To those who are defending Rockstar for this mess

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic
Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 02 October 2013 - 09:17 AM.

I kindly ask from admins NOT to lock this thread, I know there are many like these, but since it will be the OP, I guess a lot of people would read my post instead of skipping it.

NOTE: You, the reader, who is defending Rockstar, instead of jumping straight to insult me, might as well read the whole post first and then comment, all hate/insults comments will be ignored.

Let's start.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1. We have the very rights to be mad at Rockstar for GTAO not working, especially on PS3, because the way I see it, SOME of the (not all) Xbox users can play just fine, we paid for a product that we expect to work, GTA V was never intended to be single-player-only game.

If we were to get GTAO for free, then we would've have it as a whole separate download, a brand new game download, not just some 39 MB update for the GTA V we already own.

You have to pay for GTA V in order to get access to GTAO, if GTAO were free, we could get access to it without paying.

Sort of like EVE Online, you don't pay anything to play, for GTAO you must pay, and that is GTA V.

GTAO is the main MP for GTA V.

2 Rockstar had taken half a decade to make this game, great, I'm not denying that it is a great game, because it is, but there are a lot of issues with it, along with some of the lies that Rockstar gave us (I can't be bothered to count them, but go ahead and look at past previews and then at the end game).

The multiplayer launched TWO WEEKS /AFTER/ the initial GTA V release, they couldn't fix a sh*t in two weeks? Then why release a flawed product? Might as well delay the release with an explanation as to why it is delayed, we've every rights to be angry.

I paid for something and I expect it to work, if I ever knew that GTA would be a single-player-only experience, I wouldn't get it at all.

3. Some user here called liammonzz or whatever, was asking why do we, as a consumer, pay for a product like Skyrim the full price of $60 (e.g. in US), well, you see there mate, games like that keep us entertained with a long ass story and quest for more than a 100-200 hours, at least it did with me, you got a lot of replay-ability options.

For Grand Theft Auto (mind you I'm a huge fan, and you're no one to tell me I'm not a fan just because of what's to come), after I finish the story and side-story, I just can't go back, I'm not the type of gamer to search hours and hours for a stupid hidden item, after I finish with the story parts of the game, I play for a day or two f*cking around and then I put it aside, maybe a year later I go back and play again for the love of the story.

4. Once again, GTAO was never intended to be a separate product, it is all included on the GTA V disc, if you seriously think that a 39 MB update is a separate product, you must be delusional, and a close-minded idiot.

GTAO is included with every purchase of GTA V, Rockstar likes to twists their words to deceive us in a lot of things, now its up to the consumer to figure out the truth. I paid $91 (that's how much GTA V Standard Edition is worth in my country), for the single-player AND multi-player experience, and since I was told that on October 1st GTAO launches, I was expecting to actually PLAY the game and enjoy the product I paid for.

I am not buying a TV from Samsung and they tell me that it only works until 50 channels and the other 50 will be unlocked 'freely' after 20th of November, and after that, it doesn't work, you mean to tell me I am not entitled to complain when I paid for the full 100 channels?

-Edited a little insult out that was uncalled for-

NOTE: All hate posts and / or insults will be ignored. I'm here to talk to mature people, not kids.

• robisme, tom_p1980, Matt21 and 5 others like this

KrugaJamie
  • KrugaJamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Shut up crying

• lostMC likes this

bingozf
  • bingozf

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Would you like some fries with your wine?

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

*sees wall of text* *grabs popcorn* This is gonna be a good read.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Act mature if you want mature responses

All I saw was a big wall of waaaaahhhhhhhh

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

As expected, only little kids writing. I don't know what I'm expecting from the internet.

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

1. simply put. xbox need to PAY to get online, seems obvious why they have better support

2. If they release the online section on the first day, things will be much worse. And fixing/ gettiong better bandwidth support are not simply get more server then Bam its done.

3. Do you finish it 100%? You know how fast you can travel in one place to another in gta5? (Especially by Taxi)

4. GTA Online is just the multiplayer portion of the game, but they have different story-line and its set before the three character see each other. It don't need to be separate.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

As expected, only little kids writing. I don't know what I'm expecting from the internet.

Apparently to much

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 02 October 2013 - 08:43 AM.

