The new kicking system is BROKEN!

58 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

I still can't believe R* allowed players to do this. They changed the system from GTA IV and RDR where kicking someone required a majority vote (and people actually see the votes) to allowing any player to anonymously kick any other player of their choosing. It's no longer "Vote To Kick", it's just "Kick".

That's why I, along with many other people, have been getting kicked out from nowhere. It was generally thought to be a bug, but it's actually a part of the game. What the hell were they thinking? I'm guessing this was supposed to be an anti-griefing tool, but it's the ultimate griefing weapon. You could just be minding your own business exploring the world and some jackass kicks you out just for sake of it.

Once GTAO works for everyone, this will be the bane of any player's existence. This needs to be fixed ASAP before GTAO becomes a griefer heaven.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Why would they want to let random people kick whoever they wanted at will without so much as a vote? I can see it now...16 player game reduced to 1 in a matter of minutes because everyone just starts kicking each other all willy nilly. 

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Why would they want to let random people kick whoever they wanted at will without so much as a vote? I can see it now...16 player game reduced to 1 in a matter of minutes because everyone just starts kicking each other all willy nilly. 

Exactly. It's so stupid that it's hard to believe it exists.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Remember how in IV some people would spam the "kick xxx" message?

Well, now it's going to be a lot worse than just a bunch of messages popping up on screen lmao. 

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Remember how in IV some people would spam the "kick xxx" message?

Well, now it's going to be a lot worse than just a bunch of messages popping up on screen lmao. 

It breaks free mode, because you can't explore the world and do activities without some jackass anonymously kicking you.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Wow that's really stupid.

I doubt its the reason my many of us can't hop online for a second but I do see this being a huge problem in the future.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

Wow that's really stupid.

I doubt its the reason my many of us can't hop online for a second but I do see this being a huge problem in the future.

Yeah, this will probably be the new ( and 100% justified) complaint flooding this board once everyone can play the game.

TheGratefulOne
  • TheGratefulOne

Wasted

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I've been avoiding this kind of crap by playing in invite only games with friends. I recommend you do the same if possible.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Is there a way to play online alone?   I'd rather not deal with the bad rep system till I get used to all there is to do online.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

R* gun dun goof'd.  I can't believe they messed that up.  GTA Online will almost need to be completely reworked before it's playable.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Is there a way to play online alone?   I'd rather not deal with the bad rep system till I get used to all there is to do online.

That has nothing to do with bad rep. I have a good rep displayed, and that still happens to me all the time.

TheGratefulOne
  • TheGratefulOne

Wasted

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:27 AM Edited by TheGratefulOne, 02 October 2013 - 06:28 AM.

Yes. You can start an "invite only" lobby from the single player start menu. Then you can invite people who you can trust instead of joining random griefers.
  • EDSTEROK likes this

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Majority vote is the fairest way, right? Probably also the obvious choice, right?

Apparently not lol.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

That has nothing to do with bad rep. I have a good rep displayed, and that still happens to me all the time.

I keep getting kicked for no reason and a warning on getting bad rep, its just something I don't want to deal with until I get a better feel for the game.
TheGratefulOne~ Thanks for the response!

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

We need to contact R* Support about this. While it may not technically be a glitch, it's every bit as game breaking as one.

KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

No he's right, over the course of the past few hours, i've been kicked about 4 times by kiddo troll's... Now I get a warning when I re-spawn saying i'm going to get a "Bad Sport" notation on my profile if I continue to get kicked by rage quitting trolls.

I can't in good faith believe that R* intended to make the boot system that lax... But like all good online games, it's a constant work in progress and i'm fine with that, it's just frustrating for the time being. :\

AkumaBrad
  • AkumaBrad

Gramma Natsi

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

We need to contact R* Support about this. While it may not technically be a glitch, it's every bit as game breaking as one.

Agreed. Even if you are getting hospital camped, you can still enter passive mode quickly on respawn, then initiate a kick vote.

Being able to kick players on demand is a really flawed game mechanic.

kill1uk
  • kill1uk

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

can i ask?, how do we kick people? i cant find the kick option

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 02 October 2013 - 06:46 AM.

can i ask?, how do we kick people? i cant find the kick option

I really don't want to tell you.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

This just happened to me after a team deatch match game.. so bizarre. I was doing pretty well and then almost got the guy at the end then bam.. kicked. Did you already contact R* with your concern?

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Screw it... I might as well explain it even if I do run the risk of creating a few more griefers.

Kicking someone is done in the pause menu, in the "Online" section. As selecting someone to kick, it takes about a minute until they are kicked, giving you time to "unkick" them. After selecting someone to kick (regardless if they are kicked or if you unkick them), you have to wait a few minutes before kicking someone again, because that's totally a good way to balance it.

God, to think that this was discussed and agreed upon by the developers...

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Where are you sending your feedback to?

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Where are you sending your feedback to?

I haven't done it just yet.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

At first I thought you meant kicking...as in melee combat lol. 

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

I had seamless fun for 5 hours last night but they was 1 occasion where someone tried to kick me immediately after finishing a job....but I it never happened, I was free to roam. Never though no more of it.

But If this the case were you can just kick peeps willy nilly, then it defo needs fixing.

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Yeah you can have private games so it makes no sense to have a free kick for all. 

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yes. You can start an "invite only" lobby from the single player start menu. Then you can invite people who you can trust instead of joining random griefers.

I pretty much plan to do the same as you and play only with my crew and very occasionally join public sessions so this doesn't bother me.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Sounds stupid lol. This game deserves a reward for the most disappointments known to gaming.

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Are you sure it's not a bug? If this is how the new kick system works then it definitely needs to change. Rockstar have repeatedly said that GTA Online will be shaped by the community and that they want people to send them feedback so I suggest everyone take a few minutes in their spare time and send an email to: [email protected] 

Smokin Aces
  • Smokin Aces

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, this is pretty bullsh*t. About 10 minutes ago I drove up to ammunition to buy some guns. There was a guy in the store already. I bought what I needed walked out and stood by my car having a smoke waiting for the other guy to come out to shoot him down.

He walked out and I just stared at him waiting for him to pull his gun on me so I could fire back, I'm nice like that.

He didn't pull his gun, instead this black character hopped into his car and sat there blasting his rap music. So I thought to myself, what the heck, I'll see if I can get in the car with him and we can go shoot some sh*t up with our newly purchased weapons.

So I jump in, and he starts to reverse, I thought we were on the same page. Then all of a sudden he stops, gets out of the car and starts blasting a shotgun at me as I sit in the car.

So I slid over to the driver side of his car and took off out of the parking lot. I could hear a lot of gunshots going off from around that area and it set in that he was shooting up my car.

So I drove back, slid into the parking lot and blasted the motherf*cker and took 100 bucks off him.

I then shot the sh*t out of his car til it blew up, and hopped back in mine to take it to customs to get it repaired. On my way there, I was kicked.

Then I come on here and you're saying it takes one person to kick you? What the f*ck is the point in playing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users