» «
Photo

have you ever met a sociopath?

44 replies to this topic
ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:38 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 02 October 2013 - 08:41 AM.

I'm just throwing this topic out there to see what I get. I find this type of stuff fascinating.

If you have any stories on a sociopath that you've known/met, then please share.

Don't know what a sociopath is?

• Someone who has zero empathy or remourse for the people around him/her. i.e. Could hurt someone without hesitation, regret or empathy.
  • Most of their actions are there to benefit themselves.
  • Tend to take a lot of risks that may land them in trouble (don't seem too worried about their actions). e.g. breaking the law.
  • Very manipulative and deceptive. Uses people then throws them away.
  • Can come off as nice and charming.
  • Will trick you into believing that they're considerate and friendly.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

You've just described my country's politicians... and police

• RoadRunner71 likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

So acording to the third blip I'm a sociopath. Great.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

The whole world politicians.

/thread.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

We are Motörhead, and we play Rock & Roll!

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

You find sociopaths fascinating?

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Wow, so I'm a sociopath?

• Someone who has zero empathy or remourse for the people around him/her. i.e. Could hurt someone without hesitation, regret or empathy.

I have empathy, I can understand another peoples situations and feelings, but I am not really able to feel bad for them. I can't really show any sympathy to people (except a few ones). I don't usually hurt people, but I don't care if they get hurt by others. It's not my fault, but I can't really feel bad for people.

• Most of their actions are there to benefit themselves.

This is true, I am pretty selfish sometimes. I am actually helpful and I try to solve peoples problems, but sometimes I do it so people will think that I'm nice.

• Tend to take a lot of risks that may land them in trouble (don't seem too worried about their actions). e.g. breaking the law.

I don't really take a lot of big risks, but I usually find myself in situations because of my dumb choices e.g breaking the schools law. :D

• Very manipulative and deceptive. Uses people then throws them away.

The first part is correct, I am very manipulative, sometimes I manipulate people for my own benefit, but other times I do it for themselves. I'm not very deceptive, I'm not fake. I am actually very honest. Sometimes I use people, but I don't throw them away, because I usually use my friends (who sometimes use me too).

• Can come off as nice and charming.

Do you think I'm nice and charming?

• Will trick you into believing that they're considerate and friendly.

Yeah, some people tend to think that I'm more friendly that I really am. As I already stated, maybe it's because I try to solve peoples problems, but I couldn't care less about them, I do it so people will think that I'm nice. 

I know it makes me sound like a really fake bullsh*tter, but everyone does nice things to benefit themselves. Some people, like me, admits that they does it to benefit themselves. Other people won't admit it. Many people do nice things to feel better about themself (feeding their ego), or to make people like them. I'm not a bad person, I'm just honest.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

People tend to label me as a sociopath whereas I disagree. I agree I have some characteristics as a sociopath but not all of them. I tend to shrug it off rather than think about it. On the other hand, I don't think anybody would agree to being or thinking they are a sociopath unless they're out to seek attention. It's disappointing to hear people label me as one although I tend to shrug it off, as I said.

But to answer the topic question, yes, I've met a sociopath (or at least I label him as one, as do a few other people I and him know). We had a lot in common, which one could say is frightening.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Pretty much every girl I've ever been with.

Seriously.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

My ex girlfriend counts. I'll post a pic/better explanation when I get home

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I had a vague idea of what the definition of a sociopath was.

I know a few personally who fits all of those discriptions on that list. It makes sense when I think of their personalities.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Here we go, my flip friggin ex Jessica. My personal definition of a sociopath. Some chick who throws other people away when they outlive their usefullness, someone who was cold and desolate (yet at the same time promiscuous), and only cared about herself and her well-being, as opposed to all the other people around her. She's also a neo-Nazi. Bummer.

Jessica.jpg

• ASIAN LAWYER likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Neo-Nazi?

F*ck those hate-filled assholes.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Neo-Nazi?

F*ck those hate-filled assholes.

I'm not sure if you're being legit or just sh*tting with me.

Regardless, she's a f*cking nut. I don't even think she realizes that her name is a Jewish one.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just because you have the common symptoms it doesn't mean you're a sociopath guys, relax. Remember what the doctor said about self diagnosing?
  • Shah Sam likes this

Tyler
  • Tyler

what's an impostor look like?

