they are running, and because of the level of prowess the marketing had this time around, the game made a billion in three days and is now the biggest entertainment release ever. Is there anything wrong with that? No, it's a good thing, it means they will continue to make the series for years to come. You mention microtransactions (I think), can't really make out the bad use of English, but that's a choice, you don't have to. The same 'would you jump of a bridge' question comes to mind a lot.

I give up on the rest, but the level of detail this game has, the beauty of it and the albeit slightly flawed story, (but ultimately still strong), running on 8 year old hardware. 500mb on ram. It's an absolute miracle that the game even runs at all. Yes the online has problems, it was bound to, but it will be fixed in a few days, and 10's of millions of people will be playing it. So you can sit there and chose to slag it off for your own amusement, it won't be beneficial, I'll have fun playing it thanks.

Quite frankly, If I was to label every positive aspect of this game, that which has 'wow'd me' so to speak, it would take all day. It would take 2 minutes to name all the bad things. This game isn't a masterpiece no, but it's pretty damn close.

Regards,

A valid reasoned answer.

• Fuzzknuckles, M'aiq the Liar, Sevenpatch and 1 other like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

GTA V has its short comings like every game does, but why talk down to others? From what I remember GTA IV's release was the same. People only signed up to tell others how to feel instead of letting them go about it naturally.

Denial is a pretty strong word to use. While there are things about GTA V I don't like it's stil one of the best games of the year.

It has a lot more positives than negatives IMO.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by M'aiq the Liar, 02 October 2013 - 02:16 PM.

I enjoy the game though.

I still have yet to finish the Morag Tong quests in Morrowind XD Couldin't make the Dark Brotherhood because it was already taken. Next best thing ya know? lol. Sweet mother sweet mother send your children unto me for the sins of the unworthy must be baptised in blood and fear. *stabs a heart that is in the middle of an effigy with a dagger covered in Nightshade*

I haven't played Morrowind since before Oblivion and Skyrim existed D: I need to pick it up on steam, it's pretty cheap. I've been forgetting.

notatrolljustbeinghonest
  • notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

OP is entitled to his opinion, I just happen to disagree with nearly everything he said

-I think the characters had very engaging and amazing stories and I enjoy each of them for different reasons

Long story short, I think GTA V is the most amazing game I have ever played, and so does the vast majority of the community, the ratings speak for themselves. If I thought the game sucked I would say so, I have nothing at stake, I do not owe Rockstar a thing and they owe me nothing. 

I do not quite grasp what people like the OP are trying to accomplish, if you do not like the game then simply stop playing it, and if you want to show your appall for the game do not support Rockstar anymore by buying their games. 

I rather liked the Call of Duty games when they first came out, but I became bored and did not like the direction the franchise went, so I simply stop purchasing them. No drama, no crying, no complaining, I just stopped purchasing their product, like I would do with any other product. It is just that simple...

What about the fact they could of make SP a lot better but opted to put features in MP instead to force us into MP, think how long it is untill they start charging us real money for guns or a monthly subscription because if Rockstar fans carry on with the ''Its all amazing nothing wrong attitude'' that's what going to happen. I went on Marketplace and there was a motorbike for £2... The game was only £40 to buy, £2 for a single motorcycle its disgraceful, its not what GTA is about. Also the customization...It's plain lazy, I hate to say it but if Saints Row can do it 10x better then Rockstar then it is just them not really giving a crap, with 10x the budget it's not hard to add in amazing customization. Not to mention they have basically released a broken product online, there isn't even any cars at night.

First it was the physics

Then the car handling

Then the car damage

Then Cars disappearing

Then Short story, collecting a suit is consided a misson...

Can only buy houses online for some reason

About 3 haircuts

Online Launch is atrocious

Obvious PED/Traffic problems online

Text problems

How can you defend Rockstar for this? They have had 5 years and millions of dollars and yet a lot is downgraded from IV.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Regards,

A valid reasoned answer.

And what an answer! Great stuff man, well done (edited to save page space because f*ck quote trains)

• The Wooden Mask likes this

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 02 October 2013 - 02:21 PM.

I enjoy the game though.

I haven't played Morrowind since before Oblivion and Skyrim existed D: I need to pick it up on steam, it's pretty cheap. I've been forgetting.

I still have my Xbox Original copy, just have done the same as you, haven't really popped it in since Oblivion came out. Still a damn good game though. Why not get the new Elder Scrolls Collection thing that came out? I want it so badly lol *its called a Antology or something im not really sure have not done much research on it*

And this is getting way too long and off topic lol. Pm me?

