» «
Photo

How can anyone defend Rockstar?

201 replies to this topic
notatrolljustbeinghonest
  • notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by notatrolljustbeinghonest, 02 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

First off am not trolling, as on this forum as a lurker I tend to notice that anyone with a opinion other then ''This game is a masterpiece'' is a troll. Secondly how can anyone defend Microsoft? No matter how much you try and tell yourself otherwise it's been a massive disappointment, I think most of you know this but are in denial. Everything from lack of interiors, lack of customization, lies, short story, not very engaging characters and glitches. Face it most of the budget on this went on the marketing so people would buy the game you know why? Because Rockstar is just out to get your money, A in game motorbike for £1.99? In game money bought with real money.? LOL

Rockstar do not care about you they made the story short and cut out lots of features in SP not to give you a amazing MP experience, no they did it to force you into going online to get these features you could of got in SP easily  such as houses and other online features, and they are doing this because that's where the money is made. The worse joke of it all is that even online is bad, the cut screens have major texture problems, I don't know about gameplay yet...Since I can't enter it. The player creation tool is nothing short of a joke, they all look like they are made out of wax. I could go on forever.

Long story short

Game is not a masterpiece far from it.

Rockstar fans are defending it because they are Rockstar fans.

They just want our money.

Give me valid reasons other then ''TLDR'' ''Shut up Kid'' ''Go play saints rock, COD etc..''

• Immigration, WildBrick142 and hamburglary like this

wobbazu
  • wobbazu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

So... jou made a account just for this...

• blackbriar likes this

notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

So... jou made a account just for this...

Yes because it's rather annoying seeing Rockstar fans being annoying and in denial that they messed up.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Take your game top gamestop and go back to COD. You will be happy there. 

• Firebeast29 likes this

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Opinions are opinions man. I personally had no problems getting onto Multiplayer untill their servers crashed out, and nothing looked bad. Plus the servers have been running since 4:00 am EST where i am, been playing since then. Having alot of fun. Though the SP issues are clear, i really only wanted GTAV for Online in the first place honestly. But thats just me.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

your right,im in this one clan,its like life simulation for gta and im a business owner so do things to get money and maximum profit but there comes a time where you cant be too greedy

notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Haven't played COD in 3 years but you are most likely right since online works on that game

Jumbo Cactuar
  • Jumbo Cactuar

Mark Chump

• Members

i agree to an intent
wtf is that all about, buying gta$ with real money

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Opinions are opinions man.

No, opinions requires arguments and/or evidence. Or else they should be ignored.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Im starting to think im the only person who enjoys the game for what it is.. not what it shoulda/woulda/coulda been.

And i couldnt care less about R* they already got my 60$... GTA:O someday but till it comes out oh well. BTW i probably play the game less than 2 hours a day.
  • The Wooden Mask likes this

infamousxx09
  • infamousxx09

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

damn so many trolls registering today

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

No, opinions requires arguments and/or evidence. Or else they should be ignored.

You do know the definition of an opinion right? Its someone's feelings towards something from what they have seen themselves. They don't need arguments or evidence. But even if thats what your case is this mad did bring up good arguments AND evidence in his OP. So i don't understand your post one bit.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I've got to try this Saints Rock. Sounds interesting.
  • Todmcfly likes this

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

You do know the definition of an opinion right? Its someone's feelings towards something from what they have seen themselves. They don't need arguments or evidence. But even if thats what your case is this mad did bring up good arguments AND evidence in his OP. So i don't understand your post one bit.d

dont change the subject,like who gives a flying f*ck

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by Matta G, 02 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

You might not be a troll, but your attitude is this: "I'm giving you my opinion as if it's fact, and it should be your opinion too; otherwise you are delusional."

You have every right to express your opinion, and on some issues you might even be right...However, it IS possible for someone (or many people) to feel differently, and since this topic is entirely subjective, they are just as right or wrong as you are.

Personally, I have enjoyed the hell out of this game, and will continue to do so.  I don't expect perfection out of ANY game, and I've never played ANY game that fully lives up to expectations.  If you set yourself up for that, then that's your problem.  End of story.

Edit: One last thing - if you think there is a game developer/publisher out there today whose bottom line isn't the bottom line, you are a fool.  That isn't an opinion, that's a fact.  These guys aren't putting millions of dollars and thousands of man-hours into a product out of the goodness of their heart.  It's called BUSINESS.  R* isn't some non-profit charity producing games for the love of gaming.