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

The fact that you worry about the possibility means you're not a sociopath. In fact most sociopaths can figure themselves out fairly early in life. They know they're different and it doesn't take too many jumps to figure out that they have all the characteristics of what most stories and news programs would call a monster. So it's no wonder why most hide it.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

everyone has met a sociopath.

but a good sociopath wouldn't let you know it...

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

Here we go, my flip friggin ex Jessica. My personal definition of a sociopath. Some chick who throws other people away when they outlive their usefullness, someone who was cold and desolate (yet at the same time promiscuous), and only cared about herself and her well-being, as opposed to all the other people around her. She's also a neo-Nazi. Bummer.

Jessica.jpg

What are Domino's and Hatsune Miku doing in her photo?

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Even neo-nazis gotta eat and entertain themselves.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 03 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

I was thinking police too until I saw the "nice and charming" bit.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Met a few pathological liars - possibly sociopaths but I doubt it

been called a sociopath - but I am not

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I was thinking police too until I saw the "nice and charming" bit.

True. They are definitely not nice, charming, considerate or friendly, and they don't pretend to be...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm working with one at the moment. He's a compulsive, pathological liar, and it was through googling 'pathalogical liar' that I was led to the description of a sociopath. It described his personality so perfectly that they could have been descibing him personally.

Human

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:38 PM Edited by 018361, 03 October 2013 - 08:38 PM.

I have more than a few of those characteristics. I don't think i'm a sociopath though. I'm just a really angry and lazy man.

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

if it's about getting money everyone becomes a sociopath

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Have there been studies on sociopaths that have deduced key factors in why they are that way?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Jessica.jpg

What are Domino's and Hatsune Miku doing in her photo?

I think it was part of the camera, like some kind of Domino/Miku app. I don't mind it, though, seeing as it's literally the only picture of her I can find online.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

if it's about getting money everyone becomes a sociopath

^This chap has his head on.

I don't give a f*ck how generous and morally obedient you claim to be, there's always a point of hindrance where you say..."nah, my well being is more important than his/her well being, I don't care what their eventual demise may be from my decision". And no, don't bring close family members into this; as if your care for them rules out any sociopathic tendencies. 

This is why I detest those who involve themselves in any kind of financial affair - professional or otherwise - and bitch about being cut out of any business deal. Yeah, because they wouldn't have done the same in that situation.

Perhaps this shouldn't be considered sociopathic behaviour anymore, but rather the norm of apparent "greed".

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by Trinette, 04 October 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Oh yes. I've met someone whose quite the bitch. I've talked to people who claim they're a "sociopath" or have traits of "sociopathy" but they all honestly just came off as people who wanted to give their selves a unique label or describe their selves that way in attempt to impress me or something. I only met one true one and she didn't admit it or claimed she was a sociopath. She was just somebody who was a really cool friend at first and appeared straight forward but I later found out through her behavior and communication with me that she was a manipulative freak that only wanted people to benefit off of them. We knew each other for about a year and one of our last days hanging out she asked if I could let her borrow 50 dollars. I agreed, to stupid to somehow not notice all the signs by then and a week later she threw our year worth of friendship away over 50 lousy dollars.

It's seriously disturbing. I truly can't believe people like this exist. From what I heard, this person goes around now with fake Facebook profiles and such leeching off anybody she possibly could.

I could go on further with this and vent or express anger but I'm relaxed. My long term encounter with my first and hopefully last sociopath did teach me something, however. I'm extremely observant in who I decide to trust now and who I lend things to, who I associate on a more personal level with, and I tend to act more blunt and straight to the point with anyone who acts similar to the way she acted towards me in specific situations. Call it paranoia, but it hasn't hindered me. If anything it has saved me from being f*cked over.

To anyone thinking that they have the qualities of a sociopath—rethink your assumptions. The traits may sound cool or intimidating which people typically strive to be, but it's really not. Labeling yourself as a sociopath to feel better about yourself is the same as labeling yourself as a bastard, prick, rat, etc etc. I mean, unless you're the type who enjoys and likes to get off from the derogatory labels, of course, then go all out. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Lethita
  • Lethita

Something Slayer...

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Online, once.

He was an interesting individual, reeled me in with fore-coming attitude before sh*tting on me and doing it all over again - eventually, I just grew fed up with his antics and up and left.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Some guy who I went to high school with. I didn't know him thankfully. He shot his parents dead and almost killed his sister because he was so delusional that he believed he'd receive life insurance money if they were all dead. He was reported to have said "She's lucky I missed her head. Next time I won't." about his sister.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users