You have expectations from/towards/(whatever) the Internet?

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

I don't think anyone is defending Rockstar - I think it's more that people are calling for a little calm and patience amidst a sea of stupidity.

Everyone knows the current situation sucks, but what's going on in these forums atm doesn't help anything.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Well said.

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'd like your post if I could OP, it's spot on. Used all my likes for the day.

People need to hop off Rockstar's ***k. We wouldn't be bitching so much if we could at least play, to some goddamn degree. I don't care how small, but the reality is that absolutely nobody can play on ps3, and xbox is a little more stable, but not much better. 

How we're being self entitled children for expecting to so much as play online AT ALL after 24 hours is beyond me.

I'd rather be wiping tears from my eyes than *** from my lips.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM.

I don't think anyone is defending Rockstar - I think it's more that people are calling for a little calm and patience amidst a sea of stupidity.

Everyone knows the current situation sucks, but what's going on in these forums atm doesn't help anything.

I'm pretty sure most of the calm people don't say anything or don't come here, so the hate is seen more often. 

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

OP, are you trying to crawl under my skin? Xbox users can play it just fine? I have an Xbox, and CANNOT play it online. Also, xbox users have been paying for their service for many years. You PlayStation users are free loaders that don't even deserve to use f*cking servers. That is why xbox gets this first, we pay for extra staff and are servers.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I stopped reading when you said "the way I see it, Xbox users can play just fine". Starting your thread with a false statement isn't the way to go. 

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 02 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

1. simply put. xbox need to PAY to get online, seems obvious why they have better support

Simply put, it's Sony's deal to make it free for online, not Rockstar's, I paid for a product, I was told that by 1st of October I'll get to play, and here I am, not playing.

@Xbox users, I assumed so because I read a lot of posts around here that Xbox works just fine, I didn't know it isn't working for everyone, I'll edit that bit out then.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'd like your post if I could OP, it's spot on. Used all my likes for the day.

People need to hop off Rockstar's ***k. We wouldn't be bitching so much if we could at least play, to some goddamn degree. I don't care how small, but the reality is that absolutely nobody can play on ps3, and xbox is a little more stable, but not much better. 

How we're being self entitled children for expecting to so much as play online AT ALL after 24 hours is beyond me.

I'd rather be wiping tears from my eyes than *** from my lips.

Or we just don't care and checking here to see if its working is faster than logging into the game

Taking the piss out of cry baby's is just icing on the cake

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by jonkoroken420, 02 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

You're making great points, I see all people still defending rockstar saying that its "Normal" for multiplayer games to have these problems.

It would be normal if it was the first few hours, But after 24hours and there is still nothing done to even TRY to fix it.

Rockstar could've explained what was going on, Giving an ETA for a fix etc.

But instead they give out a quick tweet saying "We're working on it"

Basically saying, "Well - You bought our product, We have our profits from the game - Now its time to take it slow and we'll fix this in the time we think is appropriate"

Although rockstar messed up with this, It's not only Rockstar, Sony has the blame too since Xbox players can go in Multiplayer.

Maybe not all, But some of my friends can play, Might have some connection issues sometimes but they can get in.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 02 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

OP, are you trying to crawl under my skin? Xbox users can play it just fine? I have an Xbox, and CANNOT play it online. Also, xbox users have been paying for their service for many years. You PlayStation users are free loaders that don't even deserve to use f*cking servers. That is why xbox gets this first, we pay for extra staff and are servers.

Wow. Is it our fault PlayStation decided to make the online free? No.

So why are you so mad? Jesus... so you can't play. I saw one "can you play" thread, and basically everyone were PS3 players that could not play. No Xbox users. So it's not his fault he assumes Xbox-players can play.

And before you come and say sh*t again, that thread had like hundred posts.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

So why are you so mad? Jesus... so you can't play. I saw one "can you play" thread, and basically everyone were PS3 players that could not play. No Xbox users. So it's not his fault he assumes Xbox-players can play.

A lot of people get the PlayStation for its free online service. Then they continue to pretend that they deserve things at the same time as xbox, and feel they deserve a big hug from sony. No no no, mother f*cker.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM.

And to all those are constantly telling me not to 'whine' because we get free online play, then switch to Sony or shut up, it was Sony's choice to make it free.

