Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone robbed an Armoured Truck in GTA Online yet?

50 replies to this topic
SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Rank 21 and I've done 2.  They unlocked for me at a certain rank just don't remember which.

DireArmani
  • DireArmani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

You will see them when you cruise around the city, i'm level 20 and have them a couple of times.

I tried something maybe it will be a help to all of you, if you see a armored truck then follow him a couple of minutes.

I did it for like 15 minutes and then i robbed it and got 58.000 cash just from one single truck.

creativezxc
  • creativezxc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

1 popped up for me right after rank 20

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

All you have to do to find one after you unlock the armored car, is call Lester and ask him to locate an armored car for you.  It will appear on your map.  

Don't forget to use your connections.  :)

• PkUnzipper likes this

AllThatJuice
  • AllThatJuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Robbed one yesterday...Some other guy was trying to rob it too, but he had the cops on him...So whilst he was busy with them I managed to sneak into the truck and drive it to the middle of nowhere so I could blast open the doors.

Totally screwed him over cause he was after it for a good 5 minutes or so

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

They only show up once in awhile on the map as van symbol. I never get there on time though  :panic:

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Can you not just shoot the back door open like in Single Player mode? 

• IbarakiBen likes this

CritJoe
  • CritJoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

All you have to do to find one after you unlock the armored car, is call Lester and ask him to locate an armored car for you.  It will appear on your map.  

Don't forget to use your connections.   :)

You sure about that? Cause I definitely called Lester and asked him to locate a vehicle and he sent me to a damn ATV

IbarakiBen
  • IbarakiBen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

I've seen 5 of them in the last few days. I have found them near Cluckin' Bell, Banks, Convenience stores and Burger Shot. I'm level 26.

Nurros
  • Nurros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

I have robbed at least 5 now and each time you get like 9K

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

From what I have seen the pay isnt quite worth the risk, I have considered it numerous times though. If sh*t gets hard out there grind I might have to haha.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Ahhhh ok then, i can see that we'll obviously need a crew for this then. Would it be a good idea to post a Heist thread sticky, basically for when a person without a crew wishes to do a heist he/she can post the heist they plan on doing and others can offer their services for a cut?? Just an idea

crews definitely help with everything.

You get 20% more RP for playing in online sessions doing missions with people than solo online, 

You get 10% more RP for playing in online sessions doing missions with crew, on top of the 20%, so you actually get 30% more playing online mission sessions with crew than you would playing the mission solo.  Plus its hard to get random morons from random online sessions to join missions in the first place, so the best luck is to get a crew and play with them making bank and ranking up!  Idiots running around free roam killing each other arent ranking up or making money very fast at all.

Nurros
  • Nurros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

once you get the ability to get lester to remove your wanted level just rob an armored truck and call him right after to remove the 3 stars it costs $500 but you'll still be making like $8500

renegadexwars
  • renegadexwars

Founder of Merryweather Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

I did, it seems you have more chances encountering one if you are in Invite Only Sessions rather than in public 

astro2
  • astro2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by astro2, 31 December 2013 - 03:42 PM.

i heard its easier just to wait till 6am at a bank and when they come to move the money tob them

one smack behind the head of a bank security guard could net u $5000

neskimo
  • neskimo

Wayward

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Prophaetwo, 31 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

I love Armored trucks, I will drop everything to chase them.
The tend to appear right after a change over.
Exiting LSC, leaving the ATM, any time you get removed from the screen in an Invite Only session. If Simeon's car is on the map drop it off and one usually pops up shortly after. After finishing a mission, survival, or a gang attack as well. Basically whenever you actually play the game.

Jags666
  • Jags666

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

I did, it seems you have more chances encountering one if you are in Invite Only Sessions rather than in public 

As I understand it, if you are in a public session everyone has to be over level 20 or they won't appear. So there is a greater chance and frequency of them appearing in an Invite only session.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 31 December 2013 - 04:11 PM.

I've robbed 20 so far. In solo lobbies and packed lobbies. Sometimes you won't see any for days, other times 6 or 7 will spawn back to back. Pull up behind it and throw a stick bomb onto one of the rear doors. Detonate when the truck pulls away and isn't near any cars. If you put a bomb anywhere on the truck besides the rear doors and detonate it or you detonate the bomb too close to another car, the truck will be destroyed, you won't get any money and it won't count as a "successful" robbery in your stats.

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Crafty-, 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Easiest way of doing it I have found is follow it to a red light, hop out, sticky bomb on the back doors, wait for it to pull away and then ignite the bomb, grab the cash bags and get in your car and do a runner. No need to pay for removing wanted level.

If you don't wait until it moves off the red light it can blow up other cars, which causes a bigger explosion that then engulfs the van, including the money. If your PV is close enough the explosion will take that out too, so instead of earning money you'll lose it by paying the insurance excess!

I think the most I ever got from one was $12k.

ETA: beaten to it by the Ninja!

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 31 December 2013 - 04:16 PM.

So i can't find one was just wondering if anyone has done this yet?

Maybe it's just me but it seems the 1.08 update made this random event even rarer.  Because I've yet to see one on the map or get a call from Lester.  I'm wondering if you can increase the probability of one occurring if you ignore Lester's missions and hang up on him every time he calls you up?

and the most I've ever got was $15k. I think that's because I stickied both doors instead of a single door. Blowing off one door typically got me $6k-$8k per hit.  But not sure how valid that theory is though.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

I've seen them every now and then. I think I robbed three or four so far. You get a message in the top left explaining that you can rob armored cars and then a blip shows up on the radar near your location where the armored truck is driving.

I love how easy it is in online. Sticky bomb, detonate, call Lester to lose cops, collect money. Awesome,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users