• Firebeast29, Sevenpatch and MrB UK like this

notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Very good post, I liked the part where you said why am wrong and a troll. Oh wait you didn't because your incapable, the real troll is you with your worthless empty posts. Even if what am saying wrong in others eyes at least am giving reason and valid reason for what am saying.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

OP is wrong.

/thread, rapturous applause, server failure.

• blackbriar likes this

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I agree that the character create is f*cked up.

I just want to make a character how I want to make it.

Not scroll through two sets of grampas and grandmas that look horrible BTW, to MAYBE get something like what I had in mind.

Many games have great player create function. This was a strikeout for R*

I havent been able to get past the first cut scene as not even the forst mission will run, so I havent been able to actually play online yet.

infamousxx09
  • infamousxx09

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Very good post, I liked the part where you said why am wrong and a troll. Oh wait you didn't because your incapable, the real troll is you with your worthless empty posts. Even if what am saying wrong in others eyes at least am giving reason and valid reason for what am saying.

to me your still f*cking trolling ,i could give to sh*ts about my worthless post,every f*cking reason we read it every day and here you come to remind us about it when we already f*cking know,have a good day

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Seriously Kid.. In Denial??? well maybe you are.. nothing to see here, move along.....

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

To OP* This place is pretty much useless to try to post opinions aparently, 50% are trolls, 48% fanboys, 1% logical thinkers, and another 1% just want the Jetpack lol

• WildBrick142 and BettyBlueGT like this

pilot410
  • pilot410

Mike Motta

• Members

Sell the game then don't make a account just to complain.....

• infamousxx09 likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I won't defend this stupid forced race mission in the beginning.  Just stupid as f*ck to force us to do something.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by M'aiq the Liar, 02 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

You do know the definition of an opinion right? Its someone's feelings towards something from what they have seen themselves. They don't need arguments or evidence. But even if thats what your case is this mad did bring up good arguments AND evidence in his OP. So i don't understand your post one bit.

Morang Tong leader?! *places Dark Brotherhood contract* Hail Sithis.

On topic: if that's the way you feel, trade your GTA cut your loss, get some of your money back and never buy a Rockstar game again. I'm not going to beg you to play or like it. 

I enjoy the game though.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Right now that's sounding like a good idea.

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

To OP* This place is pretty much useless to try to post opinions aparently, 50% are trolls, 48% fanboys, 1% logical thinkers, and another 1% just want the Jetpack lol

Except he is presenting his opinion as near fact.  You only need to read the title "How can anyone defend Rockstar?"  This alone implies that he thinks anyone with another take on the game is stupid and their opinion is clearly inferior to his. 

• MrB UK likes this

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Morang Tong leader?! *places Dark Brotherhood contract* Hail Sithis.

On topic: if that's the way you feel, trade your GTA cut your loss, get some of your money back and never buy a Rockstar game again. I'm not going to beg you to play or like it. 

I enjoy the game though.

I never said i never liked it, its the exact opposite of what i said in my OP before the guy who responded cut it down to attempt and troll.

*off topic time :p* All you Dark Brotherhood pawns are the same. You were a part of us before you all went insane, long ago, do you not remember?!? You were the weakest among us, and you splintered off because an old lady told you about her sex life.

*all jokes and off topicness aside lol* I do really enjoy this game, and if anyone else has the Online working atm on Xbox, GT is my name.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Except he is presenting his opinion as near fact.  You only need to read the title "How can anyone defend Rockstar?"  This alone implies that he thinks anyone with another take on the game is stupid and their opinion is clearly inferior to his. 

Good point but thats just how someone views it. Even if HE see's it as fact, its still just his opinion

notatrolljustbeinghonest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Sell the game then don't make a account just to complain.....

I've played every GTA game from the first on PS1, I am not going to stop playing this am just disapointed with Rockstar and what they have done on purpose and will be very cautious about getting a title from them again

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

You must still base your opinions on reasoning.

The majority of people on this board present their opinions as if they were argument or even facts. If someone state that the game is a masterpiece then arguments for why that is the case is required. If someone state that the game is boring then they are wrong, because ''boring'' is subjective. If someone state that the story is short or that there are few interiors then it would be reasonable to compare it to previous games in the series. Their feelings is totally irrelevant in that case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users