Quantcast

» «
Photo

They should wipe characters when problems are fixed.

38 replies to this topic
WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Once R* have managed to solve all the issues with GTAO, they should do a full character wipe. The fact that a large percentage, or potential majority, could be anywhere from 1-4 days behind others is ridiculous. 

• jptawok likes this

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Oh and wiping the data of players who worked for 4 days is fair?? A better solution could be an XP and money boost to players who were not able to play. 

satanicaleviathan
  • satanicaleviathan

silencer

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

well, I play on ps3, and it looks like none of us can play really, so.. sorry about xbl bad luck? hope they do something for those guys.

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Oh and wiping the data of players who worked for 4 days is fair?? A better solution could be an XP and money boost to players who were not able to play. 

You're the minority, I don't care if its fair. 

The XP or money boost couldn't be done for just players who couldn't play, which would mean everyone would get it, which would further increase the lead some people have.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

OH NO FOUR WHOLE f*ckING DAYS!

It's not a competition and four days is hardly something to bitch about, and wiping the data of a large percentage or majority of players (your words, not mine) to appease the minority makes no sense whatsoever.

Why not wipe the data every week so the people new to the game aren't behind forever?

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Lord of the Thighs

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

The fact you are calling it work tells me you are unemployed haha. But yeah, I agree with OP a wipe is necessary. To even the game.

However theres always going to be people 'working' on it all day so there will always be people on higher levels.

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

At the end of the day I think everyone is just going to have to accept that the launch was as sh*t as it possibly could have been. Caring about people having an advantage is my last worry when the game is f*cked. A character wipe in normal circumstances would be fine, I just think they messed up so much with the character creator and generally not being prepared that there is no point pissing off the few people that are happy.

Just because we have sh*t in our coffee no need to sh*t in others.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Once R* have managed to solve all the issues with GTAO, they should do a full character wipe. The fact that a large percentage, or potential majority, could be anywhere from 1-4 days behind others is ridiculous. 

f*ck off cry baby. Those like myself who haven't had any problems shouldn't be punished just because a certain few have.

Clown.
  • rex84 likes this

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

The XP or money boost couldn't be done for just players who couldn't play, which would mean everyone would get it, which would further increase the lead some people have.

Won't happen people paid money for micro transaction's.

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by Hallgarth, 02 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

I don't care if people have a boost. Those of us who haven't been able to play, we'll be behind. It's that simple. For Rockstar to wipe their progress means they'll be p*ssing off those that actually DID manage to get in.

And I don't care if you're butthurt that people got to play before you

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Exactly what "lead" are you so worried about?? The online world and lobby session match you with players of a similar level so what is exactly is the issue? I do understand that it sucks not being able to play. Also I don't see how you can state that I am the minority? Do you have actual numbers? Only 1 of my 8 friends playing GTA online had issues so....

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just curious, where do you get for days from? It's only Oct. 2cnd...

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's not a competition and four days is hardly something to bitch about, and wiping the data of a large percentage or majority of players (your words, not mine) to appease the minority makes no sense whatsoever.

Why not wipe the data every week so the people new to the game aren't behind forever?

You're unable to read dude. The majority are the people unable to play. Yea, 4 days is a ton you nub. There will be quite a few people who have maxed rank in 4 days.

ahatius
  • ahatius

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by ahatius, 02 October 2013 - 11:14 AM.

f*ck off cry baby. Those like myself who haven't had any problems shouldn't be punished just because a certain few have.

Clown.

I agree with you, but I think it's pathetic to say it's only a "certain few"...

shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

"I bought the game 4 months after release, why the f*ck haven't rockstar reset all toons so us late joiners can play too!?"

This is how stupid you sound.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I was quoiting the OP

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

"I bought the game 4 months after release, why the f*ck haven't rockstar reset all toons so us late joiners can play too!?"

This is how stupid you sound.

You are slow bro. That is nothing like what I said at all. I understand that you obviously have reading comprehension problems, but I'm sorry, you've missed the point.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

I was quoiting the OP

Ah I see, I agree though, they should do a wipe.

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I can see where he is coming from though guys.

It's always fun and a big deal in mmos and games like them to be the first to explore, to get ahead and get what you can. All my real life friends are in the game apart from me, I don't see me getting online til next week realistically so I'm just going around theirs and watching.

But by the time I get it they will be so far ahead I won't really feel like playing catch up, going to have to no life if I want to get to their mission level and it's not something I have time for.

That said I still agree there is no point ruining the experience of the very small percentage of people that seem to have got online. Would just be spiteful. But I still recognize that my experience is going to be greatly diminished now I am not going to be playing with my friends for awhile due to the difference in missions.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

You should go wipe your ass, with only your hand. Then smack yourself.

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was, I tried extensively to try and get online myself. Trying all sorts of different options and methods I read about on these forums, through comments in articles/videos, googling ways that were working for others, and just generally loading and reloading my game on my own. Over and over and over and over. I was patient the entire time and never got upset or angry. Just knew I wanted to play online. Knew the launch was having issues. And knew I was willing to fight those issues if it meant wasting a bunch of my time. So for me to have finally gotten past the intro and tutorial mission and enjoyed online play as it should be enjoyed. And then be able to turn my system off and jump right back in, as you should be able to do. All because I was willing too try over and over until I finally get through.

But anything I achieve from this point on in multiplayer should be wiped clean because you can't connect yet.

Go wipe your ass, with only your hand. Then smack yourself.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Four days? It's only the 2nd

dan_level
  • dan_level

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Its not exactly hard to level up you get rank 4 or almost rank  in like 20 mins, just do what we did.

We all got to rank 11 in like 2 - 3 hours with a few friends all we did was rob stores and the 2 - 4 player missions when we get the offers. We was getting anything from 500 - 1500 rep from each mission.

So stop wining that you cant get on R* wont wipe loads of chars just to let others catch up.. they will have to catch up if they do it anyway.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

I was quoiting the OP

Ah I see, I agree though, they should do a wipe.

Lol, u clown!!!

WigSnatcherLeader
  • WigSnatcherLeader

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

No thanks. I earned so much xp from ditching the cops alone.

TheTrippyBeaver
  • TheTrippyBeaver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

While you're all here getting your panties in a twist, I'm robbing liquor stores and doing drive-by's with my homies.

dan_level
  • dan_level

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

While you're all here getting your panties in a twist, I'm robbing liquor stores and doing drive-by's with my homies.

haha nice.

navm1
  • navm1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

thats life, most of us will be at work or studying and be miles behind people who play it all day anyway. its just a game

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

No whipes will happen. Now obviously the launch has not gone smoothly but there are a mass amount of players that have been able to play Online and if Rockstar stated anything about whipes, they would have a crisis on their hands.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think they should wipe every character when I go party every weekend. Doesn't seem fair that players will be 2 days ahead of me.
  • GTAhole likes this

dan_level
  • dan_level

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

You're unable to read dude. The majority are the people unable to play. Yea, 4 days is a ton you nub. There will be quite a few people who have maxed rank in 4 days.

So you think people will actually reach max rank in 4 days....do you know how long it takes to rank up?

oh wait you haven't been on, haha. Epic online!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users