Yes we deserve the same treatment as Xbox,as if Xbox is something special, get out. --->

• robisme likes this

shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by shoelaces!, 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.

Another thread, another bad case of a gamer feeling entitled to 100% instant access to a massive online service he got for free, and proceeding to cry and troll about it.

*le sigh*

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

You're making great points, I see all people still defending rockstar saying that its "Normal" for multiplayer games to have these problems.
It would be normal if it was the first few hours, But after 24hours and there is still nothing done to even TRY to fix it.
Basically saying, "Well - You bought our product, We have our profits from the game - Now its time to take it slow and we'll fix this in the time we think is appropriate"

Although rockstar messed up with this, It's not only Rockstar, Sony has the blame too since Xbox players can go in Multiplayer.
Maybe not all, But some of my friends can play, Might have some connection issues sometimes but they can get in.

Dev's don't give ETA's because you will get butthurt even more when something unexpected happens

They don't explain because if the did you wouldn't understand anyway

Sony has no blame the didn't make the game you tool

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Do not sweat it. Maybe this is what we deserve. For use we have blindly supported Rockstar because they have been so dedicated to their games to the point were R* sort of has a feeling of entitlement. I mean, they are always like that, all high and almighty staying away from trade shows and having VERY little interaction with their community in comparison to other AAA Developers such as Bioware.

As for people defending them, well they are just blind consumers who will take crap and call it gold just because of the past reputation of the company. Yes, R* makes great games and puts a lot of effort into them, but that still does not make them immune from making mistakes and what is happening with GTAO is something that we the customer have the right to complain about. If I have a cell phone contract that is not performing to the standards that it was advertised for, I have the right to complain.

I haven't tried GTAO yet but when I do and if it isn't working, then R* just missed out on a potiential long-term buyer, and they need long-term buyers to keep this game going for the long run. With online games such as Call of Duty Ghost, Battlefield 4, and Destiny on the horizon, R* cannot cut corners. This isn't the single player sandbox world where R* has a monopoly on and they can get away with stuff because nobody can compete with them. No, this is the online realm where there are A LOT of big boys. If R* fails, there are other options.....

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.

Another thread, another bad case of a gamer feeling entitled to 100% instant access to a massive online service he got for free.

le sigh.

I paid for it, nothing's free. Actually, read the OP, then comment, you obviously didn't read.

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

You bullsh*tting me ? 

I pay for my internet, I have an internet connection from my provider to my Playstation, Why would I need to pay another company to use the internet which I already have ?

Would you for example buy a Desktop PC, Get an internet connection from your provider and then pay the company of your desktop PC to make use of the internet on your PC? 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 02 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

A lot of people get the PlayStation for its free online service. Then they continue to pretend that they deserve things at the same time as xbox, and feel they deserve a big hug from sony. No no no, mother f*cker.

So you're basically saying "PlayStation was kind enough to not to make online cost UNLIKE Xbox, thus all PlayStation Online players are inferior to Xbox-players?" I've seen some nice elitism by PC-players in YouTube but this takes the top spot...

GTASkunk
  • GTASkunk

Don Vercetti

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

The way I see it, Rockstar had enough time to buy servers before the title update and the release of GTA: O. All this could of been avoided. I am not really complaining, because at the moment I don't have XBL. GTA: O is worth another week's wait anyway.

Acid_Logic
  • Acid_Logic

Alpha Jedi

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Stopped reading at  "I guess a lot of people would read my post instead of skipping it."

This forum is a horrible place full of horrible people with horrible opinions.

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Dev's don't give ETA's because you will get butthurt even more when something unexpected happens

They don't explain because if the did you wouldn't understand anyway

Sony has no blame the didn't make the game you tool

Not all of us are as retarded as some.

Because a few idiots might not understand a simple explanation, Doesn't mean they shouldn't let their customers know what is going on.

And the problem is not just with the game, Its with the connections, Sony also has the blame same as Rockstar.

If they have nothing to do with it, because THEY didn't make the game, Why this? 

A quick tweet from Playstation yesterday

"Grand Theft Auto Online: We are aware that some users are experiencing issues and we are working with @RockstarGames to resolve"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users