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

What about the fact they could of make SP a lot better but opted to put features in MP instead to force us into MP, think how long it is untill they start charging us real money for guns or a monthly subscription because if Rockstar fans carry on with the ''Its all amazing nothing wrong attitude'' that's what going to happen. I went on Marketplace and there was a motorbike for £2... The game was only £40 to buy, £2 for a single motorcycle its disgraceful, its not what GTA is about. Also the customization...It's plain lazy, I hate to say it but if Saints Row can do it 10x better then Rockstar then it is just them not really giving a crap, with 10x the budget it's not hard to add in amazing customization. Not to mention they have basically released a broken product online, there isn't even any cars at night.

First it was the physics

Then the car handling

Then the car damage

Then Cars disappearing

Then Short story, collecting a suit is consided a misson...

Can only buy houses online for some reason

About 3 haircuts

Online Launch is atrocious

Obvious PED/Traffic problems online

Text problems

How can you defend Rockstar for this? They have had 5 years and millions of dollars and yet a lot is downgraded from IV.

Man get over it, its just a game.  Just bare with them. they will get it done.  and yes your name is irrelevant your trolling... :facedesk:  

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Step 1: Insert manpon

Step B: Grab yourself something chocolate

Tertiary Step: Delete your GTAforums account 

Command Delta: insert Call of Duty

Cramping and bleeding/seepage SHOULD subside within 27-199 hours, any longer than that and you might need to call your family Doctor and get some ointment and man pads.

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

To keep things short, OP, I disagree with you. I think the game is great. The story was good, it was far from short. If you look at just the number of missions, yea, there are less than IV, but it took me longer to beat than IV. Some missions take 30 minutes in this game. No mission in GTA IV was 30 minutes long unless my memory is failing me. 

Plus, add in all the random encounters, the strangers/freaks missions, and all activities and there is more to do in V than there is in Vice City and IV combined, and my best guess would say more than San Andreas had.

Then let's throw in the world which is just astounding. No two streets are the same. I was riding a bike around the city and stumbled across a hotel/apartment type area inside of an alleyway tucked between buildings on all sides. Something so small, some people may never come across it, yet it had just as much detail in it and atmosphere as Downtown, the ghetto, Sandy Shores, etc. Every inch of this map has tremendous detail and the whole map is just insanely large compared to any other GTA game.

Then there is customization which needs no further explaining. 

My biggest complaint overall with single player is a very trivia one. I wish the armored vans ran on actual schedules and routes rather than being triggered events. That was a disappointment to me, but nothing huge.

Now when it comes to Online, I had luck getting in and playing 3 hours yesterday, but overall I think Rockstar dropped the ball. I didn't expect this to be smooth and perfect, but I thought with two weeks of time to prepare things would have went over a little better. Knowing Rockstar, they will deliver, and hopefully soon.

That's just my opinion.

• Sevenpatch likes this

notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by notatrolljustbeinghonest, 02 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

First off am not trolling, as on this forum as a lurker I tend to notice that anyone with a opinion other then ''This game is a masterpiece'' is a troll. Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft? No matter how much you try and tell yourself otherwise it's been a massive disappointment, I think most of you know this but are in denial. Everything from lack of interiors, lack of customization, lies, short story, not very engaging characters and glitches. Face it most of the budget on this went on the marketing so people would buy the game you know why? Because Rockstar is just out to get your money, A in game motorbike for £1.99? In game money bought with real money.? LOL

Rockstar do not care about you they made the story short and cut out lots of features in SP not to give you a amazing MP experience, no they did it to force you into going online to get these features you could of got in SP easily  such as houses and other online features, and they are doing this because that's where the money is made. The worse joke of it all is that even online is bad, the cut screens have major texture problems, I don't know about gameplay yet...Since I can't enter it. The player creation tool is nothing short of a joke, they all look like they are made out of wax. I could go on forever.

Long story short

Give me valid reasons other then ''TLDR'' ''Shut up Kid'' ''Go play saints rock, COD etc..''

I've been playing the GTA series, since GTA 2. As like others, I know the games inside out, wether it be the story or gameplay mechanic of each game. This is my opinion, I don't expect you to adhere to my opinion, but you've asked for valid reasons to why people have these opinions and im giving you them. I'm not going to comment on Microsoft though as I've always played on Sony platforms post GTA 2. My favourite of the series is Vice City, just to make that clear, because of the music, story and time it was set mainly. GTA V is the only game for me since VC that has come close to the level of perfection I expect from the series, yes many love San Andreas and its considered one of the best games of all time, but I just didn't like it, it was an overload of quantity with the loss of quality.

GTA V is very much nearly a masterpiece, here's my opinion on how it achieves this. Firstly you mention lack of interior. First of all, Grand Theft Auto has never really had many interiors, it has always lacked, so if you're going to be really picky, Rockstar haven't failed at anything there, they have just not fixed previous wants from the player. The game map by however you want to measure it is the biggest map yet they have done, interiors are of the many in the map, but they are accessible at only certain times during the day, because, running on 8 year old hardware, it's pretty impossible to render all interiors at one time. Hence why some interiors are specific to missions, but there ARE interiors. Some of the biggest missions in the game happen inside of buildings, so calling out there is lack of interiors is just quite frankly retarded.

