Photo

Does GTA test your MORALITY at times?

26 replies to this topic
StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Have certain situations made you stop and actually analyze your actions according to your morals? 

I have to admit it has happened to me a few times. Most recent was when I saw an owner with his dog and wanted to see how the owner would react if I kicked his dog then when the dog was lying on the floor I felt bad and was like "please get up". It honestly made me feel bad. 

How about you? Which situations have tested your morality?

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Because Video Games
  • Because Video Games

Oh my bad Mr. Gold Card!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

I ate a dog once
  • Mafioso518 likes this

SeFe
  • SeFe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

I ate a dog once

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

• Mafioso518 likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

I ate a dog once

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

And class, this is what happens when your family tree goes straight up

• Boozexlightyearxx and Mafioso518 like this

watson177
  • watson177

What should I write here?

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

hate to be rude, but i find it weird that you care so much about accidently killing a random video game dog, i mean, i can see it being sad if it was chop, and you accidently ran him over or something, but the random dog that you chose to hit to begin with, made you feel sad afterwards? dafuq?

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

I ate a dog once

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

And class, this is what happens when your family tree goes straight up

LMFAO.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

when playing as trevor, you know how you can kidnap hitchhikers and take them to that cult place up in the hills? 

well, i like to listen to the stories of these hitchhikers, and if i feel like they deserve it i will take them to the cult, if not, ill let them go. 

there was this lady who was cheating on her boyfriend, and only went to visit him when she needed money. needless to say, i took her to the cult :) 

• Boozexlightyearxx likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

I would have felt bad for kicking the puppy... if I hadn't just respawned because it mauled me for stepping too close to it before. 

Vicious little monster...  :angry:

Lethita
  • Lethita

Something Slayer...

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

How about you? Which situations have tested your morality?

Spoiler
I admit, I hesitated for a moment. But nah, I came to the solid conclusion that this
Spoiler
was an ass, and he deserved the fiery mutilation only Micheal could give.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

hate to be rude, but i find it weird that you care so much about accidently killing a random video game dog, i mean, i can see it being sad if it was chop, and you accidently ran him over or something, but the random dog that you chose to hit to begin with, made you feel sad afterwards? dafuq?

Well I love animals, I have two dogs so maybe that's why. Thing is, I can kill a human in a very vicious way on the game and I could care less lol! 

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

when playing as trevor, you know how you can kidnap hitchhikers and take them to that cult place up in the hills? 

well, i like to listen to the stories of these hitchhikers, and if i feel like they deserve it i will take them to the cult, if not, ill let them go. 

there was this lady who was cheating on her boyfriend, and only went to visit him when she needed money. needless to say, i took her to the cult :)

I didn't know about that...! O.O So do I have to wait after a certain mission to be able to do this?

GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

lol funny because i just played a stranger&freaks mission with trevor where you have a choice between killing or letting go of a kidnapped movie star... i felt bad for the poor sob and let him go 

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

No, it's a game.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

I dont feel bad but i dont hit dogs for fun like i do with peds

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Not at all. I spare lives though, rarely shoot the un-armed unless I'm provoked.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

In one of the missions, this guy was like "don't kill me I have a wife and children". I shot him and I felt bad afterwards.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Interesting topic that I can somewhat relate to, as I have these moments where the game pulls me in so much that I often act out as I would in the real world. But these are very brief moments. In the end I realize I'm just playing a game. And one of my goals with this game is to test every possible feature involved while experiencing various outcomes. So in that case morals are pretty much out the window, although yes it can sometimes be testing.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

I didn't know about that...! O.O So do I have to wait after a certain mission to be able to do this?

i think once you unlock trevor you can do it.. all you need to do is cruise around until the blue dots appear

Michael's shrink
  • Michael's shrink

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by Michael's shrink, 02 October 2013 - 05:49 AM.

I actually don't kill random PEDs on purpose only if I need their car. Any time the thought enters my head to kill a innocent PED I'm just like "well what did he do to me?". I want somebody to give me a reason though lol.

I actually felt bad just today, for an animal though. I was going up a hill Mt Chillad, in a cheetah and I saw an animal I think it was a cougar most likely. At first I wasnt gonna run him over, but then I was like ahhh f*ck it I have hardly killed animals in this game. As soon as I did it I kinda regretted it, just because it died so real, but it wasnt that serious. I just continued up the hill.

In IV I felt bad a few times killing pedestrians and stuff for no reason. Maybe thats why I dont do it anymore.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:26 AM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 02 October 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Running over coyotes accidentally because I've done it IRL once.

I know I've hit one coyote in the game that died, I know because I try to dodge them.  

Hurting animals hurts me, but hurting humans doesn't bother me.  I feel some humans just deserve to die for accepting this system built around them.  So I say f*ck them humans.

Last, I only kill animals if it is in self-defense.  Like those damn mountain lions, wish they'd just chill the f*ck out.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:06 AM Edited by M'aiq the Liar, 02 October 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Not really, it is just game there are times though. I have no problem killing deer and coyotes those are fun to run over. But I rarely will kill people's pet dogs most of the time, If I kill them it's accident.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

The only reason I don't kill people all the time in GTA is because the police are annoying.

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

You sick f*ck why did you kick the dog what the f*ck is wrong with you?

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

One time, for the crazy brits 

Spoiler

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Where I live, people sell dog meat. And centipede on a stick.

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

OP glad to know I'm not the only one.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Where I live, people sell dog meat. And centipede on a stick.

Sounds delicious...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users