Photo

Disable assisted-aim?

15 replies to this topic
_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

I've had my aiming controls set to manual since the first SP mission. I was also initially playing MP with manual settings.

I received an invite from a friend, joined their lobby - and was prompted that joining would change my aiming settings. It's been switched to assisted-aim ever since.

The setting is disabled and locked to assisted-aim in the pause menu and I don't see any option to change it when hosting a lobby. Has anyone figured out how to revert to manual?

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

You would need to be in a server with aim assist off. This was done to satisfy the people who bitched tht Auto-Aim would be imbalanced.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'll let you know the second I can use the ONLINE service.

On the other hand. glad a forum user I know has got around to using it. Enjoy your time :D

Dable
  • Dable

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Assisted or Auto Aim for this kind of game is a joke. Its online, its about skill, not who can hold the aim button faster .... :\

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Assisted or Auto Aim for this kind of game is a joke. Its online, its about skill, not who can hold the aim button faster .... :\

Thats why there are different settings. The roleplayers have their servers with assisted aim, the Call of Duties have their server with free aim. its perfect.

SonnyB4
  • SonnyB4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:12 AM Edited by SonnyB4, 02 October 2013 - 10:12 AM.

You gotta set free-aim on in SP and then when you join a session, you automatically join a free-aim server. If a friend joins your server afterwards, he has free-aim aswell. But if you join theirs, it could be changed to auto-aim all the way back to SP.

• _KC likes this

RichG
  • RichG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thats why there are different settings. The roleplayers have their servers with assisted aim, the Call of Duties have their server with free aim. its perfect.

I resent that, sir. What in the name of f*ck does role-playing have to do with auto-aim? Auto-aim is for people who would cry that the game is unplayably difficult if their weren't a "push this to auto hit target" button. It's about having no skill, not role-playing, WTF?

The Acidpiss
  • The Acidpiss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

You gotta set free-aim on in SP and then when you join a session, you automatically join a free-aim server. If a friend joins your server afterwards, he has free-aim aswell. But if you join theirs, it could be changed to auto-aim all the way back to SP.

this is true, just found out. should be a sticky!!!!

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Quite intresting that some people prefer free aim, with 3rd person view. I find it really annoying, sure it's more challenging but it's not challenging fun (In my opinion)

Polen88
  • Polen88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Is aim-assist challenging fun then?

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:49 AM Edited by Screenshot, 02 October 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Is aim-assist challenging fun then?

No, but it's not really annoying, when i try to aim using free aim, sometimes i aim at a wall, while sometimes i'll be aiming at the ground. Free aim is too annoying to use in 3rd person view. In my opinion. Also, if i were to decide to kill someone in real life, i would aim towards my target, and not on the ground/wall, This is just my personal preference, if i wanted some "Pure" shooting game, i would be playing Cod/CS which have 1st person shooter view, and is all about killing people.

Once again, this is just my personal preference.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Exactly what I needed. Thanks

voodoomagic*
  • voodoomagic*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

I think they should disable asssisted/auto aim and instead implement a system similar to what Rockstar used in Max Payne 3, it was simple and effective.

The Crosshair would be totally un-assisted but remain visible for a set period of time when any firearm/grenade is selected this allowed you to aim before firing whilst in-cover for instance. The Crosshair would then fade away seconds after you have selected the punch icon.

I also think they could do something to make the crosshair more prominent and defined, maybe infra-red or something. It's sometimes hard to see.

billy2048
  • billy2048

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

They should relase it on PC, so we don't have these gaypads to aim with. On a proper system there is no aim assist.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I resent that, sir. What in the name of f*ck does role-playing have to do with auto-aim? Auto-aim is for people who would cry that the game is unplayably difficult if their weren't a "push this to auto hit target" button. It's about having no skill, not role-playing, WTF?

so you say  that my hitman with 20 years of flawless kills cant hit a barn-door just because I as a player cant hit anything because of the gaypad?

Kendrick Lamar
  • Kendrick Lamar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

(Y)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users