Customisation is better than it ever has been in any Rockstar game, and it will only increase in scale as online grows. There is a lack of things like bodybuilding in this game which was in GTA:SA but there is a techincal reason for this, there is nothing really that can be done given the technical requirements of games now, but what they have done in replacement is offer 3 characters, all with different perks, so you shouldn't feel the need to want to 'pump iron' anymore. The story felt shorter because it had three characters, the time was spent over different characters and places, therefore the time with specific ones wasn't as long as therefore it felt a lot shorter. The story actually took me 4 more hours than it did for IV, despite there being less missions. With less story missions than IV, it gained with side missions and encounters, there are LOTS, more than ever actually.

Yes a lot of the money went on marketing, but this wasn't development money, money would have been assigned by finance, this is a business they are running, and because of the level of prowess the marketing had this time around, the game made a billion in three days and is now the biggest entertainment release ever. Is there anything wrong with that? No, it's a good thing, it means they will continue to make the series for years to come. You mention microtransactions (I think), can't really make out the bad use of English, but that's a choice, you don't have to. The same 'would you jump of a bridge' question comes to mind a lot.

I give up on the rest, but the level of detail this game has, the beauty of it and the albeit slightly flawed story, (but ultimately still strong), running on 8 year old hardware. 500mb on ram. It's an absolute miracle that the game even runs at all. Yes the online has problems, it was bound to, but it will be fixed in a few days, and 10's of millions of people will be playing it. So you can sit there and chose to slag it off for your own amusement, it won't be beneficial, I'll have fun playing it thanks.

Quite frankly, If I was to label every positive aspect of this game, that which has 'wow'd me' so to speak, it would take all day. It would take 2 minutes to name all the bad things. This game isn't a masterpiece no, but it's pretty damn close.

Regards,

A valid reasoned answer.

Well I certainly appreciate the fact that you actually put forward a valid reason and I certainly appreciate the game and the beauty that it has. I feel like you're giving the customization much more respect then it deserves, its about average and definitely does not suppress SA. Online player creation is a laughing stock am sure we will agree on that. But all other things are your opinion and I can't argue with that, one thing I will say it may be the biggest but it doesn't feel it as SA had a lot of places that seemed different and unique.

My main Problem is how SP suffered for MP, we all know the reason for that is money is to be made in online and this is where I don't see how Rockstar can be defended, they are definitely getting greedy and we have suffered with decreased quality of product  

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I wouldn't say Rockstar is being greedy, I'd say they are moving in the same direction as the market. Games and online worlds are the future right now and they even came out and stated with III, their whole vision was to eventually have GTA Online be their man thing. I for one am excited for the future and what that could mean, but I can understand why others may not like that as much.

But I think you are grossly exaggerating SA's customization, each car had some paint options, very basic ones, the same 12 rims for every car, some cars had decals, some cars had a fender, hydraulics, and that's pretty much it. V's is about on par with Midnight Club which easily is more in depth than SA ever was.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 02 October 2013 - 02:42 PM.

I think it has at least as many interiors as GTA IV.  I don't recall it or any previous GTA having an abundance of interiors.  I'm half on board with you though.  There's interiors that you access in the story that are otherwise locked.  I can't think of any reason why Rockstar would do that.

Lack of customization?  That's nonsense.  You can customise the hair, beard and tattoos of all three characters.  Each protagonist has many options unique to them.  There's also a great selection of vehicle customization options.

I'm not sure what lies you're referring to.

I personally didn't find the story to be short at all.  I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I didn't feel like it should hav been longer.  I hammered the game and it still took me a week to complete.

I found the characters to be more interesting than those from GTA IV.  They certainly have more depth and the writing is much better in GTA V than in GTA IV.

I honestly didn't encounter many glitches.  Cars disappearing from safe house garages and also losing them if you drove them to missions was really the only issue I recall encountering in single player.

I suspect about half of the budget went on marketing.  I know that's common in the movie industry so it doesn't surprise me.  That still leaves a huge development budget.  I think you might be underestimating how important and costly marketing a product around the globe can be.

The microtransactions is optional and there to help those who don't have the time or the inclination to earn the money in-game.  Rockstar have made it clear that it won't afford them any advantages because there's a seperate reputation system that you can't buy your way up.

My own experience with GTA Online is that it got off to a very bad start but when I tried again later yesterday it appeared to be working fine and the single player was back working as normal.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

I hate how R* is dictating what we do online. I was really looking forward to just putting in GTA V on September 17th and immediately start free roaming online with my wife and friends.

Then they announce that online won't come out until October 1st... which I thought was a good idea, that way I will actually play the story mode.  Then October 1st comes and I still haven't played online.

