Photo

Why the tutorial race?

15 replies to this topic
The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Rockstar anticipated problems.  They knew this was coming.  So why did they have a race right at the beginning of the game that would only serve to cause gridlock?  Wouldn't it have been better to just drop players into the open world and let them activate the tutorial at a time of their choosing?  I'm betting that most of us would be able to play the game if we could just skip the first race.

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Rockstar anticipated problems.  They knew this was coming.  So why did they have a race right at the beginning of the game that would only serve to cause gridlock?  Wouldn't it have been better to just drop players into the open world and let them activate the tutorial at a time of their choosing?  I'm betting that most of us would be able to play the game if we could just skip the first race.

The thing I don't understand is, why does your character automatically walk into the blue ring. Makes no sense. 

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

I dunno man, I don't get it either. Pretty much anyone who has ever played GTA before ever should get the hang of it pretty darn fast. At least they should have made it optional.

Elitas Travel
  • Elitas Travel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

You have a point but, rockstar aren't wizards. They can't tell what's coming.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Foresight if we had it the world would be a better place but we don't so sh*t happens deal with it

Get off you hight horse like you haven't made a mistake before stones n glass houses mate

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

The thing I don't understand is, why does your character automatically walk into the blue ring. Makes no sense. 

Because online is different to single player. This is what missions and events look like in the multiplayer and its showing you how to start them.
Theres a fair chance some people will play online without having played single player

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

THEY HAD SINGLE PLAYER 2 WEEKS. 2 WEEKS BEFORE TO GIVE US A CHANCE TO EXPLORE AND LEARN EVERYTHING AND NOW THEY GIVE US THIS RACE I CAN'T EVEN DO JESUS I'M ANGRY

I know it wasn't going to be possible on the first day but really I think at least most people would of been able to get in if there wasn't some gay tutorial 

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

I agree 100% the tutorial should be optional and we wouldn't be in this mess....Betting its a coding problem rather then server overload.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Because online is different to single player. This is what missions and events look like in the multiplayer and its showing you how to start them.
Theres a fair chance some people will play online without having played single player

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? No one is playing online.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

Yeah it was a pretty stupid idea. "We know the online is going to be swamped in the beginning so let's put a mandatory racing mission there which will act as a bottleneck."

BERMSAUCE
  • BERMSAUCE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:26 AM Edited by BERMSAUCE, 02 October 2013 - 06:30 AM.

couldnt agree more... I actually got into a race pretty shortly, but felt I bet too low and wanted to dashboard it and place a higher wager, (TIP: the race is cake)

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Once I got through the race, it's worked like a charm.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Why not??? Seems fun... Without the damn bug crap.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Probably them just stalling so they can place orders on more servers.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

its not like we didnt play singleplayer. Why do we need a tutorial? Retarded CoD kids maybe need it but the fanbase does not..

jayroen
  • jayroen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Yes why indeed...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users