• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Do you think V is better?

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

At least the multiplayer on San Andreas worked.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

What?

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

You mean that isometric crap or SAMP? Cause one sucks and the other is a mod.

And yeah, V wins. It is pretty much the best game in the series as a whole. There are still some things that need to be improved, but as a complete product it wins. Now if only they got GTA: Online working.

• Scaglietti likes this

Heisenberg666
  • Heisenberg666

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

That's not even official, it was a mod. Give Gta V multiplayer a chance. It only came out yesterday.

RomanBOY123
  • RomanBOY123

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Screenshots 2012 [GTA IV vs GTA V]

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

when SA came out, I was 9 years younger. And my view on games was different than now. 

Now i'm elder and games aren't smth special to me. It's just fun and way to relax. 

On the one hand, SA is in my mind for the rest of my life cause of it was my childhood. 

On the other hand, V is technically better. 9 years of game industry progression, Better graphics, physics, sound...environment!

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

And yeah, V wins. It is pretty much the best game in the series as a whole. There are still some things that need to be improved, but as a complete product it wins. Now if only they got GTA: Online working.
I said it worked. Never said it was good.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

This.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

IV took the crown after SA for me. V is better than IV so to me V is miles better than SA. And honestly I am sick of these SA dickriders...

• Ermac likes this

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Same here, don't get me wrong, I love GTA SA, but it is by no means better than V, V took me by surprise, it's pretty fun, the world feels more alive, there's even stuff going on in the countryside, unlike the SA country.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

People are right to criticize V (right to criticize anything) but it is undoubtedly the best in the series. The best R* could do with 250 M? Don't know.

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

when SA came out, I was 9 years younger. And my view on games was different than now. 

Now i'm elder and games aren't smth special to me. It's just fun and way to relax. 

On the one hand, SA is in my mind for the rest of my life cause of it was my childhood. 
On the other hand, V is technically better. 9 years of game industry progression, Better graphics, physics, sound...environment!

Well said

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well said indeed. Actually, it makes me think of a different angle - the context. Which between SA and V do you think better outdoes the competitors of its time? From that point of view, V doesn't seem quite as mind-blowing as SA.

Silent Dogwood
  • Silent Dogwood

Genuine Wole

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Pretending that V and San Andreas are equally weighted (that is, we take into account V has come out exactly a decade later), it's a tough call.

GTA V:

+ Cinematic, engaging story with fleshed out characters in a real, believable world

+ Technical achievement for its time (San Andreas was quite ugly considering it came out around Half Life 2)

- Still no where near as expansive as San Andreas (just not as much to do. 100% rolls around too fast. Although some may argue there's races and the like, a lot of them feel cut and paste. San Andreas had a ridiculous amount of stuff to do. Gang wars, variety of races, driving and flying schools, vigilante, paramedic and taxi missions, robbing houses, property, courier missions. The list goes on)

- Characters are unmemorable and unexciting. Rockstar gets so caught up in the satire that they sometimes drop the subtlety and create generic, predictable characters that don't impress or leave a lasting impression. Remember those trademark characters from the earlier series? The villians were clearly established, and the strangers and freaks were actual strangers and freaks, not just random people you meet on the sidewalk and forget about ten minutes later. From San Andreas, you had the Truth, Caeser, Tenpenny, Mad Dog, Woozie etc. All memorable characters who had sometime to contribute to the story.

San Andreas:

+ More quirky, memorable characters. Decidely light tone filled with humour which GTA has migrated from (not commenting if this is a good or bad migration)

+ Writing was more original and unpredictable (let's go steal a military prototype from this base why don't we?)

- Slightly loveable but totally cliched protagonist.

Overall I do believe V to be a better game, but it's a tough call. San Andreas is still most certainly up there.

Story wise however, I do think IV hit heights none of the other entries in the franchise does. It had character we could sympathise with the most, and can be considered the pinnacle of the GTA universe. The writing was Oscar worthy in some points.

• crisissasix and M'aiq the Liar like this

Markitaylor
  • Markitaylor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Fed up of the SA arse lickers. Yes it was good in its time but V blows it away, you cannot compare them. Anyone who keeps banging on about how much better SA is, why are you playing V and not SA then?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by Tycek, 02 October 2013 - 12:09 PM.

SA isn't a king, because it never reached that position in my opinion. VC was the best GTA game till 2008, when IV took the throne. I have to see GTA:Online to make proper judgement, but at this moment IV is still holding the crown.

• Scaglietti likes this

Silent Dogwood
  • Silent Dogwood

Genuine Wole

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Fed up of the SA arse lickers. Yes it was good in its time but V blows it away, you cannot compare them. Anyone who keeps banging on about how much better SA is, why are you playing V and not SA then?

This is the most uninformed comment I've seen in a while...

You can easily compare. Look at my previous post. I still reckon V is a better game, but saying it blows San Andreas away is ridiculous.

And I'd have thought even die hard fans of the game would have moved onto the next in the series after 10 years. Not to mention that you have to play V to complain about it, and unless they're also misinformed, the 'arse lickers' most likely have played V and have come off with a disgruntled impression

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Marky mark... It's an art talk. Stop being defensive.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

You may aswell ask ''What is better, Vice City or GTA V?''. And I'd said both. Because both of them has their own charm.

GTA V is better than San Andreas in some ways, and worse in other ways.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 02 October 2013 - 12:14 PM.

SA isn't a king, because it never reached that position in my opinion. VC was the best GTA game till 2008, when IV took the throne. I have to see GTA:Online to make proper judgement, but at this moment IV is still holding the crown.

I disagree with your opinion but I'll defend to the death your right to use that font! >.<

Edit: Ah sh*t. :p Font doesn't get quoted. >.<

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by StingrayX, 02 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

I still reckon V is a better game, but saying it blows San Andreas away is ridiculous.

So any opinion other than yours is ridiculous? Real smart right there. :sigh:

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

You said it perfectly man. 

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

BITCH AND MOANING ALL DAY LONG.

Silent Dogwood
  • Silent Dogwood

Genuine Wole

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I still reckon V is a better game, but saying it blows San Andreas away is ridiculous.

Read my first post in this threat. I know it's a long scroll (two or three posts up), but do try to make the effort.

There you'll find my justification as to why this train of thought is ridiculous.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Read my first post in this threat. I know it's a long scroll (two or three posts up), but do try to make the effort.

There you'll find my justification as to why this train of thought is ridiculous.

Nah the views on these games are all preference, my friend. To some, V may be way better than SA, to some it isn't. No one is right. ;)

Markitaylor
  • Markitaylor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Exactly. Was my personal opinion. As to disagree with it is yours.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by dreaded_verse, 02 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Comparing San Andreas to GTA 5 is like comparing that small nokia from 2001 to an iPhone -- its stupid. Theres almost a 10 year gap between the games. San Andreaa was the best game of its time, a pure masterpiece. It literally pushed the limits of the PS2 just as GTA 5 pushed the limits of the PS3.

Theyre both great games, but ones a classic and one is current. Of course GTA 5 is better in terms if graphics and things like that, but San Andreas will forever live on as my second favorite video game.

and if you never liked SA from the jump comparing the games is stupid because your opinion is going to be biased as hell. but thats whats great about this world, youre free to believe what you want. Opinions are like assholes...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

IV took the crown after SA for me. V is better than IV so to me V is miles better than SA. And honestly I am sick of these SA dickriders...

SA was never "king" in my eyes.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:35 PM Edited by Harwood-Butcher, 02 October 2013 - 01:35 PM.

This thread is the equivalent of going on to forum for Halo and starting a topic titled "Space Invaders still king?" :sui:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users