Now back to the dictating part..... why the f*ck does R* feel it necessary to have a story mode online?!?!?  Isn't that what SP is for?  I kind of feel how everyone else feels, the race in the beginning is what screws everything up.  Also, I don't want to have to rank up my players by doing a bunch of boring generic (which I've been reading online that they are) missions and crap just to earn enough money to play online with the weapons, cars, etc... that I want to.

It's like R* says... "Here is an immersive free roaming open world you can play with your friends, but you HAVE to do these specific things while online"    

R* = DICTATORS 

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Take your game top gamestop and go back to COD. You will be happy there. 

Haven't played COD in 3 years but you are most likely right since online works on that game

Okay just to be clear, I think you're a troll because you obviously created an account named such as that to get attention, nevermind when you signed up.  But hey, I have to call a good burn when I see one and that was a good burn.  :lol:

notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

I wouldn't say Rockstar is being greedy, I'd say they are moving in the same direction as the market. Games and online worlds are the future right now and they even came out and stated with III, their whole vision was to eventually have GTA Online be their man thing. I for one am excited for the future and what that could mean, but I can understand why others may not like that as much.

But I think you are grossly exaggerating SA's customization, each car had some paint options, very basic ones, the same 12 rims for every car, some cars had decals, some cars had a fender, hydraulics, and that's pretty much it. V's is about on par with Midnight Club which easily is more in depth than SA ever was.

I wouldn't even be too bothered about the online direction if it wasn't for the fact it includes features not in single player it does not make sense other then to force people to go online to get the full gaming experience that should be in SP.

I remember SA had much more framework options on a lot of car, that's from memory though..I think V's car customization is ok as it is, but 5 years development it could of been stronger, but it is what it is. 

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by Punk Noodles, 02 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

I think the game is a masterpiece. Stop telling me what to think.

• Sevenpatch likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 02 October 2013 - 02:49 PM.

I think the game is a masterpiece. Stop telling me what to think.

this...

And besides, GTA V is messed up because the servers are not working? The Single-Player is working and is one of the best I've ever played... just because the servers dont work doesn't mean they messed up... this was going to happen, kinda expected to be honest (I expected lag instead of this but issues were expected anyway)

You never played an MMO beta have you? 

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Long story short

Well.. you have to admit that this is best game on open world crime genre so far.. Saints Row.. Sleeping Dogs... you name it. You can´t go wanting moon from the sky, I was expecting little more from couple of things but I still enjoy playing this game.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

The game is amazing when it works smoothly. So have patience and you will be rewarded.

Amen.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

WHAT?! I am outraged over this. A business being run purely for profit? Shocking news.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Getting back to the original question:

"How can you defend Rockstar?"

Because some of us aren't idiots. Some of understand the issue here. The haters clearly don't. 

Firebeast29
  • Firebeast29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

So... jou made a account just for this...

Yes because it's rather annoying seeing Rockstar fans being annoying and in denial that they messed up.

Yes we defend Rockstar you dumb sh*t. That what a true game fan does. We defend Rockstar like you would defend you little brother or sister from a bully who is picking on them. If you don't like what Rockstar did with the game then move on and find something else to play and stop bitching.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by DymeDef, 02 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Long story short

You are..... surprised that a business is trying to make money.....

You are surprised they are moving to an online world, where probably about 60% of the games that make the most money are.

You are surprised at the bad player models of the console version which runs on hardware that was not even top of the line when it came out?

Man I can go on for days....

You just seem like you are clueless to be honest lol. More entitled gamers. Stay classy OP.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Waldie, 02 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

I could defend R* because they consistently make awesome games which I love, but they don't need me to defend them.

GTA V is a masterpiece in my eyes. It's one of the best games I've played and I honestly can't stop playing it. It's not a perfect, flawless game but I don't expect there'll ever be one. There's plenty of little niggles and disappointments here and there, but like a rational person, I'm able to look at the game as whole and take into consideration everything it does right as well rather than just dwelling on the negative.

And yes, GTAO is broken, but I think anyone who is surprised by this is rather naïve. Of course there was going to be problems with launch. Perhaps I'm biased because I don't really care that much about MP - I'm quite happy to wait until it gets fixed and finds it's feet and then give it a go but for me, SP was always what I was looking forward to. GTAO is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

If you don't like this game OP, fine, nobody cares. If you can't see this is an amazing game, that's your problem - it's not our responsibility to convince you otherwise.

• MrB UK likes this

Firebeast29
  • Firebeast29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

I won't defend this stupid forced race mission in the beginning.  Just stupid as f*ck to force us to do something.

LOL The race ain't that bad and Lamar sucks. I won that race and it froze on me. But I will win the race again one online is stable enough to play on later. LOL

WillyB211
  • WillyB211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

"Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft?"

Microsoft??

Whatchu talkin bout??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users